Chapter 36

I pulled on my big, black, comfy sweater and hugged myself, enjoying the warmness. For once, in a couple of months, I actually got hot. Last night while I was sleeping, I just had this massive, deafening heat wave hit me. It got so bad, I got in the shower with the water running as cold as it could go; the air was steaming between the temperature differences. Eventually, the heat left, but it wasn’t like I was cold. Then I woke up this morning, cold as ever!

I tugged on my pair of grey lazy joggers and Ugg boots--I had Dalton get me a pair of black ones too, they’re just soo comfy! I know that the boys are coming over later, but for now, I wasn’t going to try so hard.

My phone started to ring, so I looked at the caller ID to see ‘Em’. I swiped over the answer key. “Hello.”

“Hey! I was wondering if you’d want to go shopping? Get some baby stuff.” Em asked, a little excitedly. She seemed so excited about it, I didn’t want to hurt her feelings. Dalton and I didn’t really need anything yet. Especially since we still don’t know the genders of the twins.

“Em… I’d love to, but Dalton and I just don’t need anything right now considering we don’t know the genders yet. Plus, that’s what the baby shower is for. Which by the way are you ever going to tell me when that it is?” I replied.

There was a slight giggle. "Nope...but that’s okay. What about just shopping in general then?”

I felt myself shrug even though she couldn’t see me. “I don’t know, Em… I feel like staying in today and playing some videogames before the boys stop over.”

“Wait? Cole and the guys are coming over? He didn’t tell me about that…” Em trailed, sounding upset.

I rolled my eyes. “No, Em, I’m talking about the 5 Seconds of Summer boys. They’re coming over to have supper with Dalton and I... There was a reason for that. Apparently another large rogue pack is out and coming after us. So I can’t be in public anyways... You’re more than welcome to come over and hang here for a bit if you want.”

I just know she’s tapping her chin as she said, "Now that I think about it, I remember Cole mentioning that… I’ll be over in ten minutes.” Before I could ask if Soph, Nikole, and Rebecca would be with her, she hung up.

I shrugged, then went to the game room. I set myself up for a solo game of COD: Zombies.

***

‘Your girl friends are here.’ Caden said, slightly amused.

I rolled my eyes, but said sweetly, ‘Please send them to the game room.’

‘Sure thing, Luna Rapattoni.’ He replied.

‘Hey! I’m not Luna Rapattoni!… Not yet anyways.' I fought. I could only hear him snicker and leave my mind. That’s when the four came walking in.

“Here’s our favorite pregnant person,” Nikole stated with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m the only pregnant person you know. And even if I wasn’t, I’d be your favorite pregnant person with twins.”

Soph pointed at me. “True dat.”

“So from a fellow wolf, I heard the 5SOS pack is coming over tonight.” Rebecca tried to slip it in slyly.

I shook my head.“You guys can’t be there.”

They all chorused, “Aww, c’mon!”

“No." I stated, shaking my head again. “This is strictly old friends seeing old friends. I don’t need you girls fanning it up.”