Part 28 - Crushing

Millie slowly pulled away from him, not wanting to wake him, knowing how tired he was and how gruelling his schedule was. It was hard to sleep on a noisy bus with so many other people, she wanted to leave him to sleep.

She put his denim jacket over his top half and slowly climbed over him and out of the bunk. The bunks were so tiny she felt smothered just led between sleeping Dex and the wall,

with a bunk on top of them there was barely any space. She wasn't sure where she was going to go, she felt awkward mingling with the band without Dex but she knew however uncomfortable it made her, staying cramped in that bunk was worse.

Feeling guilty she knew that if she went out to the seating area with the rest of the band she was likely to bump into Jesse.

She pulled back the curtain to Dex's bunk and peeked out. All of the other bunk curtains were closed. Most people had gone to bed. Maybe Jesse had. She listened for a minute. She could still hear quiet chatting at the other end of the bus, she figured she would go get a drink and see who was up.

she walked nervously down the thin bus aisle between two rows of bunks, she was sure she could hear Jesse's voice still.

The aisle opened up into the seating area, Jesse was led on one of the couches, CJ was asleep on another. Mac was sat at the table doing some paperwork. Jesse caught sight of Millie and sat up a little. Mac turned around to see who it was

"Alright Mil?" he asked

"Yeah, Dex is asleep and it's so stuffy in those bunks, just wanted some air and a drink" she replied, feeling like she was appearing guilty by explaining herself that much. She nervously walked towards the sink, grabbing a glass from the cupboard above she turned the tap slowly, trying to be as quiet as she could and not wake anyone up. Especially the driver.

"Ok, help yourself love" replied Mac, turning his attention back to his paperwork.

Jesse tried not to make it obvious that he was watching her. He couldn't understand how he'd gone from really disliking her just a couple of weeks ago to finding himself feeling like he really wanted to be around her. He surprised himself as he realised he was watching her ass as she stood with her back to him, filling up her glass from the tap.

She turned back to face him and took a sip of her drink, her mouth was bone dry and she needed a sip before plucking up the courage to talk to Jesse, with mac in the room she felt awkward. But in reality Mac knew nothing! As far as he was concerned Millie and Jesse hated each other and he'd probably be glad to see them getting on, even more so that Jesse appeared sober and wasn't causing Mac any hassle for once!

"Are you going to be up for a little while?" whispered Millie, being just a few feet from where the driver was sleeping in his cab, Millie was conscious not to be loud and wake him. Mac was always telling the guys off for keeping the driver awake. He was often driving overnight and needed to rest.

"Yeah" replied Jesse, Hopeful that she was going to join him for a while. Jesse sat up, moving his feet off the couch so she could sit down. With Mac sat in earshot Millie felt like a kid wanting to be alone with her boyfriend with a parent in the room. It was awkwardly silent for a few moments. Millie wasn't good at initiating conversation, she wasn't very chatty with people she didn't know well

"How long you here for?" Asked Jesse breaking the ice. Millie was grateful.

"Err..I'm working here till Wednesday.." she started to explain

"But you guys leave here tomorrow night anyway, don't you?" She asked, pleased that conversation was beginning to flow

"Yeah, late tomorrow after the show" replied Jesse.