venti­quattro

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

a holiday my dad has always hated is halloween. why? i have no clue, but i know that he always makes sure to get the night shift rather than his normal morning shift to avoid passing out candy to the kids.

"please don't get drunk." he tells me and i look away and hold back a smile. "okay, try to not get too drunk."

"that's more realistic." i tell him and his eyes widen as i basically just admitted i've drank before.

"behave good please, don't do anything stupid. i won't be back until like two in the morning so please be careful." he tells me.

"i will dad." i tell him. he sighs and gives me a hug before walking out the front door. "i love you!"

"i love you too sweetheart." he says as he gets in the car.

after waiting what felt like forever, mattia finally picked me up and he looked good as hell. he was wearing a black long sleeve dress shirt with black jeans and black converse.

"wow, look at you." he says as grabs my hand and gives me a spin.

"where are your devil horns?" i asked him and he scratched the back of his neck.

"they're in the car." he says. "do i have to wear them?"

"mattia, it's halloween." i tell him. "it's just one day."

"fine." he pouts as we walk to his car.

i can tell he does not want to put on his devil horns, but that defeats the whole purpose of a halloween costume.

he plays his own music which consists of playboi carti and lil uzi. "is everything okay?" i ask him.

"i've just been a little stressed with school and work." he tells me as he rubs his temples.

"how about you enjoy your night today and i'll be designated driver?" i tell him and he looks at me with a small smirk.

"you as designated driver?" he asks and i nod. "do you even know how to drive?"

"yes, i had a car back in florida but i sold it so my dad could have extra cash when we moved over here." i explained to him and he smiled.

"wow, so thoughtful and caring. i wish i could say i'm inspired, but i'm not selling this car anytime soon." he says and i chuckle. "this car is my baby, madison."

"do you trust me?" i ask him and he looks at me and back at the road.

"of course i do, what type of question is that?" he asks as he looks for somewhere to park.

"then you'd trust me with your car." i tell him and he sighs as he parks in an empty space and sets the car on park.

"only if i'm super wasted, which i won't be." he says and i smile, leaning in to give him a small kiss on his cheek.

"thank you." i say and he chuckles.

"you're so annoying." he says and we both get out.

right off the bat, you can hear the loud music and the voices of everyone at this party. this place is packed. you'd expect new jersey parties to be lame compared to the ones in miami, but they are very similar.

as we walk in, there's barely any space to walk through and i struggle keeping my balance considering the amount of people pushing through the crowd. i feel two hands gently grab my waist, guiding me through the crowd.