Part 13 - London

7.00pm and Millie was still in the office, she hadn't heard from Dex all day but it wasn't unexpected, his schedule was relentless this week, being in Europe for a short amount of time meant cramming a few weeks worth of shows, tv appearances and interviews into just a couple of days. She felt sad for him, she knew be absolutely loved what he did but the amount he was made to do was gruelling.

She yawned, beginning to feel a little nervous alone in the office and just about to call it a night she jumped at the sound of her phone.

"Hey baby!" She said in a sweet, almost baby like voice, she gasped involuntarily in excited anticipation of his sexy American accent.

"Hey, where are you?" He asked
"Still at work, well I'm just getting ready to leave" she replied, packing up her sketch pads into a pile to take home. Holding the phone between her shoulder and her ear she closed the blinds, packed her stuff into her bag and walked out of her office into the corridor. The building was silent, most people had left already, she could hear footsteps upstairs on the management floor but everyone else had already gone.

"Where are you?" She asked, walking down the empty, dimly lit hallway.
"Close" he replied, she felt as though she heard him say that, not just down the phone but like he was there.
Wow, I must be tired! She thought. As she approached the lift she looked over the balcony which looked down over reception.

"Oh my goodness!!" She dropped the phone. Dex was stood in reception, he smiled at her, sliding his phone back in is pocket. She ditched waiting for the lift and ran down the stairs, throwing her stuff on the floor she slammed into him, full force, throwing her arms around him. He laughed.

"Hey, pleased to see me?" He teased
She didn't answer, instead she kissed him and took in a deep breath, she needed to take in that smell, him.
She held onto him, eyes closed tightly. She loved the surprises that constantly came with dating him. He was exciting. This was what she always wanted, a guy that would turn up and surprise her at work, it was a shame it was late and there was no one left in reception to be jealous of her perfect boyfriend. Sophie would have wet herself if she were there when he walked in!

"What are you doing here?" she asked
"I managed to blag an interview in London tomorrow so the whole band is in London, just for 24 hours. I needed to see you again before I fly back to the states" he said
"Now lets stop talking and get you home" said Dex with a cheeky look on his face. Millie smiled.
In the car on the way home Dex' phone rang. He struggled to pull it from the tight pocket of his skinny jeans, fidgeting around in his seat for a while he managed to pull it free.

"Yeah" he said, answering the call
"Oh man, really?!"
Millie didn't know who he was talking to but Dex seemed annoyed by whatever news he had just been given.
"Yeah"
"Ok" Dex sighed. Millie began to worry. What if he had to go, he'd only just got there.
"Bye" he hung up the phone

He paused for a second, Millie waited impatiently for him to say something
"Listen babe, change of plan, my TV interview has been moved from 2pm to 10am tomorrow! Which gives us two options" he explained.

"I either leave at like 6am tomorrow morning to get back to London in time, or you come with me and we go to London now, it's Friday, you don't have work tomorrow do you? can you come?" He asked, it seemed like that was his preferred choice and she really didn't want him to have to go at 6am. She thought about it for a minute.

"I'm going dress shopping with Aria tomorrow" She replied, feeling really disappointed that this might not be able to happen.

"Uhh, I guess if I left London really early... maybe" she replied

She'd have much rather stayed away from Jesse after there last encounter. But that idiot wasn't going to stop her from being with her man.

"I'll need to go home and grab some stuff first though" she added
"Yeah of course" he smiled
"Thank you" he added rubbing her knee