Chapter 8

Dalton's POV

My eyes opened to see her beautiful face and her warm brown eyes looking at me. I couldn't help smiling.

"Hey," I said in a sleepy voice. One that I haven't had for a while.

She gave me a small smile. "Hey... I'm telling you right now, this does not mean I forgive you."

Even though I had it coming, I still felt my heart sink. "I didn't think so... Can we at least work on us? You know, have a relationship?"

She shook her head, breaking our eye contact."Not until you make it-"

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, almost a little too pushy.

"Not me, Cole. Make it up to Cole, and I'll mostly forgive you."

"Mostly?" I asked, a little shocked.

She looked back at me with the smirk I love seeing. "Yeah, mostly. Even making it up doesn't erase what you did. But, it can make it better."

I couldn't stop myself from reaching my hand out to brush back some of her hair. I leaned down to kiss her, and she didn't stop me. God, her lips are so soft. I wonder what a real kiss would be like. I wanted to deepen it so bad, but I know she's not ready and it would just push her away more. Although, when I backed away, it seemed like she inched at me for more. It's a dirty thought, but sex is going to be fun with this girl. Not only cause' she's my mate. I can pleasure her in more ways than she can think of.

I pushed my thoughts away as I smirked. "When did you get so wise?"

"When I found out you were my mate." She stated, still smirking.

Honestly, that kind of hurt. I'm still the same guy she knew before she was sent away. I had a rough patch, that's all, and I've learned. That first day I saw her, I wasn't sure how to play it. I figured Cole had told her to stay away from me, so I played the bag guy. It wasn't my best plan.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not that bad."

"Uh huh... Sure, Mr. high n' mighty Alpha." She retorted.

I pointed a finger at her. "Most girls would jump at the opportunity to sleep with me."

That got her to sit up and away from me. "That's not what Emily said."

I was hoping Emily wouldn't go talking about it. But, part of me knew Cass didn't know the whole story. She was just trying to mess with me.

I raised a brow. "Yeah? What did Emily say?"

I could see she was thinking before she responded, "That you got her overly drunk at a party so you could sleep with her." Her words were bitter. Bitter in a way that made me wonder if that happened to her.

I sat up and rested my hand on the lower of her back. Calmly, I asked, "Hey... did that happen to you?"

Cass turned away from me. "Why do you care? It's not like you waited for me."

That shot through me, and I cursed myself. To be honest, Emily's not the only girl I've slept with; she's the only one I don't remember much about. I'm not kidding about most girls wanting to sleep with me. They throw themselves at me once they know who I am; the wolf girls do anyways. At first, I thought it was great, but again, I was young and stupid. Now, I only want Cass to be the girl I'm sleeping with.

"I'll be honest, I've slept with quite a few girls. But Emily was the only one I don't remember much about and I'm sure she doesn't either."

I heard her mutter, "That's why she won't tell me." Cass looked back at me. "So how many?"