undici

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐀

mattia

the next day after work, i was on my way to my house to take a shower before heading to walgreens to buy madison some ice cream. after everything that i'll be telling her today, i think she'll thank me later for bringing her the ice cream.

once i finished showering, i got dressed and drove to walgreens. at walgreens, i was looking at the variety of ice cream that was stored in the freezer. what type of ice cream does she even like? i think about it deeply before grabbing a chocolate häagen dazs tub.

i walk towards the cash register to make the line. once i pay, i get in my car and drive towards madison's house. if she tells me to leave, that would probably be the most embarrassing thing to happen to me.

i drive into her drive way and park my car. i knock on the door and i'm immediately greeted by her dad. "mattia!" her dad says and he claps me up.

"hey mason, how have you been?" i ask him as he opens the door wider for me to come in.

"good as always, what brings you here?" he asks politely.

"i was wondering if i could talk to madison." i tell him and he nods.

"she's upstairs." he points up. "is everything okay?"

"yeah, i'd hope so." i laugh and he chuckles.

i make my way upstairs and i knock on her door. "come in." i hear from the other side of the door.

i walk in and see her laying down on her bed with her glasses on as she scrolls through her phone, "oh, i wasn't expecting you here." she said as she got up.

"sorry for coming without telling you. i didn't know whether or not you were going to answer my text message so i just came." i said and she smiled.

"i probably wasn't." she lightly chuckles.

i take out the tub of chocolate ice cream and give it to her. "you might need this after what i'm about to tell you."

she playfully rolls her eyes, "what's wrong?." she asks as worry takes over her face.

"i came here to apologize and to explain." i tell her.

"look, it's fine you don't have to apologize." she tells me.

"i didn't want to tell you the real reason why i hate hector because i didn't want that to hold you back from being with him. i didn't want to be the reason why you weren't with what could've possibly been your boyfriend." i begin explaining. "but after taking it into consideration, i think you deserve to know the real reason because you keep on being fed all these lies that are no where near true." i tell her and she nods.

"sophomore year i met jenna and we were together for a long time. jenna and i went to a house party one night and while i was looking for her at the party, i walked in on her hector having sex." i say lowly and she gets closer to me.

"i broke up with jenna in that moment and i hated hector for the rest of my life because at the time he was someone i considered a friend, you know? i didn't expect him to go so low and fuck my girlfriend." i keep explaining and she nods as she rubs my arm in comfort.

"so then when hector sat with us during lunch, jenna went up to me and that little talk that we had consisted of her blackmailing me to get back with her." i tell her.

"what was she using against you?" madison asks.

"she said if i didn't get with her, she'd tell you the real reason why i broke up with her and why i hate hector." i tell her and she looks down as she plays with her nails.