Chapter 29

“So, have you heard anything, Mr. Alpha?” I asked as I plopped down in the seat across from him in his study. It’s oddly similar to my mom’s… though my dad was an Alpha himself, so maybe all Alpha’s have the same one? I don’t know, and I don’t care enough to figure it out.

“Well, Ms. Luna, the first neighboring pack South of us said they had some straggling rogues go through their land, and they took care of them.” Dalton replied with a smile. We’ve been waiting months for this information. You know how hard it is to relax while waiting?

To keep my mind occupied, I’ve been moving some of my stuff into our pack house. Yep, it’s official, I’m living with Dalton! Everyone in our pack has been so nice about it. Not our whole pack lives in this house, though, they don’t all fit. They all live on their own, in their own houses throughout the town. Except for some of the teenager wolves, like us, live with us.

I felt the smile come across my own face. “So, the rogue pack is gone? All of them?”

He nodded. “Yup.”

I jumped over the desk and landed on Dalton’s lap. "I think this calls for celebratory sex.”

He smirked. “You would’ve wanted to have sex anyways. I know, it’s hard to resist me.”

I rolled my eyes, climbing off his lap. “On second thought… never mind.”

He pointed a finger at me. “That is so not funny, Cass.”

I made a cynical laugh as I left the room. “I think it is.” I could hear his feet coming up behind me, so I picked my speed up as I ran outside into the woods.

He called out. “You think you’re so funny. But we’re having that celebratory sex.”

I looked over my shoulder, laughing. "You’ll have to catch me first.”

A devious grin placed on his face. “Challenge accepted.”

I felt myself going to the ground as I tripped over a rock. Stupid rock. Dalton hovered over me, holding my arms above my head. “Caught ya.”

“I tripped over a rock, you didn’t catch me.” I gruffed.

He leaned down and started to trail kisses down my neck, starting on my jawline. He was a kiss away from his mark, then he whispered in my ear, “I know you want it too.”

I snickered. “In your dreams.”

He looked into my eyes, amused. “Actually, it is.” He kissed me. Eventually, he let go of my wrists and I raked my fingers through his hair. I could feel Dalton was ready and his hands moved towards my pants.

‘I am not having sex outside in the woods.’ I stated.

Dalton stopped and shot me a look like I was delirious. ‘Yet you’ll do it on top of the desk in my study?’

I rolled my eyes, but that didn’t stop me from blushing. ‘Well, yeah, because we’re not out in public.’

He was giving me puppy dog eyes. ‘C’mon, please? We’re only young once.’

‘No.’ I stated in finality.

He gave me a pouty lip, narrowing his eyes. A sly look crossed his face and he went back to kissing my neck, going straight for the mark. I bit my lip to stop the moan from escaping, but it was useless. Dalton massaged the sides of my stomach, causing me double the struggle not to crumble. Oh God, I can’t take this!

I breathed, ‘Fuck you’ and reached my hands his belt.

***

I peered up at Dalton and smirked. “That might have been the best sex yet.”

Dalton chuckled. “It was for me.”

I shook my head then snuggled more into his chest. I heard Dalton sigh and it was long dragged out sigh. He’s thinking, and it’s something he wants to say, but doesn’t want to start an argument.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It’s just…” He huffed. “Don’t you want to have kids?”

I sat up now to look at him. “We’ve talked about this before, Mr. Alpha, I want to have kids… I just think we need to wait.”

“Why wait?” Dalton shot.

I gave him a look. “Because we’re still in high school. I’d like to graduate without a bump. Then I still have to figure out my future. I have no idea where I'm going."

“Graduation is just around the corner. You wouldn’t have that big of a bump, and just take a year off so you have more time to figure that out. I’ll help you.. And money wise, you don’t have to worry.” Dalton sat up and reached his hand out to brush my bangs back, then he rested it on my cheek.

I set my hand on his, kissing his hand. "Why is it you always know what to say?”

He shrugged. “Having to become an Alpha of a large pack made me kind of grow up sooner than planned.”

I snickered. “It’s a good thing we just did what we did. You need to get back some of your teenage years.”

He leaned over to kiss me. ‘Yeah, I know, now why don’t we do it all over again?’

‘But I’m tired,’ I whined. He slowly laid me down, continuing to kiss me. 'Don’t worry, you won’t need to work.’

For some odd reason, I couldn’t stop thinking about what he said. I do want to have kids. And he’s right, I could just take a year off to figure things out. Also, that way, I could get through the pregnancy. Then I could be there for the first months of our baby’s life. Great… he’s planted that seed in my head.