Chapter 26

I storm inside the house, slamming the door behind me. Frantically, I searched throughout the house for Cole through my blurry vision.

Finally, I cried out. "Cole!"

He came out of his room with only dark skinnies on. "What? Dress shopping go okay?" His tone was joking and his lips played a smirk. But then he saw my state and his face turned to worry. "What?"

I sniffled, going to over to him, and I crashed my face into his shoulder and I hiccupped. "Why... didn't... he...  he ask me?"

Cole embraced me in a tight, caring, hug. "Wait.. Dalton didn't ask you?" 

I shook my head, still crying into his shoulder. I felt Cole growl within his chest.

"I'll be back." He stated, letting go of me.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He looked over at me; his eyes a bit black. He stated, coldly. "To talk to your mate."

***

Dalton's POV

There's pounding on the front door. Why is there pounding? I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and, reluctantly, trudged down the stairs to answer it. Standing in front of me is a very angry, black eyed, nose flared Cole. Oh shit.

"Whad up, Cole?" I practically gulped. Never mess with a dude when his eyes go black; especially an Alpha.

"You didn't ask her." He growled, lowly. Shit, I knew I forgot something. But, I don't do dances. I didn't think Cass did either.

I, awkwardly, rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah...Sorry?"

He growled even more. "You should be saying sorry to her."

I stated. "I don't do dances."

He harshly poked his finger in my chest, "You don't do dances, eh? Well neither does Cass but that doesn't mean she didn't want to be ask. You know she went dress shopping today? Even though you didn't ask her. Then I get a surprise when she comes home. No dress and tears because of you."

"She was crying..." I whispered and my heart hurt. I caused her pain... again. What kind of mate am I? Is she still crying?

Cole growled again, "I warned you to not hurt Cass. You should've just asked her. But now? Don't even talk to her. I don't want you near her and you want to know what else? She's staying in my pack because she should be with people who care about her and will take care of her. We'll figure something out." Then he stormed off my porch and disappeared into the woods.

God damn it! I screw everything up! No. No, this is not happening again. I am not going to almost lose her again. The first time, I was just trying to get payback for something stupid. The second time, I was an idiot, once again. I thought it would be best for her when in reality, it was a shitty idea. It wasn't her fault that they took her. It's partly because of my position and mainly that dickhead of an Alpha.

I took the stairs to at a time and went into my room. I grabbed a pair of black skinnies, a black t-shirt to wear under my black dress shirt, a red tie, and then my black converse.

I hopped into the shower quick then put on my outfit. I fluffed out my hair and put gel in it. Then lastly did my eyeliner; I feel so naked without it and as Cass said she thinks I look better with it on. I'm gonna need all the points I can get to make this up to her.

I picked up my keys and wallet then jogged out to my car. I sped into to town and went to the nearest dress store I could find.

----------------------------------------------------------------------