Part 39 - Reception & Revelations

Aria began to walk down the aisle putting his thoughts at bay. Dex watched as the crystals on her dress sparkled like frost on a winters morning, catching the sunlight as she moved. She looked stunning, a little like Millie he thought. She had a similar look, but was a sightly bigger build than Millie, Her face a little rounder.  But she had Millie's pretty features, big, deep, dark, brown eyes, thin pink lips and defined cheek bones, her hair was very dark brown, almost black, just like Millie's but Aria had a sweeping side fringe that framed her face. She was carrying a bouquet of white lilies with tiny grey flowers in between, matching Millie and the other bridesmaids grey dresses. As Aria passed Dex in the aisle his attention moved, his eyes seeking out Millie behind her. He watched as her four bridesmaids appeared at the end of the aisle, Millie and Jessie followed by Lexi and Carly.

Millie looked even more beautiful than Dex had imagined, he couldn't help but smile to himself. She upstaged the bride by a mile. Her sleeveless grey dress hugged her body from head to toe. The bodice came right up high to the base of her neck, her dark brown hair up in a big bun on top of her head, a few wispy pieces falling around her face. Her make up made her already pretty face, flawless, sparkling silver eyeshadow with a dark smokey black eye and nude shimmery lips, she looked sexier than Dex had ever seen. He couldn't wait to get his hands on her later!

She was nervous, forcing a smile when she clocked him in the crowd, as she got to the end of the aisle she took her seat beside him, kissing him on the cheek.

"You look incredible!!" He whispered in her ear.
"Thank you." she replied looking him up and down. He did too, but there was no way she could say it to him. She wanted to forgive him and cuddle him and show him off to everyone at the wedding but with all the rumours and photos and stories that she'd read this week she just couldn't. Her barriers were well and truly up.

She tried to hide it, not wanting to cause a scene or ruin Aria's day but she knew Dex knew she was mad about something, there was an awkward air between them that she knew wasn't going away without some kind of argument and that wasn't going to happen today.

Millie watched as her sister said her vows and became Craig's wife, yet her mind was elsewhere, all of the rumours, the stories, the other girls filled her thoughts. She felt numb as the anger filled her veins.
I really don't want this shit anymore she thought, knowing she deserved so much better than a cheat. Aria was never going to have to deal with this, she was never going to wake op and open a newspaper and see what girl Craig had been with the night before. Craig was never going to be working away for weeks on end whilst a Aria received anonymous texts of his alleged infidelities and they were never going to have their personal life in show for the world, they were going to live a private, quiet, happy life together with no intrusion. That was the life Millie wanted, she didn't want to share her man with the world.

A single tear rolled down her cheek.
Luckily there was barely a dry eye in the house so she didn't look out of place as she wiped her eyes in the back of her hand.

Later that evening the party was in full swing, Millie sat down on the bands table and watched her beau singing his heart out to the wedding guests.

Millie glanced over to Jesse's girlfriend, Lilia, sat a couple of seats away, Lilia turned to look at Millie and smiled awkwardly.

"So, Dex didn't mention me then?" Asked Lilia

"Uhh..No, he didn't" replied Millie

"I'm surprised. I was the love of his life once" said Lilia, grinning. Millie wasn't sure if she was purposely trying to wind her up or if she was genuinely stupid. She figured it was the latter, based on her clothing choice and general appearance it had to be the latter, she'd come to a wedding in a tight white dress, so short and so sea through she wondered if people thought they'd hired her as a stripper to entertain the guests later.