Chapter 25

Em and Soph came running up to me, excited. Rebecca followed them with the same excitement.

I eyed them and asked with a raise of brow. "What are you all hyped up about? Were you looking at pictures of 5 Seconds of Summer again?" I teased. 

All of them blushed.

Em whacked me in the arm. "No! We're excited because the school's going to have a formal dance."

I rolled my eyes. "You're all excited about a dance?"

"Yeah!" All of them exclaimed.

I slammed my locker shut. "Have fun with that." I started to head toward my next class.

"You're not going to go?" Soph called after me.

I turned around and scoffed."Pft, you all know it's not my scene."

"Doesn't mean you can't go." Em argued.

I rolled my eyes. "I think... I'm still not going to go. I'm sure Dalton won't want to go either." 

I turned around to finish my way to my next class. I tried to forget their solemn faces looking at me, but I couldn't. They were stuck in my memory. Honestly, I would kind of like to go to the dance. It may not really be my thing, but who knows, it could be fun.

***

I merged back out into the hallway to have someone clasp onto my arm. I looked down at Soph and she still had the same look on her face.

"Would you wipe that look off your face?" I asked, sounding a bit snappy.

Her face went blank and she mumbled, "Sorry." Then she spoke clearly, "Are you positive you're not going to the dance? It won't be much fun if you're not there."

I sighed and shrugged. "Sure, only if Dalton asks me."

Her face brightened up then fell again. "You know he's not going to ask you. C'mon, just come with us. We'll all go in a big group!"

I huffed. "I don't know, Soph..."

"Please, I'll even take you dress shopping!" Soph begged.

"You're not helping your case." I replied. 

"Please?" 

I held up my hand. "I don't wear dresses. I'm not wearing a dress."

Soph rolled her eyes. "It's a formal dance, Cass. That means a dress."

I groaned then pointed a finger at her. "This a one time thing, Soph. Let me talk to Dal-"

She cut me off, "No, let him ask you on his own."

I made a long sigh, "Fine."

A devious look placed on her face. "We're gonna find you such a sexy dress. Dalton's just gonna want to rip it off you."

I faked gagged. "Eck! I don't want anything skimpy, Soph. There is one condition on this, it has to be something I like."

"No shit Sherlock." She snapped, jokingly, with a laugh.

I only rolled my eyes and we continued our direction to Drama class.

School was boring as always, but hey, I don't really have to pay attention that much considering Dalton. I still do though and I do the homework. I'll be graduated in a couple of months and be done. Almost. There's still college to deal with.

"You, guys, can head upstairs. I'm gonna grab a snack." I stated. I dropped my bag off at the front and went into the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl, rinsed out some of the cubed fruit, and put it in the bowl. Then I went upstairs to meet the girly trio. I sat down with them, setting the bowl in the circle.