Chapter 37

“You better not be shitting me, Cass.” Cole stated, looking at me seriously.

I couldn’t help laughing. I shook my head. “I’m not shitting you. Dalton and I are having a boy and a girl.”  

“Names?” Cole pointed a finger at me; still serious.

“Dalton picked the girl’s name and I picked the boy’s. Veralyn for the girl and Kayton for the boy." I answered. “And Veralyn will have my middle name Jo and Kayton will have Dalton’s middle name Louis.”

Cole raised a brow. “How did you come up with Kayton?”

I shrugged. “It just came to me and I like it, so that’s his name. And Dalton’s always wanted to name his daughter Veralyn. Don’t ask me on that one.”

“I’m so happy for you!” Cole pulled me into a tight hug.

“You’re happy? I went into a freaking crying fit of happy tears when I heard the news." I made a small laugh.

“I would too." Cole replied, laughing.

I smirked. “That’s cause you got the girl genes out of the two of us. The only reason why I cried is because I’m pregnant.”

“Shut up." Cole muttered, then handed me a game controller. “Wanna play Halo?”

“You know it." I scoffed, lightly. “Just let me notify Mr. Alpha.”

Yo, Cole and I are gonna play a game of Halo.' I informed Dalton.

‘So I should expect you home in time for dinner?’ Dalton asked, laughing.

I, literally, rolled my eyes, but replied, ‘Yeah…’ All I could hear was Dalton laughing as I exited his mind.

“You set?” Cole and I asked at the same time and laughed.

As we were setting up our team, I commented, “I think we should go black team this time.”

Cole looked over at me with a look mixed between shock and upset. “Why?”

“I know we’re always green team and we’re beast, but I think we’d be even beastier being black team. Cause then we can hide out in places and blend in more." I smirked, scrolling through the Halos to find the black Halo. “Are you with me or against me?”

Cole smirked as he scrolled through the Halos, stopping at the green Halo, then he flipped once more over to land on the black Halo. “I’m with you… always.”

We high-fived then started up the game. Almost immediately we heard someone groan, “Damn it, it’s the Pendery twins.”

We both laughed. “Damn straight!”

We became engrossed with the game, but that didn’t stop my sad thoughts. Cole and I are the Pendery twins, but we won’t be anymore after Dalton and I get married. I mean, I don’t know when that is, but we are to get married. We’re practically married already, so we’re not really the Pendery twins. It’s one Pendery twin and the other is Rapattoni twin.

Cole noticed my neglect of firing my gun. He said into his headset, “Hey guys, Pendery twins are taking a five.”

Then he paused the game; leaving our Halo’s frozen in place, but they.can’t be harmed. And when we start back up, we have a minute still before we can get hurt.

He looked over at me. “I don’t need to read your mind to know what you’re upset about.”

I sighed, feeling the small tears welling up in my eyes, and I gave him a small smile. He reached over, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, and pulled me to his side. “We’re always going to be the Pendery twins and you, you’re going to have amazing Rapattoni twins.”