Part 7 - First class dick!

As the cab approached the hotel Millie couldn't wait for some alone time with Dex. Mac and CJ had shared the taxi with them so Millie felt like she couldn't really talk to him, not properly. They were all tired having just come off stage and although she had tones to talk to Dex about she knew she would annoy them all if she talked the entire journey.

The car pulled up outside of a grand looking hotel, she was surprised by the grandeur and obvious expense the record label was going to put the guys up. She expected them to be staying in pretty mediocre hotels, or on the bus, She remembered Dex telling her that they rarely stayed in hotels, they were always on the bus, the best they got was a day room to shower and get away from each other for a little while so It seemed odd to Millie that lately they seemed to be staying in hotels every night and luxury ones at that! Dex must have been doing even better than she thought.

Waiting for Mac whilst he went inside the hotel to make sure it was safe for Dex to get out of the car, Dex rested his head on her shoulder, Millie stroked his cheek, the drug thing was still eating away at her, part of her wanted to bring it up and get the truth out of him but the other half of her didn't want to ruin the very little time she had with him. Maybe now wasn't the time but she knew it was never going to just go away in her mind. She'd spent her teens dating an addict and it was the worst experience of her life! Certainly not one she was going to repeat. The endless lies and constant fights, the never knowing if what he was saying or doing was genuine or a result of being off his head. The never ending worry Will he be ok by the morning or will this be the one that kills him? The fights with other guys, the cheating, being arrested on a regular basis and the agony of being the one trying to fix it all.. To fix him!
There was no way she was going through all that again at her age, she knew no better as a teen, she did now and if nothing else she knew deserved better than that life.

She sighed, leaning her head against the window she gazed out. Dex lifted his head from her sensing something was up.

"Hey are you ok?" He asked, his voice quiet and exhausted.
"Yeah" she looked at him forcing a smile. Dex wasn't buying it.

"Are you sure?" He pushed. She just nodded. She was relieved as Mac opened the car door preventing Dex from interrogating her further.

"Come on, there's no one around in there, you're fine" said Mac. Dex and CJ got out first.

As Millie slid along the seat to the open door she could hear a commotion coming from outside, it made her a little nervous, she got out slowly, cautiously looking around to see what was going on. She noticed it was coming from the cab behind them.

Making no attempt to hide it, Jesse and Cat were in a full swing domestic!

Millie felt embarrassed for them. She turned to Dex and rolled her eyes, neither of them really knew what to do. Mac handed Dex over to another crew member as he went to try and sort things out.

He grabbed Jesse by the shoulder, Mac was a big guy but Jesse shook him off with ease.

He went straight back to Cat grabbing her by the hair he pulled her head down in an attempt to get her back in the taxi.

Mac grabbed him again, two other guys from their security team rushed to help, pulling Cat free of him.

   "Back off Mac! This doesn't concern you!" Snapped Jesse, stumbling all over the road, obviously off his head.

     "Yeah it fucking does Jess!" Mac shouted back at him

     "It concerns us all! Your actions and reputation could ruin careers for all these guys, have some fucking sense" he snapped.

Jesse looked around at the rest of the band in what looked like a moment of realisation. It wasn't.

    "Oh fuck the lot of you" he replied clearly not in a state to access his conscience! He got back in the cab and slammed the door, it sped away leaving Cat stood on the pavement in floods of tears.