Chapter 5

I walked out in the night to the same bush I've always stashed my clothes. I looked around, just in case, before I stripped and transformed. Then I began to run at a slow pace. I picked up my pace after a few minutes, letting the wind blow through my light brown fur. I came to a halt when I heard a nose come from the distance. It wasn't much, but it was enough. The sound of a twig snapping.

Suddenly, a shadow came out of the dark and tackled me to the ground. The impact of the ground was harsh. I whimpered at the pain. From my vision, I could see a red furred wolf- is this a normal wolf?

His teeth snarled and gnashed at me. Oh my god! I am going to die! I felt his hot sticky breath on my fur. God, it's gross! The wolf gripped my neck with his teeth and my heart rate went up even more. Okay, I am seriously going to die! What was the last thing I said to Cole? Emily? The group?

I tried all I could to get him off. I kicked my hind legs, digging my claws into his stomach as much as I could. I wanted to cry out, but I couldn't.

There was another flash of fur and the red wolf was off of me. I got on all fours, watching the two wolves wrestling. The other one is jet black colored. Why is that one helping me? The jet-black one barked at me and, for some reason, I felt like it was telling me to run. It doesn't have to tell me twice. I fled, leaving the two wolves behind, and ran as fast as I could back.

I went over to the bush, but my clothes weren't there. Shit.

"Looking for these, Cass?" A guy's voice asked. I looked over to see Dalton holding all of my clothes, and I mean all of them, undergarments included. Why does he have my clothes? How did he know where they were at? Wait a minute... he said Cass. He knows it's me. How does he know? Unless...Is he like me?

I transformed back and covered up, mainly the goods. Dalton's smirk face faltered and I could see his eyes look over my body. I wanted to blush, but I couldn't help putting a smirk on my face and asking, "Like what you see?"

His face turned into a scowl. He threw my clothes at me and growled. "Cover up!"

I ducked behind a tree and put all of my clothes on. It's not like anyone could see me anyways. I came back from behind the tree and asked, "How much do you know?"

Dalton raised his eyebrows. "You're a wolf... And so am I."

"Was that you back there?" I pointed in the direction I came from and almost died.

"Yeah." Then he snapped, "You're welcome by the way. You need to be more careful. Don't you know this is freelance land?"

I shook my head. "No, it's just the woods behind my house... I run here all the time when I can't sleep, which is all the time. Wait... there's specific land? Like territory?"

Dalton's scowling face became somewhat softer. "How much do you know?"

I raised a brow then shrugged. "Clearly nothing. Until now I thought I was the only one."

Dalton laughed. "Wow, don't you know pretty much half of the population at Brenton is wolves?"

"So, wait... is Cole a wolf? Is Emily one too? What about the group?"

Dalton just gave me a look of disbelief and nodded. Honestly, I'm getting mad right now. How could they not tell me? Granted, I didn't tell them because I thought I was a freak.

I cannot believe this! So, is the group like a pack or something? Is this whole wolf thing the real reason why Em has been staying at our house? But why would she if she's a wolf? I am so chewing them out when I get home.

I sighed. "Well, thanks, I would have been dead meat back there-" Dalton's snickering caught me off. I glared at him and snapped, "What?"

"Is that what you think he was going to do? Kill you?" Dalton asked.