Part 31 - More rumours

It was a week later and Millie hadn't heard anything from Jesse. She wondered if he was ok. She'd also not seen Dex all week and was missing him like crazy. But being completely snowed under at work helped to keep her mind focused and not just sit and think about the situation. She was at least enjoying some time with Ricco, movie night, pamper night, board game night, as much as she craved some time with Dex, Ricco was a lot of fun and she couldn't say she wasn't having a good time with him. He was literally the best friend a girl could want, having him certainly eased the loneliness of a long distance relationship, especially when she was reading stories on an almost daily bases on social media about her boyfriend with various different women. One in particular was Isy Brennan, for some reason Millie felt a little jealous of the stories involving her and Dex, it's not that she believed any of them were true as such but the fact that she was British, around the same age as Millie but spent more time around her boyfriend than she did made her feel uneasy.

Dex was often being photographed at festivals and tv shows and various star studded events where her girlband we're in attendance.

Millie didn't know too much about the girlband, all she knew is that they had been runners up on one of the find a pop star tv shows and had shot to fame over the past few months after their stint on the show.

Millie had googled them and read a little bit about Isy, it was always her name cropping up in magazines. Millie felt very out of the loop, she wasn't in their circles, her life was a million miles away, both literally and metaphorically. Her life was quiet and mostly 9-5. She didn't go to fancy award ceremonies, she didn't appear on tv shows performing in skimpy outfits that looked like underwear. Her hips couldn't pull that off in a million years, nor could her confidence.

Every now and again it all made her question if she was the right person for Dex, was she good enough for him or did she pale in comparison with some of these pop babes he was around a lot.

Not being with Dex for the week actually felt quite refreshing. She was a bit of a home bird, a little introvert even and his jet-setting lifestyle wouldn't be one she'd have chosen for herself. She wished Dex could just retire and move to England so they could have a normal life. But the truth was his career had barely started, she knew if they stayed together she had years and years of this life.

It was 9.40pm, Millie was sat on the couch at Ricco's plush penthouse apartment. She'd barely been home at all since they got home from their New York trip. Ricco was in the shower. Millie's phone beeped, excited she grabbed her phone, assuming it would be Dex

As she began to read the message her heart sank a little

Just thought you should know that at this precise moment your boyfriend is with me in a hotel room. Sorry to have to tell you this but these things happen on tour. Isy x

Millie felt sick! Every single time she got a text or read a story in a magazine a piece of her heart died. She wasn't sure if that was because she believed it or because of the invasion of her privacy in having her number and sending such a horrible message. She immediately tried to call Dex but his phone just went to answer phone.

She frantically tried to write a text, struggling to type properly, her fingers were shaking, tears began to stream down her cheeks. She was becoming so fed up of all this. There were cheating allegations on an almost daily basis, how could every single one be a mistake, a lie. Surely for it to happen so often there had to be some truth in it. Millie pulled the sleeve of her sweater down over her hands and wiped her eyes with it.

She was beginning to feel like maybe she wanted out of this, she couldn't keep crying over the same thing over and over again and with her situation with Jesse, not being with Dex seemed a lot easier right now.