Chapter 33

Cass's POV

I wiped my eyes to take away the sleepiness. I sat up slowly, dangling my feet over the edge of the bed. I still didn't make a move to get up off the bed though.

Dalton walked in and gave me a smile. "Hey there, sleepyhead."

"Hey." I croaked, still waking up.

"Are you ready to join the barbeque?" Dalton asked.

"Shit." I muttered. "That already started?"

He nodded. "Yeah, but everyone understands."

I got up from the bed, letting every bone crack in my feet, and I stretched. "Well, I'm ready to see everyone."

"Oh, hey, you're not going to believe this." Dalton mused.

I ran a hand through my hair, then decided to pull it up into a ponytail, so I went into the bathroom to grab a hair tie. I walked back out into our bedroom as I pulled my hair back. It was just now that what Dalton said hit me and I asked, "What?"

"Your old roommate, Nikole, and Gabe are mates." Dalton replied as he took my hand and lead us outside.

"Whoa.." I breathed. "Maybe that's why her pack kicked her out. Maybe that's why she came here. She was meant to come here."

"Yeah." Dalton made a small laugh. "Maybe."

Dalton and I merged out into open backyard land, where everyone was talking, and, yet again, the little kids were running around. Some kids were running by us and one got too close to me. The little boy, roughly, hit my stomach with his arm.

Everything became a daze as I turned to the side, hurling. Even Dalton's yelling became background noise to me. This weird buzzing sound was rung in my ears, but eventually it stopped, and I only had one thought cross my mind. Is the baby okay?!

I felt the tears swelling up in my eyes and I cried out, "Dalton?"

He came running over to me. "Is the baby okay?" Yeah, it kind of hurt he hadn't asked me, but my first thought had been the baby too.

"I-I don't know." I replied, still hunched over with my arms wrapped around my, somewhat big, belly. Two more people came running over- Cole and Em. Where's Peyton? Shouldn't they be watching her?

"I saw what happened, is the baby okay?" Cole asked, a little urgently.

Em appeared in my line of vision and she soothed, "Cass, you need to let me see your stomach."

I only nodded, standing up straight, and wiped away the water under my eyes. I eyed Dalton and Cole. Both of them nodded, knowing what I wanted to ask, and they stood in front of us to block everyone's view. I lifted my shirt up just enough for Em to see and she examined it.

"Nothing seems to be wrong. It's all okay, but at your next ultrasound, I'd let them know, okay?" Em said, softly, while pulling my shirt down and standing up.

I nodded and pulled her into a hug. "Thanks, Em."

"No Problem, anything for a fellow Luna and a lifetime best friend." She replied. We both made small laughs.

"Is everything okay?" Cole asked, not looking back.

I laughed. "Yeah, you can look now."

Both of them turned around and Dalton pulled me into a hug. 'I'm sorry for not stopping them. I saw them coming and I should have pulled you back more. We shouldn't even let the kids be running around in the first place.'

I shook my head. 'It's all-okay. It's not your fault. And you can't restrict kids from running around and playing. It'll only make them more rambunctious.'