sessantatré

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

i woke up from my sleep in mattia's arms. i turned over to look at his face and take the time to admire him.

he really is the best thing that has ever happened to me. i don't know what would've happened to me if he never came.

i rub my finger against his face, caressing his soft skin. i play with his hair and place a kiss on his forehead. his eyes then flutter open and he stretches deeply before exhaling. "good morning." his raspy voice says.

"good morning." i quietly told him.

"how do you feel?" he asks me as he plays with my hair now.

"i feel the same." i told him and he sighed.

"i'm sorry." he tells me.

"for what? it's not your fault." i said.

"yes it is. i got mad at you for thinking that i would cheat on you when it's okay for you to think otherwise." he says. "i wish i got over it sooner. i wouldn't have let you go to that party."

"you are not the one to blame here." i tell him. "it's my fault this all happened."

"stop don't say that." he scolds me. "you went to that party to have fun and things took a turn, but it is not your fault that it happened." he tells and he sits up. "i don't ever want to hear you say that again. this is not your fault." he grabs onto my hands and i smile and nod.

i pull him down and give him a tight hug, absorbing his warmth. "i don't know what i'd do without you." i closed my eyes as i embraced his touch.

"i should be saying that." he tells me. "i was miserable those few hours we went without talking to each other."

i chuckle at his words and he smiles, "you laughed." he points out and i roll my eyes. "are you going to tell your dad?" he asks me.

i haven't even thought about that.

i shrug, "i don't know if i should." i respond to him. "he'll most definitely involve the cops and it'll be a whole different problem."

"mads, these people need to face consequences." he tells me. "what they did was completely unacceptable and they shouldn't drug someone to get what they want."

"i just don't want drama. we don't even have evidence that she drugged me and there's no proof that he was going to do that to me." i told him. "plus i don't want people finding out."

"okay but they can run tests and you can tell them your side of the story." he suggests.

"what story? i barely remember anything from yesterday." i said and he gives me a defeated sigh. "plus, that party was filled with college students and everyone who was there from our school is friend's with jenna. it's my word against theirs."

"they deserve to rot in prison. she's so lucky she's a girl, and he's so lucky i left before i could kill his ass." he spits as disgusts takes over his face.

thinking about leilani faking our whole friendship makes me want to cry. she was honestly someone that i trusted and told everything to.

"so lauren was right." i said and mattia nodded. "i should've listened to her."

he hugs me tighter, "at least now we know leilani's not someone we can trust." he tells me.

i can't help but wonder how alejandro feels. she was my friend but that was his girlfriend. he was head over heels for that girl and she never even liked him to begin with.