Chapter 7

Cass's POV

"Emily, tell me." I demanded in a slight whiny voice.

She shook her head aggressively. "No. Not happening."

"Why-" I was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. I pointed a finger at her. "This is not over." Reluctantly, I got up from Cole and Emily's bed to go answer the front door.

My annoyed expression and feeling became even worse when I saw him. "What are you doing here?" I realized a moment later, he can't answer me cause' he's in his wolf form. Why is he in his wolf form? How did he ring the doorbell?

I held up a finger and shut the front door. I took the stairs two at a time and went back into Cole's room. I grabbed a pair of Cole's basketball shorts, then went back downstairs. I opened the door and threw them at him.

"Put em' on."

He picked them up with his snout and went over to the right side of the house. He came back with the lower part covered. I, honestly, couldn't help checking out his upper body. I found myself checking out every angle and crease of his muscles. Damn, why does he have to look so good?

Dalton smirked. "Like what you see?"

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you want?"

He sighed. "I need to talk to Cole. It's business."

"You can tell me. I'll pass it on to him." I stated.

"No, it's business that needs to be taken care of now. It's serious, and I'm not kidding. Go get Cole now." He growled out the last few words. The same growl Cole gave me when he said not to prank Dalton. Except this time, I actually listened to Dalton's. Maybe it's because he's my mate and, technically, I am part of his pack. Although, I refuse to believe it.

I yelled, "Cole get your Alpha ass down here!"

"Hold on!" Cole yelled back. God, he's playing GTA again. Mainly cause' he's pissed I have more kills and money than him. I warned him. You can't beat me at GTA.

I huffed. "Now Cole!"

Cole came jogging down the stairs. "What, Cass? I was in the mid-" He stopped when he saw Dalton. His annoyed turned into anger. "What Dalton?"

"I need to talk to you. It's business." Dalton stated. He seems a bit antsy and angry all at once. Wonder what it is.

"Out here." Cole replied, pushing past me and shut the door. How come I can't hear this? I pressed my ear to the door, but couldn't make anything out. Only murmurs.

Cole came in beyond angry- probably the most angry I've ever seen him.

He roared, "Will, David, and Gabriel come here!" They came bustling out of the game room and down the stairs.

"Go on ahead with Dalton. He'll explain what's going on." Cole demanded. They nodded and, I could tell reluctantly, went on with Dalton.

"What is going on?" I asked Cole.

He ignored me and yelled, "Emily and Dana, get down here." He pointed at me. "You, go up to your room and stay in there. Lock the window and door." He was using his Alpha voice that I hate so much. I made a huff of frustration and went up to my room, shut the door and locked it.

I heard a couple more murmurs, but I made out, "Rogues," and "Cass." What the hell is going on? The front door slammed shut. I waited a couple of seconds before opening the door back up and walking out.

"Em, what is going on?" I asked quietly.

She shook her head. "Don't worry. They won't hurt you."