Chapter 38

"Hey, Nan." I leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek. “What’re you sewing?” I observed what she was making this time; a green little hat that had ‘Kayt’ stitched on the front in baby blue.

She saw me looking and smiled. “It’s for the twins. Veralyn’s is purple with her name in pink. It's already done. I’m almost finished with Kayton’s.”

“Aw, thanks, Nan. They’ll go perfect with their clothes.” I genuinely smiled. She is the sweetest old woman you’ll ever meet.

I pointed towards Dalton’s desk. “Getting groceries?”

“No, he’s out on a perimeter check.” Nan replied with a smile still on her face as she continued to sew in her chair.

I made an ‘O’ with my mouth then I laughed. “He needs to take a brea-“ I felt some kind of liquid run down my leg, soaking my jeans. Oh shit. Talk about something breaking.

Nan took notice to it immediately and ordered, “You need to lie down, honey, while I call the doctor.”

“Uhm… I would but I can’t move…” I replied, nervous.

‘Dalton… my water broke.’ I stated.

He replied, immediately. ‘I’m on my way back right now. Have Nan call the doctor.’

‘She already did.. Please, stay and keep talking to me. I’m kind of scared, Dalton.’ I begged slightly.

‘Of course, I’m here with you one hundred percent.’ Dalton stated in his promising tone.

A small smile placed on my lips. ‘Say something happy.’

“Dear, let me help you upstairs." Nan stated, keeping up.

I shook my head quickly. “No, I’ll have Caden help me.”

‘Caden, I need your help, pronto. I’m in the study.' I ordered, slightly in my Luna voice. I felt the first contraction happen and I winced, taking deep breaths. Shit.

‘I’m excited to finally hold our son and daughter.’ Dalton stated.

‘Me too.' I smiled.

‘I’m almo-‘ Dalton growled deeply and lowly. A wave of panic washed over me once again. We still haven’t caught that other pack yet; what if it’s them? Oh my God!

‘What Dalton?’ I demanded out of fear. But he didn’t respond. I can still feel him in my head; at least that’s a good sign. Altough it’s all anger. What is going on?

Caden came into the room and saw the situation. He was immediately by my side with an arm wrapped around my back, and he held my other hand, helping me out of the room.

I went into a hysteria. "Caden, Dalton won’t respond to me. All I can read is anger. We still haven’t caught that other pack. What if it’s them, Caden?” I felt my throat tighten up.

He 'ssh'ed me and caressed, “Everything’s gonna be alright. I’ll go check near by.”

Suddenly, there was an roar of an order, going to everyone’s heads, ‘EVERYONE GET OUT HERE! THE ROGUE PACK IS HERE!’ I was right. I really hate it when I’m right sometimes.

A moment later, there was another order. Hayden twins and Caden, stay with Cass.'

Daltone caressed to me. ‘I’m on my way. I promise, I will get to you.’

Even though I was freaking out, which we all know is so unlike me, I needed to calm Dalton down. ‘Dalton, don’t let your anger control you. You remember what happened the last time, and I really don’t need you to be passed out while I'm fucking giving birth!’ Okay, that part came out frantic.