Chapter 28

I made a deep sigh and reached my arm out for Dalton. He's not there. I shot up in the bed and became infuriated.

He left me.

Alone.

The morning after we finally had sex.

Oh, he is gonna get it.

I pulled on my underwear and bra. I found his leather jacket, pulling my arms through it, and zipped it up enough. Then I stormed outside.

"Dalton Rappattoni!" I roared. I stood on the front porch, glaring in his direction. He was still in his human form, fighting off a wolf that pounced at him. Okay, well clearly he has a good reason as to why he left me. But still, that is so not cool.

Dalton threw the wolf to the side and looked at me, his eyes black. He growled. "Cass, get back inside! Now!"

Part of me wanted to listen to his order, but the other part of wanted to stay and fight. Which one do you think I listened to?

"Accept me!" I demanded.

He shook his head. "Not now!"

What does he mean not right now? He's done it before, so why not again?

Dalton whipped around and grabbed onto the neck of a small grey wolf. I just knew it was a girl- what is she doing with a pack of rogues? Dalton threw her to the ground, hard enough to break her neck immediately, and a short yelp left her before she died. I felt a little bad for her, but she made her bet joining a rogue pack and attacking ours. Wait, I just said ours. I said ours! This is my pack and I will fight this fight, whether Dalton likes it or not.

I yelled once more, "Dalton, accept me!"

I could see him debating it before he nodded his head.

A devious grin placed on my lips, 'Hi.'

It was then, I could see the wolf coming up behind Dalton, and my heartbeat quickened. I threw Dalton's leather jacket off, charging off the steps, and transformed in mid air, taking the wolf to the ground; where did that come from? I've never fought in my wolf form before. She must be taking over and I let her enough so I could fight; not lose my control.

'Is this the pack everyone's been talking about?' I directed at Dalton. The two of us stood back to back in wolf form, going in circles, waiting for the next smart one to try us.

'Yeah, it's why I want you inside. I... I would never forgive myself if you got taken by them.'

I turned so I could face him. 'Nothing is going to happen to me. I'm here. I'm going to fight with our pack.'

I just know he's smiling. 'You said our pack.'

'I know, doofus.' I stated in a 'duh' tone. But I got serious again. 'Have they gotten onto Cole's land yet?'

'Not yet, but they're close. I've sent some to go warn Cole, so him and his pack can join the fight.'

'No, he needs to stay with Em. They all need to.' I demanded.

'Too late.'

I growled internally when I saw Cole and the pack running up to join us in our circle. Okay, now more than ever, I wish I could talk to them. I wish that in wolf form, you could talk to anybody. I tried to communicate for him to go back to the house. I growled deeply and barked at him. Confusion displayed over in his eyes.

'You think you can hold down the fort?' I asked.

Dalton scoffed. 'I take slight offense to that.'