Chapter 12

"Who is she?” I, practically, growled. I mean, I know I can be a hard person to get along with a times. But the fact she’s never met me, and already hates me? Ridiculous!

“Sophie Manson, she says she’s in your drama class.” Will replied, still a bit nervous about it.

Okay, Sophie Manson is no picnic to get along with either. And the one day, ONE day, she talked to me, I had been in a complete pissy mood. Plus, the question she had asked me was stupid- 'Is Will available?' Seriously? I mean, Will is an awesome guy. He's sweet, caring, funny, and smart. But he is shy, so he can’t talk to girls to save his own life. The only reason he can ever talk to me is because I forced him to, and so did Cole.

I squeezed my pencil so hard I broke it in half. I gritted, “Sophie Manson? Sophie Manson is your mate?”

Will ran his fingers through his short hair. "So... you know her?”

I don’t even have to answer that one for him to know.

I took a couple deep breaths before talking once again. “Yeah… I know her, and uhh… the feeling is mutual. But, I can work on it. Just for you.”

“Why should it matter if you, two, get along? You won’t be part of the pack for long.” Will snapped. He really snapped at me.

“It matters because you’re one of my best friends and it’s a must that I get along with all of my best friends mates.” I replied.

“You sure?” Will asked.

I nodded. “Yes.” I gave him a big fake smile. Oh, this is going to be a pain in my ass.

***

I tapped on Sophie’s shoulder, who was talking with one of her friends, Delanie.

She turned around, giving me a raised brow. “Yeah?”

I made a mental ‘blech’ at what she was wearing-- a tight pink miniskirt, revealing white blouse, and nude heels; classic prep.

I gave her one of my classic, friendly, innocent smiles, “Hi, Sophie.”

“What do you want, Cass?” Sophie asked, her tone already annoyed. Jeeze, I could be a lot worse  but I’m not. This is for Will, Cass, keep telling yourself that.

“I was wondering if you’d like to come over some time? You know, to like, hang out?" I played my tone girlier. It killed me to use ‘like’ like that.

Sophie snickered. “Cut the act, Cass. I liked you better the other way.”

I huffed. “Fine.. But will you please hang out some time?"

“And why should I?…” She trailed.

I rolled my eyes. “C’mon, please? I’m doing this for Will.” My eyes went wide, but I, quickly, regained my facial feature back to blank.

Her eyebrow raised once again, “For Will? Why?” So, she doesn’t know… WILL!!! You freaking dumbass!! She noticed I hesitated to answer, and she pushed, “Cass… Why are you doing this for Will?”

I shook my head, and started to back up. “Uhh… You should ask Will that… tonight, at my house, at six, okay? Okay, sounds good. Talk to you later."

I dodged out of the drama room before I could see her full look. Oh… that was almost bad. I am not blowing it for Will. How could he not tell her yet? Is she even like us? Questions will be answered tonight.

***

I was pretty much dragging Will over to Cole and I’s car. “C’mon!”

“What are you doing? I can’t come over… not right now, anyways.” Will seemed annoyed. Awesome.