sette

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄

mattia

monday morning came by too quick and i found myself walking into school. i regret taking advantage of summer and not enjoying it to the fullest. now i have to deal with waking up at six in the morning every fucking day.

as i walk to my locker, i peep madison and hector walking together. i make eye contact with madison and she smiles, mouthing something to hector before making her way towards me.

"what's up." she says all chirpy.

"you're in a good mood." i tell her, smiling at her happiness.

"i am, my english teacher isn't here today." she says and i laugh at her.

"wow, already avoiding an education?" i lightly gasp, acting as if i'm disappointed in her.

she lightly smacks my chest, "who the fuck likes english? i've always been a math person." she tells me and i raise my eyebrow, surprised at what she just said.

"you're probably the only person, other than myself, who likes math." i tell her and she tilts her head in shock, too. "so, is hector still awkward?"

"no thankfully, i was scared i was gonna have to avoid him." she told me and i chuckled.

i wish she did.

"where is he anyways?" i ask her and she shrugs as she looks around.

"i have no clue, i told him i'd see him later during lunch." she says as she places a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"you're not sitting with us today?" i ask her and she wrinkles her eyebrows.

"well, i was gonna ask you if he can sit with us." she asks as she looks up to me.

"why don't you just sit with him alone?" i suggest and she scrunches up her face.

"i don't know how i feel about that, it could get awkward again." she tells me with a small laugh.

"trust me, it won't." i tell her. "just sit with him and if things start getting weird then you can always sit with us." i tell her and she smiles.

"or we can all sit together." she suggests and i shake my head.

"stop being a pussy, i thought you were bold." i nudge her side and she squirms.

"i am bold." she says and i give her a look. "ish." she finishes and i smile. "it just takes time for me to get out of my comfort zone with someone new." she tells me.

"it barely took time with me." i tell her as i lean against my locker and shoot her a smile.

she smiles back, "okay but that's different, you just have this thing." she tells me and i look away before laughing.

"what do you mean this thing?" i ask her and she shrugs as she laughs.

"we just- i don't know." she hesitates, refusing to get the words out of her mouth.

"you're gonna think i'm weird for this." she says and i chuckle.

"yeah, you're not bold." i tease her and she raises an eyebrow.

"fine." she says. "we just have a whole other level of connection."

"that wasn't so hard." i grab her and give her a hug. "you see, i wish i could say the same but-"

"shut the fuck up." she immediately pulls away from the hug and lightly punches me. "but i don't know, i've never clicked with anyone so quick like i did with you."