Part 24 - Rumours

"This has been my favourite night with you ever" said Dex, turning to her with Pizza in hand.
"Really?" Asked Millie, recalling all the lavish parties, award ceremonies, amazing shows they'd been to together.
"Yeah" smiled Dex
"I feel normal" he laughed
"You're not normal baby" replied Millie. Dex pushed her playfully
"I just meant, you're too special to be normal, you were meant to be headlining Glastonbury, not sitting in my bedroom eating pizza watching a rubbish movie" explained Millie
"Rubbish" laughed Dex, in a mocking English accent
"Stop it!" She replied pushing him back.
"I should be headlining Glaston-Berry, you're right but It's nice to be like you commoners for a night though" teased Dex, making Millie push him again, this time a little harder.
Dex laughed, mouth full of pizza.
"Ewww" Exclaimed Millie as pizza fell from his mouth, leaving him in a fit of laughter. Millie smiled. God it was nice to see him smile.
"And it's Glaston-bree, not Glaston-berry!" Millie smuggly corrected him after his taking the micky out of her.

Snuggled up together on Millie's bed, it was 11.08pm as the movie neared the end. Dex pulled his phone from his jean pocket to check the time, Millie glanced up at the screen on his phone, he had several messages, she couldn't quite see who they were from but he clearly had his phone on silent, it hadn't made a sound all evening, Dex quickly cleared the screen, turning it slightly away from Millie's view and pushed the phone back down into his pocket, he looked down at Millie's face, her head resting on his chest, his expression was odd, almost concerned as if he was nervously awaiting Millie to call him out for what she saw on the screen, he looked guilty.
"You alright?" He asked, cautiously
"Yeah" replied Millie, rattled. Moving from his chest she sat up, something wasn't right, he was hiding something, it was more than a hunch, it was written all over his face, there was something on his phone.
"Who text you?" Asked Millie, bluntly, not trying to hide the annoyance in her tone of voice
"Uh, everyone!" Replied Dex, knowing that was the easiest answer, he did receive texts from everyone constantly! Including fans and strangers who had managed to get his number from somewhere!
"Dex, don't mess me around! You know what I mean" said Millie, a serious expression showing him she wasn't joking around anymore.
"It's nothing Millie, it's just fans, all a load of shit, you know the kind of shit I get all the time" replied Dex, Millie could tell he was getting wound up.
"Right" she replied, equally annoyed
Millie's phone beeped

Can you tell Dex to reply please, I need to know what time to meet him at the airport
Thanks love
Isy x

What the hell is she playing at thought Millie
knowing that whether it was true or not her aim was to wind Millie up and split her and Dex up. Millie turned the phone around and showed Dex. Anger began to course through her veins to think that he had spent the evening with her and was then going to meet Isy after!

His expression turned to anger.
"Oh come on Millie! You can't honestly believe I'd go and meet her!" Snapped Dex, annoyed with the same shit over and over again.
Millie just shrugged her shoulders.
Dex threw this phone onto the bed next to her
"Go on, look! Read it all, I don't care" said Dex, raising his voice.
Millie didn't touch it, she wanted to read every single message he'd ever sent or received but she wasn't going to be that girl, no matter how much she wanted to see it.
"Why does she know so much about you? How does she know you're here, how does she know you're going to the airport soon, it doesn't make sense unless you're telling her!" Said Millie, she could feel the tears pooling in the corner of her eyes, not wanting him to see her cry she took a deep breath and attempted to compose herself.
"I honestly don't know Millie, I don't know who's feeding her it, but someone is"  he replied, frustrated. He knew he could never make her believe him 100%.

"You make me believe I actually have a future with you and then this happens time and time again! I'm never going to be as good as them" Yelled Millie, fighting back the tears she wanted to be strong.
She moved off of the bed and walked over to the window, she needed some physical space from him, not knowing what to believe.