Chapter 30

I groaned as I heard my phone going off.

What in the world?

It's like four in the morning!

I read the caller ID; it's Cole. Okay, this must be huge! He would never wake me up at this time if it wasn't.

I dragged the accept key across, putting my phone to my ear. "Yeah?"

"Our baby girl is coming!" Cole yelled. I had to pull my phone away from my ear just so my ear wouldn't get blown out.

I put my phone back to my ear and asked, "She is?"

"Yes!... And Em has requested for you to come." Cole answered, the last part a bit solemnly.

Confusion crossed my face. "Why me? You're her mate."

"I don't know. Just get over here!" Cole demanded, then hung up.

Well... that was weird. But holy shit! Em is going to have the baby! Damn, she got lucky. Graduation is next week!

I shot up out of the bed, pulling on any pants close to me, and left Dalton's oversize shirt on.

I, viciously, shook Dalton awake. "C'mon! Em's in labor!"

Dalton groaned, flipping onto his other side. "No, I want to sleep."

"Fine." I huffed. "Have fun sleeping without me."

***

"CASS!" Someone screamed.

Okay... I pushed myself to take the stairs three a time. Cole was pacing back and forth in front of their closed bedroom door.

"What in the hell is going on? Why aren't you in there?" I whisper yelled, pointing at the closed door.

He growled at me then ordered, "Just get in there."

When I went to open the door, it was locked. Seriously, what is going on? I knocked on the door and yelled, "It's Cass!" Someone open the door briefly to pull me in- it was Will.

I gave him a questioning look. "What is going on? Why does Em want me?"

"Cass.." Someone whimpered.

"Cole attacked the doctor and we had to drag him out. He's not allowed back in and now she's been screaming your name for that past twenty minutes." Will replied.

"Cole, you dumbass." I muttered under my breath as I went over to their bed, where Em was taking deep breaths.

Her face relaxed a bit when she saw me and she immediately grabbed my hand. "Thank God you are here! I don't kno-ergg!" She grunted, squeezing my hand, and her face strained.

"Shit, Em!" I exclaimed, wincing. Holy shit, she has a strong grip. I think she might have broken my fingers.

Immediately, she shot daggers at me. "You try pushing a baby out of ya!" Her voice kind of sounded Australian; it made me laugh, but her look turned to 'I'm gonna kill you'. I covered my mouth with my free hand and composed myself once again.

"Just breathe, okay? Deep, slow breathes." I coached. I may or may not have been reading up on pregnancy. Surprise! Yeah.... Just kidding, but I'm considering it, so I just want to be prepared as much as possible.

It was now, I noticed there was no doctor in the room... Where did he or she go?

"Where's the doctor?" I shot at Will.

Will shrugged. "I don't know. He left to go grab something..."

My eyes narrowed and I could feel the anger boiling up. "He left to go grab something and hasn't come back? What kind of shit-" I stopped myself as I saw the doctor come back with the blue surgeon gloves on and a needle in one of his hands.