Chapter 10

Dalton’s POV

I growled in frustration. She is so confusing! I just saved her sorry ass from Mr. Tate. Or I should be saying, Alpha Jared. He’s been trying to take over my pack since my dad died. I warned her not to go over to his place and, of course, she didn’t listen to me, If it wasn’t for Cole telling me she was going over to his place, he’d probably have her drugged and raped by now. Then use her as ransom against me.

But I can see why she’s upset about me marking her. I don’t even know why I did that. I already told myself I’d wait until she’s ready. Nope, that’s out of the equation now. All packs are going to know she’s mine for sure now and really try to get her. My marking her is actually going to make things even more complicated. At the moment, I was more of thinking in terms of school. I just wanted guys to know she’s mine so they’d back off. Damn it!

I ran back to their pack house. I didn’t bother ringing the doorbell and barged in, going upstairs. Her scent is somewhere up here. Cole came out of her room and saw me. His eyes soon became filled with anger. He rammed me up against the wall by my neck.

“You marked her without her permission?” He growled.

I grabbed onto his hand to stop him from choking me. "I came to apologize.”

“Apologizing won’t do anything. You can’t take it back, and you can’t take back anything else. If I were you, I’d just leave.” He gave me one more good ram before letting go and stepping away. “She doesn’t want to talk to you anyways.”

“And she wants to talk to you?” I scoffed. “You’re the reason I was even there in the first place.”

He glared right back at me. “Only because I thought you’d help her out of there. Not go and fucking mark her!”

I pointed a finger at him. "Listen here Cole...”

***

Cass’s POV

I heard Cole and Dalton arguing, but I didn’t go out there. Cole’s right, I don’t want to talk to Dalton right now. I’m not mad at Cole. In the end, what he did was right. I don’t know what would of happened if Dalton wasn’t there. I’m more mad at Dalton for marking me than anything. The cut wasn’t that bad and, yeah, I was a little upset he pushed me away like that. I know he didn’t mean to do it on purpose. It was his wolf pretty much taking over to protect me from Mr. Tate.

I glanced over at my window and made a quick decision. I went over to it, opened it, and jumped down. Then I snuck around the house, back to the front, and quietly walked back in. Cole and Dalton were fighting so much to notice me. I have a feeling making up won’t be happening any time soon. I tiptoed down the narrow hallway to where my mom’s office is. It’s the only room in the house that you can’t hear anything; inside and outside of it. I opened the door and poked my head in.

As I thought, she was typing away on her computer at a hundred miles per hour. She never leaves this office; she’s always just types, types, types. She started to type one handed to pick up her mug and take a sip of her tea, not taking her eyes off the screen. Then she set the mug back down and typed with two hands once again.

“Mom?” I asked, quiet enough I could barely hear myself.

Either she didn’t hear me, or she heard me and is choosing to ignore me. I wouldn’t blame her if she is. It’s not like I made the move to talk to her when I got back. Then again, neither did she.

I put my whole body in the room and shut the door. "Mom, why did you bring me back?”

This question has been on my mind since I got back. Don’t know why I’m bringing it up now.