Chapter 13

School has become better, meaning Dalton, Sophie, and I are getting along. Mr. Tate hasn't come back yet. So, my guess is he’s not coming back. The school has already gotten a permanent substitute teacher for Pre-Calc for second semester (Oh and I passed first semester’s final with flying colors). Which kind of sucks because I really did learn well with how Mr. Tate teaches. But, least to say is, we won’t have to worry about him. Or, I should say, worry about Dalton killing him.

Honestly, one thing that shocks me about Sophie is everything! She is not who she perceives, well strives, to be at school. Sophie is literally like me, except not as tomboy dressing. She is more into the plaid flannels, black skinnies, and even sometimes wears black eyeliner around her brown eyes like Dalton does.

I skipped the Double CC on the bet, but with pleasure I kept the Pendery Pain. Ten Charlie-horses into his thigh. Dalton laughed his ass off, while Cole tried not to cry. I’m just kidding, I didn’t hit him that hard. But I did leave a nice purple bruise, though it only stayed for a day because of our healing.

Even though Soph and I get along great, Em and Soph…not so much. It’s not just them though. I swear, there always has to be problem. Since everyone moved into the pack house (except for David. He went rogue. Said he liked it better that way. It's his loss), tension between everyone has grown. Probably because they’re not used to living together. I’m ready to just move out of the house and into Dalton’s pack house so I don’t have to be around the fighting.  But then I’d be leaving Cole alone with it, and I would be a sucky sister if I did that.

It doesn’t help that the pack of rogues is still out there. I mean, there will always be rogues, but this pack is apparently one of the biggest in numbers, and one of the only ones that are taking pack’s mates. It’s one of the reasons Dalton won’t leave my side, and we're getting to that stage of where we want to be around each other, yet we don’t. Dalton and I still haven’t done it… and we’ve been an official couple for about three months. It's apparently a record according to wolf terms.

OH, huge news! Em is pregnant! She’s such a joy… not. It’s worse than when she is on mother nature, cause she's on it all the time now! We don’t know much about the baby yet, it’s only been about two months; though she already has quite a big bump. I’ve made jokes that she’s going to have twins. That didn’t go over well, and resulted in Cole yelling at me for it. I still laugh though. I think it’d be cool if they had twins. Especially if it was a set of a boy and a girl like Cole and I. The girl could be Cass Jr. and the boy could be Cole Jr. Yeah… Em didn’t find that funny either, but Cole did.

***

“Would you, two, just shut up!” I yelled; my voice deep and strong. Whoa… Where did that come from? Last checked, I’m not a Luna. For this pack anyway.

Both, Will and Dana, stopped arguing over who got the last bit of Nutella and looked at me shocked. Probably just as shocked as I felt.

I kept the glare on my face as I stated, “You, guys, are ridiculous! If you want more Nutella, just put it on the grocery list.. I’m going to the store right now. So forget it, I’ll write it down.”

I grabbed the list and took a pen, writing down ‘Nutella’. Then I stormed out of the house. They’re not the only ones that got on my nerves today. Em! She has been crying like nonstop today! Gahh! I told Dalton if I ever get pregnant, and I start crying, just slap me.

Will and Dana’s voice rang in my head, ‘Cass, we’re sorry.’

I ignored them. They don’t really have anything to apologize for except their foolish fighting over food. Before, it was okay when they were only every other day, but it’s every day now. Man, now I know what my mom feels like when Cole and I fight would over food.