Part 6 - Unwelcome visitor

Stood side stage Dex watched the warm up act, something he usually avoided. He didn't want any one in the crowd to see him and ruin his big entrance later on and watching just amplified his nerves by 1000! He was already sweating an un-humanly amount, his fringe had begun to stick to his forehead, he attempted to brush it back up on top of his head, wiping sweat from his forehead in his sleeve.
He downed a little bit more vodka from the bottle in his other hand, hoping it would steady his nerves.

"Alright man?" Asked Jesse as he came and stood beside him, beer bottles in both hands!

"Yeah" replied Dex

"I hate these tiny venues, the crowd is too close to the stage" groaned Dex. The more famous he became the more nervous he felt about his audience being close enough to touch him, he feared at some point he would be pulled off stage, he'd come close a few times already, teenage girls were crazy!

"I know, but Mac will be down at the front, ya'll be aright" said Jesse reassuringly. Jesse couldn't stand still, as Dex looked up at him he polished off the second beer bottle!

"Go steady man, I might get pulled off stage but you're gonna fall off if you drink any more!" Joked Dex, though he was half serious! Jesse laughed

"I'm alright" he smiled

Dex' attention returned to the band on stage finishing their set. He had to go on soon and no matter how amazing, how talented and how confident he was on stage waiting to go on always terrified him, it never got any easier. The anticipation was his enemy. He needed to get on soon before the nerves ate away at him.

He jumped as he felt someone touch him, wrapping arms around his waist,

"Hey baby" whispered a voice in his ear. As he turned to look over his shoulder his smile was almost a reflex as he laid eyes on Millie. He turned around instantly throwing his arms around her and squeezing her in tight. Millie closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, taking in the smell of his sweat that she loved! It smelled like HIM! It was the smell she missed the second after he left her, every single time.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Dex, pulling back from her for a second to look at her face.

"I missed you" she said shyly, she still turned into a nervous wreck every time she saw him!

"Ah I missed you too" he replied, pulling her in tight to him again. Millie glanced over at Jesse stood next to them, his stare glued to the band on stage he hadn't even acknowledged Millie.

"Alright Jess?" She said, Jesse didn't answer he was in the middle of necking another drink, with a full bottle still in his other hand, he looked a mess, she thought, watching him as he polished off the last of the drink he turned to her briefly for a second, avoiding eye contact

"A'ight" he replied unenthusiastically

'He's such a dick!' Thought Millie 'and he's always drunk!'. Despite him being really good looking, Millie had taken a disliking to Jesse, he was rude and arrogant and it was obvious to her that he didn't like her! She had no idea why but he did nothing to try to hide the fact that he obviously didn't like her being there with Dex. Despite her need for everyone to like her, she wasn't all that bothered about him.

She really tried hard to fit in with Dex and his friends, she wanted them to like her and to believe she was good enough for him, or at least she wanted to convince herself of it! But Jesse, just didn't seem worth the effort.

Dex was agitated, she'd not seen him right before a show before and he didn't seem like himself, his eyes were glazed, he wasn't quite there, as Millie spoke to him it was as if he was looking right through her, his mind was completely somewhere else, it was like he was high. Millie hoped that he wasn't! With that thought planted in her mind she began to question herself. Did she really know him? Really? Would she even know? She hadn't known him long and being who he was he had access to anything he wanted, she wasn't with him a lot so it would be easy for him to do anything he wanted without her knowing, she knew Jesse had to be taking something, what if they all did? What if that was just a normal part of their lifestyle. It was a whole other world to what Millie knew. Maybe he'd taken something because he assumed Millie was in England. Cate had mentioned something about him taking drugs a long time ago, Millie wondered if she was just ignoring the signs because she didn't want it to be true! She suddenly felt a little bit sick, she began to wish she hadn't flown out, she'd rather she wasn't there to see whatever he was doing.