Chapter 17

Cass’s POV

Why does my body ache so much? I cracked my eyes open to see I was surrounded by a warehouse environment. Shaggy stood in front of me; his back facing me.

I croaked. “Hey Shaggy, where are we at?”

He turned around to look at me with a raised brow. "What did you just call me?” Crap. I didn’t mean to actually call him that.

I played along, putting a small smirk on my lips."You won’t tell me your name, so I’ve given you a nickname.. So, Shaggy, where are we at?”

He shook his head. It looks like he’s trying not to laugh, but I saw the smile break out on his face. “Not telling you… My name's Caden.”

“Your choice, I guess.. I’m Cass. It's not really nice to meet you.”

Suddenly, Dalton’s voice was shouting in my head. ‘Cass! Are you okay? Did he hurt you?’

Masking my face so Caden wouldn’t notice, I asked, ‘Did who hurt me?’

‘Alpha Derek, did he hurt you?’ Dalton asked, urgently.

That’s when I could hear a door open, and another guy stalked in with an evil grin playing on his lips. He was definitely taller, but muscle wise, I would still say Dalton is bigger. He stalked towards me and he crouched down closer to me. He reached a hand out and set a finger under my chin, pulling my face close to his.

‘No-“

“So, the Cass Pendery, is awake?” Alpha Derek asked, cutting my thought off.

I turned my head away from him in disgust and sneered. “So is, the Alpha Derek, as big of an ass as I hear?”

He chuckled. "Oh, you’re a feisty one. I bet you keep Dalton’s hands full.”

I don't like his tone. As much as I could muster, I spit on his face and placed a smirk on my face. “You have no idea.”

Alpha Derek gritted his teeth and brought his hand back, and brought it hard across my face.

I held my cheek in shock. ‘He just did, Dalton.'

I heard Dalton growl and it was, honestly, scary. Dalton stated, ‘We’re almost there. Just tell him to keep his paws off you, or else.’

I placed another smirk on my face and with daggers, I stated, “You shouldn’t have done that, Alpha Derek.”

Derek scoffed, standing up. “I’m not afraid of your precious mate. Once he’s here, and we kill him, you’re next.” Now, he walked away without another word.

I rubbed my cheek. “Jeeze, Caden, you’re Alpha is the definition of an ass.”

Caden scoffed. “Pff, you have no idea.”

“Why do you even listen to him?” I asked, standing up. I can’t sit still any longer.

He shrugged. “He’s my Alpha. I have to.”

“You don’t have to.” I said. "Go rogue and then…” I stopped myself from finishing. My actual nice part that likes to help people when possible was about to overstep boundaries. There’s no way Dalton would let him join.

“Then what?” He asked.

“I was going to say join my pack, but you kind of kidnapped me so…”

He nodded, slowly. “No, I totally understand. I wasn't even part of his pack originally. I was a rogue and one day, I crossed onto Alpha Derek’s land by accident. He practically forced me to join. It was either that, or be killed. I’m starting to think I should have just let them kill me.”