Part 16 - Dress shopping!

An hour into her drive back home and Millie had barely stopped crying the entire way, she'd just had to say a tearful goodbye to her boyfriend for the 1000th time! Not knowing exactly when she would get to see him again Her heart felt like it was in pieces, she had Jesse telling her to leave Dex and that he was fucking some pop star girl. As if Millie didn't feel inadequate already! Dex had mostly just dated beautiful pop princesses and Millie was most certainly not that! She was just average, there was nothing special about her, she wondered what Dex even saw in her. All kinds of thoughts we're going through her head all the way home, feeling sorry for herself she put on an album of sad love songs and had a slight emotional breakdown on the M4!

She had no more tears left to cry as she finally pulled into the car park of the bridal boutique where she was meeting her sisters and her mum for wedding dress shopping. She looked in the mirror, her face was red and blotchy, her eyes bloodshot. There was no way she was going to be able to hide the fact that she was upset from her family but she didn't want to steal Aria's thunder and bring all her drama to what needed to be a fun filled day for her sister. She pulled some foundation from her bag and attempted to cover some of the red patches on her face, she put a black cap on, hoping it might help a little! and applied some lip gloss, hoping she'd perhaps gone from looking like death, to at least death warmed up!

She exhaled deeply attempting to muster a little bit of strength to get through the potential interrogation she was about to be subjected too. As she got out of the car she clocked her little sister Alexia pull in. She waited for her.

"Mils!" Smiled Lexi as she hurried towards her, throwing her arms around her sister. Millie kissed her on the cheek.

"How are you feeling now Lex?" Asked Millie, getting in there quick with the questions before Lexi could ask what was wrong with her. Lexi actually looked so much better! Millie couldn't believe how fast she had recovered. Just a matter of weeks ago she was fighting for her life after being hit by a car and now she looked like none of that had ever happened! Millie noticed a slight scar above her eyebrow but other than that she looked like the tall, beautiful, blonde she always was.

"I'm good babe. Getting there! Still having to go to physio everyday, my hips are still playing up but besides that I'm good" she smiled. Millie put arm around her like a protective big sister and they walked together into the boutique.

"Mils! Lex!" Shouted Aria walking towards them from the other side of the store. Millie took a quick scan of the room, she clocked her mum and a couple of Aria's friends across the room. Millie had never been in a bridal shop before, it was so pretty. The room was huge and circular, seating was arranged in the middle with dress racks lining the outside of the circular room there must have been thousands of dresses all the way around the edge, with a few doors between the racks, Millie assumed they were dressing rooms.

A smartly dressed lady approachesd them. Millie was glad, it didn't give her sisters any time to question her. Millie guessed she was about 50, wearing a black pencil skirt and blush pink blouse, her dyed blonde hair resting on her shoulders with a thin black headband on top.

"Hello ladies" she said with a smile

"I'm Cynthia, I'll be your consultant today, so who is my bride?" She asked

"Me, Aria" Aria put out her hand to shake hands

"Fabulous!" Said Cynthia

"Introduce me to your entourage" she added

"These are my sisters Lexi and Millie" she said looking at them. Millie quickly stopped the eye roll she was giving Lexi about Cynthia's use of the word 'entourage'. Lexi giggled at Millie being caught.