Chapter 15

I groaned as my alarm went off. Great… school. I got up from my bed and remembered what Em said. Fuck it. I’m walking. It doesn’t hurt that much.

I headed into my bathroom to take a shower and get ready while Dalton gets his extra fifteen minutes. It’s the routine-- I wake up first, take my shower/get ready, and then I wake him up when I’m done. Cause I only take fifteen minutes in the bathroom for everything. Dalton has stashed some of his clothes in my closet; mainly pants. He still has yet to see if he would fit into any of mine; I’m sure he could.

I hummed ‘Where do broken hearts go’ by One Direction as I rinsed my hair. I haven’t told anyone, even Em or Cole, but my secret pleasure is One Direction. I’m not a crazy fan girl though; I just like their songs.

As I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, I was full out singing, “Tell me now, tell me now. Love me again, love me again!” I held out the again and faded it out like Harry does. I continued to sing, “Come on, baby come get me out, get me out. Come on, baby come get me out, get me out. Come on, baby, cause I need you now! Where do broken hearts go?! Where do broken hearts go?!” I did a little drum movement for the ending.

There was some snickering, and I already knew who it belonged to. “What, Mr. Alpha?”

“You’re not bad.. Just didn’t think you’d sing One Direction.” Dalton stated, coming into the bathroom as I was just putting on my loose black tee. Which I was going to put a red and black plaid flannel over, and wear black skinnies with. Plus, my classic worn black converse.

I stuck my tongue at him. “Looks like you found out my secret pleasure.” I pointed a finger at him. "If anyone is talking about it, I know who to go after.”

He only chuckled, then rummaged through one of the drawers for his bag of essentials. I walked out of the bathroom and over to the closet to grab my red and black plaid flannel.

“Hey, Mr. Alpha, watcha wearin today? I’ll grab it for you.” I slipped on my red and black flannel, leaving it unbuttone, then pulled on my black converse.

Dalton replied, while brushing his teeth.“My loose green tee, black jeans, and my top hat with the zebra strip around it.” I found everything then walked over to the bathroom to hand it off to him.

“Thanks.” He leaned down, with toothpaste still on his lips, and kissed me.

I scrunched up my nose then punched his arm. “I already brushed my teeth.”

Dalton smirked, and stated between gargles. “Now… they’ll be… extra clean.” Then he spit. I didn’t say anything more, only rolled my eyes.

I waited a bit before saying, “I’m gonna go get some breakfast.”

“Wait a minute… you’re walking! You’re not supposed to be walking." Dalton stated, coming out of the bathroom, now ready. Eyeliner and all.

I shrugged. “It doesn’t hurt that bad anymore. I swear, I’m fine, Mr. Alpha.”

“It’s okay to be a damsel in distress, you know?” Dalton asked, a bit jokingly.

I shot daggers at him. “Sorry, I’m not as prissy as you would like me to be, but I’m walking.”

Dalton huffed. “Okay, but if at all during the day it starts to, you have to tell me, okay? Then I’ll help you home.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I muttered.

The two of us went downstairs to have some breakfast. We ended up making some scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. And when I say we, I mean Dalton. I made the toast though and even then, Dalton was on the fence about having me do it.