Baby+ Mommy's first Ultrasound

We went to bed early last night, around 9:15, so we could get plenty of sleep before our early appointment with the Doctors.  The appointment is at 6:15.  And for me, since I am pregnant, I take a bit longer to get ready than I did when I wasn't pregnant.  Especially with the fact my belly keeps growing!  So it is currently 4:00 in the morning.  I regret going to bed that late last night.  Wow... never thought I'd call 9:15, a late bedtime.  Especially because I just said I went to bed early.  But I regret it because I didn't sleep well last night.  I was way too excited all night about getting the first look at the baby today!  Conan wakes up, and I am exhausted, but he asks how I'm doing.  With bright, wide eyes,  I say, EXCITED!  I am also extremely exhausted due to the fact I had been excited all night about it, therefore causing me to not get much sleep.  "Awww, I'm sorry babe.  Next time, if I fall asleep while you have trouble, wake me up.  I wouldn't mind losing sleep with you.  But yeah I'm excited too!"  He gets a wide smile across his face and he squeals, squinting his eyes.   He hands me an outfit, and I get changed into it.  I ask for a pair of some maternity sweatpants, and one of my super soft shirts.  That way I can at least be comfortable on the way there.  "Thank you, love!"  I say.  "You're welcome.  And I'll pack a hot gel pack in case your back gives you problems on the way there or back.  Because although it's not naturally hot, remember, life hack for when you're on the road, we can set it up behind your back, and turn on the upper part of the heated seats!"  "Oh, thank you so much! That is so thoughtful of you.  Always thinking of ways to make sure I am always comfortable.  Or at least in pain for the minimum amount of time."  "Of course! You're very welcome! As I've said before, I hate seeing you suffer."  "I know you do baby."    As I sit there on the edge of the bed, he grabs my slip on shoes and puts them on for me.  "Thank you baby." I say, kissing him.  He then helps me get up, I grab my purse while he grabs the keys, and we are out the door and on our way.  
        When we get to the hospital, we check in.  Since we had an appointment, we got in almost immediately.  Just had to wait about 10 minutes.  They called us back and my eyes lit up.  "Hi! How are you two doing today?"  The nurse asks.  "Great! Tired, but anxious to finally see our baby."  I say.  "Yeah that is a very exciting moment.  And I'm happy to be there to experience the moment with you."  The nurse says.  "Me too!  I appreciate you choosing to be part of our journey."  I say.  "Well I'm very happy to hear that! My name is Shelby by the way.  And yours?"  "Katie."  "Well it's very lovely to meet you, Katie! And your name?"  She asks, nodding towards Conan.  "My name is Conan."  "Nice to meet you, Conan!" "It's nice to meet you too!"  He says.  We continue walking down the hall to get to the ultrasound room.  She tells me, "by the way, you are going to have to get changed into a gown for me.  Okay?"  "Yeah that's fine."  I say.  We finally reach the room, and she hands me a gown.  "Okay, now I will leave the room for just a few minutes, to give you enough time to change."  "Alright.  Thanks."  I say.  I request for her to let Conan stay in though while I change, so he can help me.  "Okay, Yeah sure, No problem!"  She says.  So he stays, upon request, to help.  He pulled down my leggings, and I lift my arms up so he can easily take my shirt off.  Then he helps me put on the gown.  5 minutes later, the nurse comes back in, with the gel and everything else needed for the ultrasound.  "Okay, are you all ready?"  She asks.  "I'm SO ready!"  I say.  "Okay, here we go!"  She says.  She puts the gel on.  It is nice and warm.  I look at the screen next to me, to look and see it.  I'm SO bubbly of the thought of Finally seeing the baby in my belly.  I stare, smiling wide, waiting to see the baby show up in the live picture.  "OH MY GOSH!!! THERE IT IS!"  I shout, marveling in the view.  The nurse smiles wide.  And I start tearing up, looking at Conan.  He grasps my hand tight, rubbing it.  He tears up as well.  Then the nurse says, "wait! LOOK! I see a second baby!"  I turn my head to face the screen again.  "What?!"  I say, surprised, in disbelief.  In a good way.  I look, and SOB! "OH MY GOD, CONAN! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!"  He sobs too.  "I KNOW!! TWO EXTRA PEOPLE TO LOVE!!"  He shouts.  The nurse tears up watching us cry.  "Congratulations to the both of you! And it's looking like one of them is a boy."  She announces.  "AAHH!  This means we have to go shopping for a boy too!"  I say.  "Yeah! We'll go right after this appointment."  "Okay Awesome! I already know an outfit I want to get for him, and one toy that I know I want."  He says.  A few minutes later, the appointment ends.  She wipes the gel off, and I get changed back into my comfy clothes, and out we go. 
       "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE HAVING TWINS! AND A BOY AND GIRL!"  I scream through tears.  "I CAN'T WAIT TO RAISE BOTH!"  He shouts, and sobs.  "You're gonna be SUCH a great father to both!"  "Thank you. And you're going to be an AMAZING mother!"  "Thank you.  Now let's go to the store!"  I shout.  We hop in the car, and helps me get comfortable in the car, before he gets on the drivers side.  "You good babe?"  He asks.  "Yep! I'm feeling great!  Thanks for making sure I am comfortable."  He puts the key in the ignition, and off we go.