ottanta

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

mattia

"i won't make you wear a blindfold this time just because you've already been here." i told madison and she shoots me a smile.

she's definitely happy to hear that.

i continue to drive and we soon approach our destination. "yes!" i whispered to myself as i looked at the big blanket with a basket, roses, and a small gift bag on top.

i set this picnic up five minutes before leaving to pick her up and all i could think about was if the wind would blow it away or someone would steal it.

she looks at me and i look at her. she looks back at the set up and looks at me with a smile. "you did this for me?" she asked me and i laughed.

"no, i did it for my brother." i sarcastically say. "yes, i did this for you."

she laughed at me before embracing me into a hug. "i love you." i say and she smiles.

"i love you so much more." she responds.

we both get out of the car and she opens the back seat to grab what looks like a gift. "you didn't have to you know." i told her and she glares at me.

"i should be saying that, you're always buying me things." she responds and i playfully roll my eyes.

"not always." i responded and she sassily placed a hand on her hip. "okay fine, i do but i like buying you stuff."

"i don't like that you waste so much money on me." she tells me.

wait until she sees my gift.

we walk to the blanket and sit down. i grab the basket and open it, revealing the food my dad had cooked for us. "i know you can be picky with food sometimes so i had my dad cook us filet mignon with mashed potatoes."

she looked at the food and back up at me, "you're drooling." i joked and she lightly smacked my arm.

"thank you." she said as she looked around. "you didn't have to do all of this."

"what type of boyfriend would i be if i didn't?" i said and she smiled.

"the same perfect boyfriend." she responded.

i grabbed the paper plates and handed them to her as she served us the food and i served us the drinks.

"this is your specialty." she said referring to my job and i laughed.

"act funny, i'll spill this sprite all over you." i told her.

she gave me my plate and i grabbed it, grabbing two forks and handing her one of them. she takes a bite out of her food and her eyes roll to the back of her head.

"this is so good." she said. "you know, i remember the first time i went to your dad's restaurant."

"the same day i convinced your dad to let you go to the party." i said and she laughed.

"the party where we kissed for the first time." she added and i chuckled.

that's right.

"i remember tasting vanilla." i told her and she nodded.

"vanilla bean burt's bees." she said and we laughed.

we continued our conversation where we talked about all sorts of things. we talked about our past, our future, and childhood stories.

"okay gift time, i'll go first." she excitedly said as she grabbed her bag from the end of the blanket.

she's so cute when she's excited.