Chapter 21

Rriinnngg!

I jolted awake in my seat in pre-calc. Damn it! I thought I would of have caught up on sleep by now; we had the whole weekend. Though, that first night, we didn’t really sleep; we just lied awake in my bed, non-talking. I looked over to see Dalton sitting next to me and he was shooting me a playful smirk.

He stood up, shaking his head, and reached out for my stuff. “I can’t believe you’re still sleeping. I feel perfectly fine.”

I stood up in a slight sleepy daze. I just slit my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out. “You try going without sleep for three weeks while crying constantly. It’s energy draining.”

Both of us merged into the hallway and Dalton asked, "You cried that whole three weeks?”

Some girls looked in our direction, I should say Dalton’s direction and it was flirtatious looks. I grabbed Dalton’s hand, squeezing it; girls here still don’t understand the concept that Dalton and I are back together. Maybe it’s time I show some of them a lesson. I know Dalton could see the devious look on my face, but he just shook his head with a huff. Yeah, it’s a good thing he did that. There is no way he’s going to convince me to not doing it.

***

A screamed erupted in the middle of the hallway and I couldn’t stop the wide grin from crossing my face. I walked around the corner to see the short, straight, red haired girl standing there in shock with red jam covering her shirt. I stalked up to her and backed her up against the locker next to hers, looking into her full of fear eyes.

“I heard you asked Dalton out last week, Rebecca." I stated, her name coming out like venom. Rebecca is part of Dalton’s pack and I’ve never liked her; she’s kind of a slut. I would never out right say that to her though, that would be mean.

She shook her head quickly, too quickly. She stuttered, “I… I-I didn’t.”

“Oh…Okay, I believe you. I’m sorry I hit you with the jam shot." I shrugged, sarcastically.

I could literally see her shoulders relax and a sigh in relief left her.

I slammed my hand against her locker, shutting it. I stepped away, and yelled out, “I warned all of you to stay away from Dalton, but you didn’t listen. For those I’ve seen, and or heard you, ask Dalton out, it’s payback time.”

***

Slowly, throughout the next two weeks, I’ve been getting the girls back; jam shots, Powder puffs, butts getting glued to chairs, changing out the shampoo in the girls’ locker room to honey (that one earned me multiples). I know it seems like I’m being a bully, and it’s wrong, but I did warn them after all. And some of the girls’ I’m getting back are wolves, so they know about the whole mate thing, which makes me wonder why they’d go after him in the first place; they have their own mates to find.

I walked into the house with everyone piling in behind me; not including Dalton. He has some more Alpha duties and paperwork to do- that must really suck. Though, I never see Cole doing any paperwork. Why do they even have to do paperwork in the first place?

Not sure why, but I found myself asking him, “Hey, Cole, do you ever have to do paperwork?”

Cole shrugged. “Just a little, that’s why you never see me do it. It’s just filing about territory, rogue catching/seeing, pack attacks, perimeter checks, etc.”

I pretended to snore. “That sounds so boring. I hope I don’t have to do that.”

“You’ll have to help Dalton with it.” He smirked.