Chapter 35

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow when you rock that stage.” I stated, waving to them as they all piled into their four-door BMW- Luke’s the one driving. Before leaving, they all waved and I waved once more before shutting the front door.

“You slept with that guy?” Dalton exclaimed from the kitchen.

I shook my head. “He’s not a bad guy. And we were both drunk. It’s in the past, okay?” I walked into the kitchen and walked over to our pantry to grab a small bag of chips. I pried it open, making the squeaking popping sound, then I began to munch on the salty goodness.

Dalton made a heavy sigh and I rolled my eyes, adding, “I love you and only you. I’m having freaking twins with you for Godsake! You don’t see me freaking out about the many, many, many gi-“

“I get it and I know. I love you and only you too.. I’m sorry... It’s just a guy wolf thing with their mates. By the way, you completely freaked out about the girls I slept with." Dalton pointed a finger in my direction with an all-knowingly look on his face.

I laughed under my breath, munching more on my chips. “Those were the days. You know I outta start doing some pranks around the house.”

“No." Dalton stated in finality and it made me laugh aloud. Dalton said, worried, “Please don’t laugh while you’re eating chips. I don’t need you choking on me.”

I pretended to choke. “Dalton…. I can’t breathe!... Help! I can’t breathe!”

He stuck his tongue out at me and made a short, hysterical, laugh. "You’re so funny, but I’m serious. Finish eating, then you can laugh all you want.”

“Oh, why thank you, Mr. Alpha. I’ve gone from getting smiling privileges to laughing!” I retorted in a Southern dainty voice.

He groaned, shaking his head, then exited the kitchen, muttering, “What am I going to do with you.”

I know he’s going to his study. He’s probably going to do more Alpha duties. Yeah, I’m Luna, but all I can do is pretty much order the pack around. My authority isn’t as great as Dalton's. Also, I’d rather just order the pack around and not have to deal with talking to the other neighboring packs and such.

Hmm… What to do? I could call the girls up to come over, but I kind of feel like being alone. Oh, I know! Videogames!

I grabbed another bag of chips and a bottle of root beer, then went to our game room. I made Dalton get one. Before, he just had everything in the living room, but I convinced him we needed a separate room for it.

I lowered myself, slowly, into a beanbag chair after setting up the new Halo anniversary game, getting a controller, and my headset on. I used my shirt as support to open the root beer and then I opened the bag of chips, and startrd to munch on them as I got into the game.

***

“Yo, Cole! What’re ya doin?” I exclaimed into my headset as tried to get away from one of the red team members.

Cole and I are the green team--I got bored of playing by myself, and it’s more fun with a team. We’ve taken out the blue team and black team, which is kind of weird, cause usually people who are in the black like to hide in darker areas, waiting for you to go by. So usually they’re the hardest to take down. This particular red player really does not like me! And I have no fucking clue what Cole is doing, or where he is!  

Cole came in from the other end of my headset, "Don’t worry, Cass. I got your back… always.”

I was stuck in one of the warehouse rooms. Well, not really stuck. I thought I could hideout somewhere until I think of something better to do. I quieted my breathing as I waited and I poked my Halo’s head around the corner of the crate. I could see the red Halo walking and looking around for me, obviously. I brought my gun up and set my target on the red Halo player.