Chapter 6

There was a knock at my door. “Hey, you awake?” Cole poked his head in.

I just looked over at him. He’s really asking that? I’ve been awake since he went to sleep- the first time.

“Sorry.” He mumbled, breaking our eye contact.

I shook my head. “It's not like you have control.”

He came more into my room and walked over to my bed to sit down. He set his hand on my knee. “I know. I can’t help but feel this is partly my fault. If I would just have joined his pack-“

“No. Cole.” I stated through clenched teeth.

Cole sighed. “I’m just wondering if the outcome would be different.. You’d be okay, Cass.”

I grabbed his hand that was on my knee. “I am okay, Cole. But Dalton… Oh, he is not ready for what’s coming."

“What’re you going to do?” Cole shot me a warning look.

I ignored it as I stated, “Just gonna give him what he deserves for what he did to you.”

“This is your own mate.” Cole stated.

I rolled my eyes. "He’s not my mate. No mate of mine would do that to my brother.”

He argued, “We all make mistakes.”

I scoffed. “Are you defending him?”

Cole shook his head. "Definitely not. I haven’t forgiven him completely yet. But he’s already been through a lot.”

“Not enough though.” I stated.

“Please, don’t. At least don’t let it consume your thoughts completely. I thought you’d like to talk to the pack today for a bit.”

I shrugged. “I mean, you kind of answered all the questions I had last night. Except, I do have one more for you. Who’s the Beta?”

“That’s me.” Will stated, joining us in my room.

I pointed a finger at him. "Nice job. Although, I thought I would be. You know, technically, I should be the head of this pack.”

Cole scoffed. "As if!”

“I am the oldest.” I smugged.

“By one minute! And you’ll never let that go!”

I shook my head with the smug look still. “Nope. So why do I not have my own pack?”

“Cause’ you’re a girl. Females follow what their mate does. So, technically, you should be next in head with Dalton for his pack.” Cole replied.

“But, I don’t want to be in charge of his pack.” I whined, crossing my arms.

Will’s face showed slight anger. “Why are you talking about Dalton? Why would Cass be part of his pack?”

I gave him a sheepish look. “Uhh… Dalton’s my mate.”

“What?!” Will roared. The redness flushed into his cheeks and neck.

I put my hands up in defense. “Hey, I’m right there with ya, Will. I’m planning on pranking him hardcore for what he did to Cole and Emily.”

Cole groaned. “I thought we were done discussing that.”

I smirked. “We are. The plan is to prank Dalton.”

“What kind of pranks? Cause’ I’m in.” Will asked, rubbing his hands together.

“No one is pranking anyone!” Cole roared. His tone was ordering; the same one I felt compelled to listen to before, even though I did disobey it. Who says I'll listen to it this time?