quarantanove

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

it was about seven at night and i was currently waiting for mattia to come pick me up. tomorrow, mattia leaves and i want to make the most out of the time we have left together. "so where are you guys going?" my dad asks me.

"i have no clue." i respond. "it's always a surprise with him." i smile.

soon enough, i hear a beep come from outside and i get up from the couch. i say goodbye to raquel and my dad before walking out the door and into the car.

"hello beautiful." mattia greets me and i lean in for a kiss.

"so, where are we going?" i ask him and he shakes his head.

"i'm not telling you yet." he tells me and i rest my head on my hand against the window.

mile high by james blake is playing through the speakers of the car. i look at mattia who's focused on the road with one hand on the wheel and the other hand intertwined with mine.

after a while, we arrive to his destination and i immediately notice we're on top of a hill. "i thought we could be here for a while and just talk." he says and i nod with a smile.

we both get out of the car and look at the scenery around us. this place is beautiful. there's stars in the sky and it's so peaceful and relaxing. mattia lays down on the grass and i hesitate before doing the same.

"do you have to leave tomorrow?" i asked him and he chest moves up and down from laughing.

"yes, i do." he says and he pulls me closer so my head is on his shoulder. "i'll be back before you know it." he adds. "robert can't go." he laughs.

"what! why?" i ask him.

"his mom saw his grades and isn't letting him go." he explains while laughing.

"poor robert." i tell him. "lauren is coming tomorrow."

"really? that's good." he says. "it won't be just you and leilani." he says.

"speaking of leilani, were her and jenna ever friends?" i asked him. ever since i saw leilani talking to jenna, i've been skeptical.

"i don't know about friends, but leilani used to be on the cheerleading team so they definitely know each other." he tells me and i nod.

thinking of jenna just makes my blood boil. "how was it when you and jenna dated?" i asked him.

he sighs, "does it matter?" he asks and i sit up and look at him.

"yes, it does." i respond before laying down. "i promise i won't get jealous." i put my pinky out for him to wrap it and he looks at it before laughing and wrapping it around.

"i was a sophomore and she was a freshman, and we had mutual friends so we got closer." he explains. "we were together for a while but then the whole hector thing happened, and i broke up with her and then we just stopped talking." he said. "anything after that was just us hooking up until she got super obsessed and i just dropped her." he tells me.

"wow." i responded.

"then i met this weird ass girl in calculus and god damn was she wei-" he said but i lightly smacked his chest before he could finish.