Chapter 32

I'm not sure what time it is, but I am HUNGRY!!! With my half open eyes, I trudged downstairs to the kitchen and started to rummage through the cupboards. But nothing seemed good.

"What're you doing?" A groggy voice asked.

"What does it look like?" I snapped. "I'm looking for something to eat!"

"It's three in the morning." He protested.

I snapped my head to look in his direction and stalked towards him, a bit angrily. "Does it look like I care?"

Dalton's blue eyes looked at me, wide-eyed, and he shook his head. "You want me to make or go get something?"

I'm not sure why, but I slit my eyes, and tilted my head to the side a bit. I gritted, "Yes, a burger."

"Okay." He breathed. Without hesitation, he went to the fridge and grabbed ingredients to make a burger. About twenty minutes later, I was eating a perfectly juicy burger and feeling sane.

"Are you better?" Dalton asked, resting a hand on my lower back, and peered down at me with a tired smile.

I nodded and felt just as sleepy. "Yeah, thank you."

He leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Anything for you. I love you."

"I love you too." I got up and set my plate in the sink. Dalton took my hand and, slowly, led me back upstairs to go back to bed.

***

Oh, God! I shouldn't have had that burger!

I shot up out of the bed and dodged into the bathroom. Least to say, it's not pretty. You know... I can't wait for this whole pregnancy to be over, and it's only been a month (And I'm already fairly big, keeping my fingers crossed it's twins). Early this morning was the only time I got like that towards Dalton; it's like she was coming out. I think Dalton noticed it.

And I know Dalton noticed me puking my brains out. He came into the bathroom and held my hair back while rubbing circles on my back. After I was done, I flushed the toilet and got up slowly. "I should ask Em when she stopped getting morning sickness."

Dalton chuckled, sleepily. "It's different for everyone."

"Em and I have been in sync for almost everything.. but who knows?" I shrugged, walking back into our room. My mind snapped back to this morning and I remember how scared Dalton looked; were her eyes showing through?

I turned around, knowing Dalton was right behind me, and hugged him. "I'm sorry about this morning, and getting all cray cray on you."

"It's okay." He wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Are you sure? You can be honest." I peered up at him.

He shook head, laughing. "Yes, I'm sure." He kissed me on the head, then went over to his dresser to grab a pair of basketball shorts and a cut off shirt.

I set a hand on my hip. "Gonna work out?"

"Yup." He popped the 'P'. "Then I have perimeter check."

I nodded. "Okay, I think I'll go hang with Em, Soph, and Rebecca."

He shot me a worried look. "Please have them come pick you up." It wasn't forceful, but a plead.

"But why?" I asked, a bit exasperated. "I'm only a month pregnant. I can handle myself, and if I remember correctly, when Em was pregnant she carried Soph on her own."

Dalton walked over and poked my nose. "Correction, she was dragging her, and you're not her. You're you, so would you please have them come pick you up?"