Chapter 27

I took a deep breath as Dalton and I walked hand in hand into the dark lit gym. The music has already gone rave. Kids were grinding everywhere and I have a feeling some are hidden in the corners or under the bleachers making out. I saw at the snack table area a group of guys just laughing like crazy. Well, it’s safe to say someone already spiked the punch.

This is literally the typical high school dance.

The song switched over to a slow song and couples started pairing up. Okay, I think it’s time for a little loosening up.

I pointed in the direction of the punch. “I’m gonna go get a drink.”

Dalton held his grip on my hand. “No, you aren’t. I want you sober.”

I raised a brow. “Why?”

“Because,” He smirked, “when we make fools of ourselves, we should remember.”

He backed up towards the center of the gym, pulling me with him. I let him though; I can’t take a fight in these heels. I’m already regretting on wearing them.

Dalton pulled me close to him and our chests were practically touching. He stepped back, giving me a twirl around, then pulled me back to him, and we slowly turned around in circles to ‘Marry Me’. I’m not sure who it’s by, but I like it. Dalton and I looked each other in the eyes.

I felt compelled to say, “I love you.” But I meant every single word.

A wide smile placed on Dalton lips. “I love you too.”

The song ended and the DJ switched back to an upbeat song- I think ‘Everytime We Touch’. When it got to the chorus Dalton started to serenade me and I couldn’t stop laughing. He made hilarious surprised and goofy faces, along with ridiculous hand gestures and dance moves.

“You’re right, this is better to watch while I’m sober." I teased him.

Dalton sang, “Every time we kiss." But instead of singing ‘kiss’ he actually kissed me. Then he picked me up by my waist, holding me up above him. “I swear I could fly.”

I stuck my arms out as if I had wings and Dalton flew me in circles. I couldn’t stop laughing, even after he set me back down. I, honestly, don’t care if we’re getting looks from the kids; they all know not to say anything. Dalton and I continued to dance stupidly to the next couple songs.

Finally, we took a break to go over to the snack table. At least there are bottles of water. My girl friends came squealing up to us, dragging their dates behind them.

“You guys are so adorable!” Em yelled over the music.

Dalton pointed a finger at her and gave her a warning look. "We’re not adorable, we’re stupid.”

I shot him a ‘WTF?’ look before looking back at the girls with a smile. "Thanks, so are you!”

I observed everyone’s looks, except Em and Cole; I already know what they look like. Dylan had a matching sky blue vest over a white dress shirt with a black tie and black dress pants. It went really well with Rebecca's sky blue mermaid dress, which she bought only hours ago, and wore black heels with to match.

If you didn't piece it together, Dylan is Rebecca’s mate. They met two weeks ago when he showed up as the new kid. Thank God! I'm tired of being the "new" kid.

Soph had a Barbie pink colored dress that has sequins covering her bust and it immediately flared out with a frilly skirt after the sequins. She had Will dressed up in light kahki’s and a white dress shirt with a matching pink tie.

Wow, these guys are definitely whipped.

The words slipped out before I could stop them, “You all look so great!” I immediately regretted it as all of them started gush and squeal. Dalton just shot me a smirk. I rolled my eyes and lightly punched him in the arm. Suddenly, I got an idea.

“Hey! Dalton and I are gonna go back out to the dance floor. You’re welcome to join if you want.” I stated and tossed the empty plastic bottle in the trashcan-- Perfectly executed! I grabbed Dalton’s wrist and tugged him out. Em and Cole stayed on the sidelines, watching, as the rest of the group and I danced.

For some reason, I started to search for Gabe and Erik. I thought I would have seen them by now. But soon forgot as I realized that dances aren’t their thing either, and I was laughing my head off at the guys. All of them were trying to dougie, but failing miserably. I composed myself as I strutted up to them and pushed them aside. "This is how it’s done.” I did my dougie that I learned from Ashton. We spent a lot of time dancing at the parties whilst not getting shit faced.

“I don’t know how, but you’re cheating.” Dylan accused, jokingly.

I gave him an amused smirk. “I have some friends in the professional dancing business. That was totally legit!”

“Are you talking about 5SOS?” Rebecca questioned with a sly smirk.

I shook my head, smirking. “Yes, Ashton taught me.” I’m glad Dalton wasn’t paying attention to that. He was laughing it up with Will about something. A smile crossed my face as I watched them; I’m just glad they’re all getting along now.

I smacked Dalton’s arm. “Whatcha guys laughing about?”

“Nothing.” Dalton mused.

“Okay…” I replied, uneasily, but with a smirk. It’s just a hunch, but my guess is they’re talking about me. Once again, the DJ played another slow song. I felt my heart speed up. It’s the same song I sang to Dalton all that while ago on top of the roof. I saw Dalton’s face frown a bit and his body tensed. I reached out for his hand and started to tug him out of the gym, but he stopped me and I looked back at him.

A small smile played on his lips and he shook his head. "No, let’s dance to it.”

I nodded my head, slowly, and let him pull me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder, and closed my eyes. I let myself go into a slight trance as we slowly moved to the song; maybe it’s a good thing we’re dancing to it.

I lifted my head, reopening my eyes, to have Dalton look into my eyes intently. I felt the burning sensation up in my neck and I asked, “What?”

“I know you don’t like to hear this, but you do really look beautiful tonight. And I’m sorry I’m such an idiot.”

I smirked. “Yeah, but then you wouldn’t be the idiot I fell in love with... And I’m sorry for overreacting.”

“You didn’t overreact.” Dalton shook his head. "You reacted perfectly fine. It’s high school.”

That made me laugh. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

A big goofy smile placed on his face. “Me too.” He leaned down to give me a kiss then tried to pull back, but I held onto the back of his neck to keep him there.

I whispered into his ear, “I think I’m ready.”

A wicked grin played on his lips and he took my hand to lead us out of the gym, and back to his pack house.

I couldn’t help the small laughs escape as we kissed. He had me up against the wall. Dalton trailed kisses down my neck and he stopped at his mark, kissing it more than once. Okay, is he trying to hurry up this process?

My question was answered as Dalton relieved his hold of me up against the wall, then he moved to unzip the back of the dress. I let it fall to the floor. Dalton’s eyes observed my body and I felt a little self-conscious-- weird.

It was removed as I forced a smirk on my face. “Like what you see?”

Dalton growled playfully, pulling me in for another kiss. I made my slightly shaky hands unbutton his shirt and pull off his black undershirt. Now, it was my turn to observe his still strong muscle body. Seriously, how does he do it? He eats about as much as Will does! Which is a lot, trust me.

Dalton smirked. “Like what you see?”

I rolled my eyes, laughing, then crashed my lips against his and made us fall backward onto his bed.