Chapter 16

Em has dragged me out shopping, saying that it's going to be a day of fun. I suggested we just stay at home because it’d be best for her- she’s like five months pregnant now. That, and I need to pack up my stuff so I can move it to Dalton’s pack house. It's mainly just my clothes and essentials. I’m going to be living with Dalton, in his room obviously, so I don’t need to haul my bed or anything there. Plus, if I want to, I can go and stay at the old pack house. That’s weird for me to say, Dalton has accepted me, so I’m part of his pack- I mean our pack. Now, I’m a Luna. Just crazy, and I do mean this whole me shopping thing is crazy.

“What do you think of this?” Em asked, holding up a vintage, floral, dress.

I nodded, slowly, trying to figure out my words. “It’s pretty… but it’s not you.”

Em frowned a bit, overlooking the dress again, but then she made a small laugh and put it back. “You’re right. I don’t do vintage.”

“Did someone say vintage?” Soph piped in, standing next to me. Where did she come from? Whatever.

I smirked. "Nice of you to join us Soph, didn’t think shopping was your thing.”

“Huh, I could say the same about you,” Soph retorted, smirking back.

I pointed a finger at her and nodded in approval. “Touché Soph. But seriously, shopping is not my thing. Em dragged me here.”

Soph snickered. "A five month pregnant girl dragged you here?”

I rolled my eyes. "I meant figuratively, not physically.”

Soph just laughed, but became serious again. "So, seriously, did someone say vintage?”

I pointed to the rack Em was at with the dress. "Over there. But, it’s a dress.”

Soph gave me a devious look. “That’s okay, just get it to mess with Will. He gets so flustered when I wear skirts and dresses.”

I blurted out a laugh and turned away from her for a second, then I turned back. “Oh my God… That is the best thing ever! I’ve never thought to do that with Dalton. I bet he wouldn’t be able to form words." I pointed a finger at her. “Now, that would be a sight to see.. Mr. Alpha unable to speak.”

“Especially if you wore this one." Em stated, pulling out a black tight onsie dress, raising her eyebrows up and down.

I nodded, out of a respect, she’s got a bad bone. “How much?”

She checked the price tag. "Fifteen.”

I reached out for it and she handed it to me. "This is so worth fifteen dollars.” I headed towards the cashiers and both of them stopped me. "Aren’t you going to try it on?”

I shook my head. "No, it’s just a pull over and I embrace my curves.”

Em batted a hand at me. “Cass, you barely have any curves.”

“Exactly,” I retorted, the turned around to go pay for it. Maybe this shopping day was a good idea after all.

***

“Mmm." Em pointed at a store, while sucking up some more of her smoothie. “Let’s go in there.” The store she happened to be pointing to was Victoria’s Secret.

I, immediately, shook my head in protest. “No way, Em. You can get me to go shopping, but I am not shopping in there.”

She gave me her puppy dog eyes, which seemed bigger through her glasses. “Please, Cass?”

I, internally, groaned, but stood my ground and shook my head. “No, Em. You could probably get Cole to go in there, but not me.”

Soph snickered and Em snapped at her. "What?”