trenta

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

mattia

"you guys can't embarrass me tonight." i tell both of my parents who were in the kitchen preparing dinner.

"oh come on, what type of parents would we be if we didn't?" my dad asked me and i glared at him.

"normal parents. you would be normal parents." i told him and they laughed.

"no promises." my mom said as she kissed my arm before setting the table.

the doorbell rings and my stomach drops to the floor. fuck. i quickly run to the nearest mirror and fix my hair before running back to the front door.

i open the door and made immediate eye contact with madison. she was holding a plastic container with tiramisu inside. "hi baby." she greets before leaning in to give me a kiss.

i could never get enough of her lips.

"you brought tiramisu?" i asked and her eyes go wide as worry fills her face.

"do you guys hate tiramisu?" she asked and i chuckled at her nervousness.

"we love it actually, i'm just surprised you would bring something." i told her and she smiled.

"i told you i love surprising now." she tells me and i smirk at her remark.

"very funny." i say as we walk towards the kitchen. "mamma, papa, gianluca, meet madison. madison, meet mamma, papa, and my little brother gianluca."

"mattia was not lying when he said you were gorgeous!" my mom says and i sigh. she's already putting me on the spot and we're not even eating yet.

madison looks at me with a sly smile before shaking hands with all of them, "i hope you guys like tiramisu." she says and my parents laugh.

"oh we love tiramisu!" my dad says and he gently takes the container from her hands and places it on the kitchen counter.

we all sit down on the table and begin to eat. "so, tell us how you guys met." his dad says and i look at madison before she starts speaking.

"well, i moved to new jersey a few months ago with my dad and i had my first class with mattia." she smiles before taking a bite out of her food.

"how are you liking new jersey so far?" my mom asks her.

"it's so so cold." madison says and my brother laughs at her tone. "in miami i was so used to living in eighty degree weather almost everyday."

"this isn't even the coldest it'll get." my little brother tells her and madison looks almost scared causing all of us to laugh.

"and how are your parents liking it so far?" my dad asks her.

"my dad loves it, he's getting paid a lot more over here than in miami so he's definitely enjoying the extra cash." she says.

"what about your mom?" my mom asks and i almost choke on my food.

"mamma-" i say but madison interrupts me.

"it's fine." madison places her hand gently on my arm.

"she passed away when i was very young." she tells them.

"oh honey, i am so sorry i didn't know." my mom apologizes.

"it's fine, really. i don't really remember much about her." she tells them and we all smile.

"well, i'm sure she would've loved seeing what a great young woman you are." my dad says. "especially knowing that you brought tiramisu to an italian household." he jokes and we all laugh.