Chapter 2

Cole, immediately, stopped his game completely then, ever so slowly, stood up and helped Emily up. He kept his hold on her hand.

“Cass… Em and I… are dating.” Cole said, kind of nervously.

“No.” I stated, clenching my jaw. I took deep breaths; in through the nose and out the mouth. Control her, Cass. You can do it.

Emily took an attentive step forward. “Cass, it’s kind of hard to explain.”

I shook my head. “We made a pact, Em. You can’t date my brother. That’s like dating me.”

“I’m really sorry, Cass, but that pact doesn’t count anymore.” Em replied.

I clenched and unclenched my hands in fists. “How could you say that? We always said our pacts would matter. Even when I was away.” I lowered my head down and stared at the wooden floor. I don't want to look them right now. Especially holding hands like they are.

A hand set on my shoulder and her soft voice said, “Well, you’re back and all of our other pacts still matter. Just this one… it can’t. While you were gone, Cole and I, just got close, okay?”

I looked up into her blue eyes and I shook my head. “No, not okay.”

I pushed her hand off my shoulder and stormed past my brother, hitting my shoulder against his on purpose. I locked myself in my room and paced back and forth. I’d reached about my tenth time back and forth and wasn't stopping any time soon.

How could they date? That is so wrong! Cole, my twin brother, is dating my only girl friend. What the heck?! I’m gone for two years and suddenly they've become close? Before I left, they didn’t even want to be in the same room as one another. How can you go from that to lovey-dovey? I shivered thinking about seeing her cuddled up next to Cole and then giving him a peck on the cheek. He had smiled and kept playing his game! Not disgusted by it!

There was a knock at my door and Cole asked through the door, “Cass, please let me in?”

I didn’t reply and kept pacing the room. I wiped my face with my hand, stopping in the middle of the room.

I gotta get out of here.

I looked over at the only window in my room. Quickly, I went over to it and opened it. Shit, what happened to the giant tree? Damn it, my room is on the second floor. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, then I leaped down. I landed on the ground easily. I looked back up and realized, how am I going to get back in? The front door obviously, but I mean my room. I hope mom still has the keys to all the rooms in the house. I darted through the backyard and into the woods.

‘Let me go, Cass.’ She begged.

I shook my head. I don’t have any extra clothes stashed out here.

‘You know you want to.’ She taunted.

I groaned. God! I would love to feel the wind in my fur again. But I can’t. No clothes equals no change. I continued to run, blowing off steam. Maybe I’m just overreacting. What happened to me has made my temper get the best of me at times. And this would be one of those times. But still, Emily and Cole? It's so weird.

I jogged back to the house and through the front door. Suddenly, I was dog piled onto the floor.

“Would you guys get off?” I huffed. All of them chimed in laughter, getting off one by one and standing up. Once I stood up, I wiped off the imaginary dirt. It was now, I noticed the new guy and no Dalton.

“Who’s this?” I asked with a raise of brow and pointed my finger at the guy with short black hair. In my opinion, he’s not that cute, but to other girls he might be.