The second full day home with the babies.

The second night didn't go very well either.  We got through it, but because the babies were so tired during the day yesterday, and slept for a good 4 hours in the afternoon, they were awake early this morning.  They started crying at 2:45 in the morning.  My eyes were puffy because I was so exhausted.  But as a good parent, I got up to take care of our childrens needs. "Come on, our babies need us."  "Yeah, Let's go."  Conan says.   So we headed to their room.  We fed them and everything.  They fell back asleep, so we did too. 45 minutes goes by and they cry again. So we Took care of them, and they went back to sleep. It was like that constantly all night long. I sit on the couch looking at Conan, nearly wanting to cry. It's around 11:15 in the morning.  "I'm so tired, I just wanna sleep. But also, you're just as tired. We can't sleep unless they're sleeping." "Mm, I know baby. I'm beyond exhausted and am so close to falling asleep. What if Your mom comes to watch the babies?" Conan suggests. "Ohh, yeah, that's a good idea! She'd love to spend time with them! Let me ask." I say. I FaceTime her. "Hey mom!" I say when she answers the phone. "Hi darling! Are you doing okay?" She asks. "Well, I'm really exhausted. I didn't sleep more than 5 hours last night." "Oh, I'm sorry honey." "That's okay. It's worth everything to have these babies. And I hate to ask, but do you think you could watch them for a bit? I would normally suck it up and stay awake. But I'm literally struggling to stay awake. So is Conan. And it's not a good or safe idea to fall asleep when the babies are awake." "There's no problem! I'd love to watch my grandchildren! It would be my greatest joy! And I'm happy to help you guys in any way I can. I could watch them all day if you wanted me to!" My mom says. "Thanks mom, we appreciate it a lot! You have no idea! I want to cry I'm so tired! And thanks to you, Conan and I can sleep!" I say. "Like I said, it's no problem dear! And this Will give me my first chance to really bond with them." She says. "I love you, and I'm sure you will have a blast!" I say.  "Oh yeah, There's no reason I wouldn't love spending time with them!"  My mom says.  "Well, still, it is a lot of work I'm realizing, now that I myself am a mother.  Having to feed them, change diapers.  I feel like moms should retire from that part once the child is grown enough to be potty trained and being able to feed themselves.  But then, when my kids grow up and they have kids, no doubt I'll want to spend lots of time with them.  Lol.  I'm all over the place.  Point is, I do feel bad for asking, but Conan and I have had coffee and everything, and we STILL are about to fall asleep.  After you come get them, we will probably be asleep really quickly.  I can not fall asleep, and neither can he, if it means our babies are unattended to."  I say.  My mom chuckles and says, "Honey, it's okay!  And also, I'm your mother.  So I want to help out in any way I can.  That never changes.  You see how excited I am to be asked to watch your babies?"  "Yeah, I do see how excited you are!  Which does make me feel less bad for asking.  And that's a good point."  I say, agreeing with her.  "Alright, So I'll be on my way right now!"  My mom says.  "Great!  Thanks so much!  I love you and it is much appreciated!"  "You're very welcome!  I'm honored to be taking care of them!  And I love you too!"  "Alright, mom.  I gotta go, so I can pack everything up for you."  I say.  "Okay darling.  See you in a bit."  She says, hanging up as she gets her car started.  Meanwhile, as we wait for her to get here, I pack 6 bottles.  Just in case.  Milk already in it.  I pack some diapers, baby powder, multiple sets of clothes, in case the same incident that happened yesterday, about the constant puking and pooping, happens today.  "Ugh, I sure hope my mom doesn't have to clean them up of puke constantly, and poop."  I say.  "It's okay.  You can't control that, and neither can they.  But yeah, I get it.  Like you said, you feel like a mother should retire from things, especially the puke and poop.  But things happen."  I start laughing, as I recall a memory.  "I actually remember throwing up on Gaga, (my Grandma), constantly.  Even when I was 6 years old.  Maybe even older!  So I guess it's fine.  She was grossed out of course, but she always laughed and got it cleaned up.  Like, I would literally puke ON her.  Eventually, it was a thing where I called her my puke bucket."  "Haha, see!  She laughed!  I'm sure your mom will be okay with it."  Conan says.  "Yeah, that's true.  Hopefully."  I say.  By the way, the bag I'm packing everything into, is SUPER cool and helpful!  They have a compartment that zips up, and that's kinda like a cooler thing.  So I put the bottles in there, so they stay cold.  It's one of those things that keeps things cold, even without ice packs.  And it has plush walls, to separate the spaces.  "Oh yes, we need to pack baby wipes!"  I shout.  "Oh yeah, I'll go get those."  Conan says.  "Okay, great thanks!"  I say.  "You're welcome."  He says, as he goes on his way to get those.  A minute later he comes back with it.  I pack it in right next to the compartment with the diapers.  And right in the same compartment as the baby powder.  "Oh, you know what?  They'll probably want their blankets, and a toy."   I say.  "Yeah, they could probably have their rattles, and a stuffed animal, and hmm, what else should we give them?"  "Hmm, I don't know.  Let's just pick random toys they gave us at the baby shower."  "Okay.  How about a musical thing?"  "Sure!" I say, so I pack that.  It's one of those plastic music toys. 
      "Umm, so I've thought about it.. I have thought of so many names for our son.  But haven't found any names that suit our son.  Hmm, so I'm thinking, maybe we'll just stick with Conan Junior.  Besides, when he grows up, the girl he meets, sure will be lucky to have him.  I feel like everyone needs a Conan in their life."  Conan smiles.  "Awww, the reason behind it is so sweet!  Besides, like I said, It did make me sad to think of my son not being named after me."  "Okay, then it is settled.  Conan Jr. it is."  I say, smiling.  "And I've also come up with multiple names for him that Didn't sound right.  But besides, Conan Jr. could grow on us.  Like, that name, the more we use it, I think the more we may end up liking it for him."  He says smiling.  "Yeah that could very well be possible.  And besides, he has some Texas cowboys merch."  "Yeah! OMG! You know what I just thought about?"  He asks, lighting up in his eyes and face.  "What? I love when you light up like that.  So whatever you're thinking, I'm up for."  I say.  "Well I was thinking, you've met my best friend Ashley.  But only over FaceTime.  Wanna go to Texas and see her in person?  And go to Buc-Ee's convenience store?  And get Buc-Ee's merch?"  He asks, getting SO excited!  "Yeah of course!  That would be so cool!"  "YAYY!  Texas is the one place I actually spent a majority of my life.  We moved around a lot when I was really little.  Like, not just to different houses.  But also different states.  Texas was where I spent 10 years of my life!  Until I moved to L.A. for UCLA.  So it's exciting to think about our son and daughter to get merch of Buc-ee's in Texas!  And we should get them Buc-ee's merch every year!  And Ashley could be Aunt Ashley!"  He says getting really giddy.  Then he continues to say "I just am excited and love the idea of our kids having a bit of a taste of where their daddy spent most of his years.  And like, have that aspect in their life!"  "Aww, you're the cutest, and I am excited just seeing how excited you are.  And also that sounds so cool!  Heck I'll get Buc-ee's merch!  I've never been to Texas!"  "Yeah, and you totally need to!  I'll text Ashley, and see if we can visit.  I'm sure she'd be so happy!  I have to ask because if we go to Texas, we're gonna spend our time with Ashley, at her house.  And I wanna make sure it's okay first.  Because you know I've told you, my parents were horrible.  Abusive.  Mostly emotionally abusive, but Sometimes I was physically abused.  So I don't want anything to do with my parents."  "I know, I'm so sorry your parents were so horrible to you.  I'm glad you have someone else you can go to though."  "Me too, she's literally my best friend!  And I actually started to sleep at her house most of the time when I was living with my parents.  Because I didn't want to be home.  Sometimes it would get sad, intense, scary to be at my parents home.  Notice how I said my parents home.  Home is not supposed to be a place where you feel scared and sad.  Ashley's home was my first real home.   And now I have my own home with you!  Ashley will always be my second home now, when we go to vacation in Texas!"  Conan says, still smiling, even when talking about such a sensitive topic.  He usually breaks down sobbing when he talks about it.  But right now, he's too excited about the idea of us all going to Texas, and seeing Ashley.   "Also thankfully we could go maybe within a couple weeks or a month.  Because guess what?  We can drive to Texas!  It'll be a 7 and a half hour drive.  But I also have driven that long before, just LIVING in Texas.  Texas is a huge state!  There's a lot I still have not explored in Texas!  That's how big it is!  So if you're up for a 7 and a half hour drive, we can do that!"  Conan says.  "Yeah that sounds so fun!  I do love long car rides!"  I say.  "Okay, so then we'll plan to go within the next couple weeks, to maybe a month."  Conan says.  "YAYYYY!  OHH I'm SO excited!"  I say, marveling in excitement.  "Good!  Which it makes me even more excited and happy that you're just as excited as I am!"  "Well yeah, you hyped everything up!  Like, me and our kids will get to experience a part of your life, and the fact Ashley will be their aunt, is so sweet!  They'll get a big part of your life in their life!  Texas itself, and Ashley!  They'll have really good aunts!  My sister, and your half sisters, right?  And my best friend Katie, and your best friend Ashley!  Gosh, imagine the Family reunions?  We're gonna have a huge family!"  I say.  "Yeah, my half siblings were really good to me, which is a miracle considering my dad partially raised them.  But I guess it's better than having to live with him, and my mom.  So they will definitely be allowed to be their aunts.  And also of course my half brothers will be their uncles."  Conan says.   "Well honey, you said it's a miracle your siblings grew up to be really kind and that it's a miracle considering who raised them.  But look At you, you grew up with two abusive parents and look at how you turned out?  You're not aggressive or abusive.  In any way."  I say.  "You know, I never even thought about that.  So it's even more of a miracle that I am the way I am."  Conan says, smiling because he feels so proud.  "Yes it most certainly is!  I'm very proud of you!"  I say.  "Thank you!  It feels good to hear."  He says sweetly.  "Well of course I'm proud of you!  And I hope you're proud of yourself."  "I am proud of yourself.  But it feels different hearing when someone else is proud of me.  Especially when you're proud of me."  Conan says.  "Aww, come here."  I say, and I reach out my arms, inviting him into them.  So we hug for a minute.  "I love you."  I say.  "I love you too."  He says back.  "I love you more."  I say.  "I love you most."   He says.  "I love you to infinity."  "I love you to infinity and back."  Conan says.  "Okay, here's mom.  We got everything needed for our babies to be Properly taken care of, right?"  He checks the bag.  "Yep, seems like so."  "Okay, toys, diapers, baby powder, baby wipes, milk, extra clothes, LOTS of extra clothes... Yep.  It seems we do have everything packed."  I confirm.   My mom walks up to the door.  I tear up.  "Hey baby.  What's wrong?"  She asks.  "Ugh, it's just I'm sad.  Now even though we'll be sleeping, I still am sad that the babies will not be here.  But it's okay.  It will be nice.  Because also, although I'll miss them, It will be good so I can get a good sleep.  If they were to stay here, and you watch them here, I would still be woken up by them crying.  As soon as I wake up, I'll call you."  "Okay, baby.  Sounds good.  You get a good rest.  And I know how it feels to be away from your babies.  I felt that way with you and your sister.  It's hard.  A mother and their children are basically attached at the hip.  And not to mention you only just gave birth to them 5 days ago.  And this is only the second day with them alone.  But it's gonna be okay.  Because like you said, you'll get to relax, and you will sleep through it."  My mom says.  "You nailed the exact feeling and reason for it!  Because as you said, you've been through it before."  I say.  "I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry you are feeling sad.  But you go get a good sleep with Conan."  My mom says.  "I definitely will."  I say.   Conan and I walk the babies and my mom out to the car, with the care bag.  We get them buckled in, and I give them a big giant kiss on the forehead.  "I love you.  And I'm gonna miss you but it will be okay.  You'll have a lovely time at Grandma's."  I say to them.   "Also, Mom, I would have made you stay longer.  Instead of rushing you all out.  But I just feel like if you had stayed longer, it would make it harder to say goodbye to the babies.  But please let's talk when we retrieve our babies."  I say.  "That's completely okay.  I am not upset that you didn't ask me to stay longer.  I understand, and as a mom, I am worried.  I want you to sleep.  It is Important to me of course because you are my daughter.  And Conan, you are my son in law.  So of course I'm also worried about you.  Besides, the earlier you go sleep, the better you'll sleep tonight."  My mom says.  "You're the best.  And I look forward to later!"  I say.  "Me too, I love you!"  She says, as she backs out of our driveway.  "Bye mom, love you too!"  We blow each other kisses. 
       Conan puts an arm around me, in comfort as we walk back in our house.  "It's okay.  It really is gonna be okay.  It sounds awful, but it will probably turn out better than we expect."  He says.  I give him a look.  Then I sigh and say "it's probably true.  As hard as it is to say.  But what if it's not better than we expect?"  I ask.  "Well, we'll get through it.  And besides, it will be more exciting to bring them back home, and even just to have them in your sight."  Conan says.  "Well that's a good way of looking at it!  And I think also if it doesn't go expected, we should give them more time with their grandma and grandpa.  Because that way, the more we do it, the more we will get used to being away from them."  I suggest.  "That's a good idea, that could potentially work in the long run.  It will probably suck in the meantime.  But again, we can get through this.  Now come on, let's go cuddle.  I know that's your favorite place to be, is in my arms.  And it really does seem to calm you when you're scared or sad.  "Honey even just your one arm around my back is comforting.  Which is the perfect reason we need to cuddle.  So I can have BOTH your arms around me."  I say.  We crawl into our bed, and I lay on my side, and my face is facing his.  "Mm, I prefer this than having my back to your face.  I want to bury my face in your chest and everything."  I say, feeling instantly relaxed.   Conan looks at me lovingly, and gently, slowly plays with my hair.  Tracing it with his fingers.  I curl up my knees.  We talk a tiny bit, and eventually, we fall asleep.  Quickly once we tried.  We were just enjoying our time cuddling, so we kinda wanted to talk, so we could stay awake to enjoy it.  But if I had to guess, within 15 minutes of actually TRYING to sleep, we fell asleep. 
       We woke up 6 hours later.  So now it is 5:30 in the afternoon.  "Wow!  We slept really well! I'm feeling a lot better, pretty wide awake.  What about you Conan?"  I ask.  "Mm, I feel good too!  Do you still want to go pick up the babies now though?  Or do you want to continue laying here cuddling for a bit?"  He asks.  "Im glad you are feeling better too.  And you know, laying here cuddling for a little longer does sound good."  I say.  "Alright.  That's what I was thinking too."   Conan says.  "Okay cool! And I will set an Alarm just in case we fall back asleep for some reason.  Because we want to go to your moms house at a decent time.  Especially if we're gonna stay at her house for a little bit.  "Oh yeah, because we don't wanna rush out of there.  For her, we don't want to take the babies away from her so fast, and I miss my mom.  We haven't seen her in a few days.  lol."  I say.  "Yeah!  So how about we call your mom?"  Conan suggests.  "Yeah, I'll FaceTime her."  I say.  I grab my phone and we call her from our bed.  She picks up the phone.  "Hi mom!"  "Hi!"  She says, with a big smile on her face.  "So how has it been with them?  Did you have a lot puke and poop to clean up?"  I ask.  "Not much puke.  They did throw up two times each.  But they pooped a lot more.  Over all, I had a great time seeing them!"  She says, feeling over joyed.  I smile wide.  "I'm very happy to hear you had such a great time!  And there's no better thing than to actually see you smiling like this."  I say.  "Also we wanted to call because we wanted to let you know, we will be on our way in about a half hour, maybe 45 minutes.  We want to go on our way to your house at a decent time.  We don't wanna have to rush out of there."  I say.  "OHH good!  I'll prepare dinner!"  She says, getting all excited.  "Aww, you're so sweet!  I'm excited."   "Me too!  It'll be nice to spend quality time together.  Even if we're just staying home."  She says.  "I feel the same way, mom."  "So how are you feeling?  Do you feel any better?  Did you sleep well?"  My mom asks.  "SO much better!  We just woke up.  We fell asleep sometime after 12:00."  I say.  "Oh, that's great!  I'm so happy to hear that!  And I'm glad I am the reason for you getting that important sleep."  She says.  "It is really truly appreciated.  More than words could ever express."  I say.  "Never hesitate to ask me to babysit!  I'm telling you, I will be so ecstatic every single time."  She says.  I smile.  "I know mom.  I will never hesitate to ask you.  Not Anymore."  I say.  "Good."  She says, giving a thumbs up.  "Alright mom, we'll see you soon."  I say.  "Alright, sounds good!  Thanks for FaceTiming me!"  She says.  "You're welcome.  It was nice talking to you for a bit!  I love you!"  I say.  "I love you too!  And it was nice talking to you too."  She says.  We hang up.   Conan and I continue to cuddle until the alarm goes off.  "Alright, time to go get the babies."  I say.   He moans.  "Mmm, Aww, but I don't wanna stop cuddling."  "I know baby.  I don't wanna stop cuddling either.  But just like you told me about the babies going to grandmas, it's something to look forward.  We can cuddle more later when we get home."  Conan grins.  "I see what you did there.  Well played."  I smile back, saying nothing.  "Come on, let's go."  I say.  We head out to the car.  Conan opens the passenger side door for me, and then heads over to the drivers side.  "Thanks for opening the car door for me."  "You're welcome."  He says.  We get buckled up and head to my mom's house.  It takes a Half an hour to get there from me and Conan's house.  We get there, and the dinner is ready.  "Hey!  You're here just in time for dinner!  The oven just beeped!"  She says.  "Mmm, it smells delicious Mom!"  I say.  "It's your favorite... Chicken Pot Pie!"  "OMG YAYY!  THANK YOU!  You make the absolute BEST chicken Pot Pie."  I say.  "Why thank you my dear!"  She says, very pleased to hear that.  So we hug, and I say "Hi dad!" As I hug him as well.  He smiles.  "Hi sweetheart."  And he hugs Conan, and my mom hugs Conan as well.  "Come sit down."  My mom says, as she sets the table.  "Mm, I do love Chicken Pot Pie."  Conan says.  "Good!  I hope you love my recipe."  My mom says. "If you love restaurant chicken pot pies, I can promise you will love it." My dad tells Conan. "Aww, you guys are so sweet!" My mom says. I dig in, and so does Conan. "Mmm, this really IS the best Chicken Pot Pie!" Conan says. "Aww, well thank you! I'm very happy you love it!" "With how Katie and your husband were talking about it, I already expected an amazing pie of chicken. But it exceeded my expectations. Wow!" "Ohh, you're just saying that!" My mom says, feeling flustered. "Not at all! And I want to know the recipe one day." "In my last days, I'll give you the recipe. Otherwise it won't be as special when I make it when you come over or I go to your house." "Okay that's fair. So for now, it would be so awesome! Because as of right now, when we crave it, you can come over. Especially when the kids are older, and they can eat at the table with us, and can eat actual food. I have a feeling I will cherish those moments. All of us, including you and your husband, gathered at mine or your dining room table. Those Times and more, will make for great memories!" Conan says. My mom smiles. "Awww! That would be lovely! So I hope you crave it often." She says. "Aww, mom. lol. You know you can come to our house anytime. And we can always come to yours anytime." I say. "That's right! I do know that I can go to your house anytime. And I'm even more happy you know you can come here Anytime." My mom says. "Yes, of course mom. Uninvited and unannounced. You can just walk in our house, and there will be no problem. Just joy and excitement. And I know that the same goes for us, with going to this house." "Yeah, of course! This home will always be your home!" My mom says smiling.
We kept talking at dinner. Just chit chat. Then, after dinner, we sat down in the living room, and we have a more serious/informational conversation. "So, mom, first of all, Thanks so much for the lovely dinner. And I enjoyed the conversation we all had together, and I look forward to many more in the future. Me, Conan, you, dad, and The kids. Now I'd like to talk more about things you could help give me advice on." I say. "Yeah sure! I'd be happy to help!" "Okay, well, about the sleep thing... They literally slept all day yesterday, which is why they couldn't sleep last night. Which I'm assuming means they slept most of the time while they were here." As I said that, she nodded. "So I was wondering, did you do anything special to help me to sleep at night? If I ever even did sleep during the day when I was little." I continued. "Well, yes they did sleep most of the time here today. And yes you did sleep during the day, and had a hard time sleeping at night because of that. Usually what we did, was we would make your milk a bit warmer than it should be. Like, instead of microwaving the breast milk for 45 seconds, we typically put it in for 10 extra seconds. I wasn't sure if it was safe at first. But then I called the doctor to make sure. She told me, 45 seconds is just preferred. The best temperature for a newborn baby. But she said an extra 10-15 seconds is okay. Because, you know, warm milk always helps people sleep. And then we would play the thing that goes over the crib, that has the peaceful music..." "OH, Conan, you could sing them to sleep! You've got a voice that's as soothing, if not more soothing, than the thing that goes over a baby's crib. I say if not more, because I feel like especially to a baby, hearing their dad's voice, would be so soothing. Your voice already soothes me. So imagine how soothing it will be to our babies?" I say to Conan. "Ohhh yeah! I don't know how we haven't thought of that! Or the milk thing!" "Yeah, thanks mom for those suggestions! Any other suggestions that you have?" "Yes, we had a self rocking crib, that played sounds. And don't worry, it sounds scary for it to be self rocking. But I promise, it rocks very gently. Like, huh, well, honey, could you get the crib out of the attic?" My mom asks dad. "Yeah sure! I'll be right back." He says, walking away to get it. He comes back a few minutes later. "Oh yes. It barely tips. It won't tip the babies out of it." "Exactly." "Maybe we could hook up a thing to it, to personalize the sound, to be my songs. On repeat all night long. That could help. Obviously on the nights when they just can't fall asleep from the milk and singing. I mean they might, but if they wake up again in a short amount of time, we'll use the self rocking bassinet with my music playing." Conan says. "Oh that's an excellent idea!" I say. "Oh, I just thought, there's not much that's more comforting than a mother or father's arms. What if we get customized Items, like, molds. You know like neck pillows for traveling? Basically, like a pillow, molded to be exactly like our arms. And lay them in that." I say. "Yeah that could work possibly! We'll have to look into that. See if that stuff exists." Conan says. "Yeah! It probably does." I say. "Yeah, like, a man pillow. Where they make pillows to feel like you're cuddling with the man. When their actual husbands are gone, they cuddle with a man pillow, and supposedly it feels like they're actually cuddling their husband. Which is cute." "Yeah! That's exactly what I had in mind." I say. We keep talking about advice, and just life. And how it is to raise the babies. "Oh, it's great raising them! It's tough. Really exhausting. But at the end of the day, I'm excited to do it all again the next day. I'm in love with my babies! And I made a great decision naming our daughter Luna. I truly feel like Gaga should be honored in that way. I also feel like Gaga is watching over Luna. Both Luna and Conan Jr. Conan Jr. is what we decided on naming our son by the way." "Oh really?! That's cool! Any particular reason?" "Well, after thinking about it for 5 days, we decided on Conan Jr. because 1. When he grows up, he will probably be as sweet as Conan. And everyone deserves to have a Conan in their life. And 2. He has Texas Cowboys sports merch. And Conan grew up spending most of his years in Texas." I say. "Aww! That's so sweet and cute! I love those reasons!" "Yeah, and Conan is a pretty big part of my life, and so are our babies. Conan deserves to be honored by having our son named after him. Especially when Texas was a big part of Conan's life, Our son is a big part of our life, and He's got cowboy merch, which is a sports team from the biggest part of a Conan's life." I say. "My god, I'm gonna cry! That's so sweet! So very thought out! Heart felt!" My mom says. "Yeah, you know... I hate to say it.. But Katie and I couldn't think of a name that fit him. No name could suit him. But I also didn't want him to not be named after me. I said that within the first day home. And then when she thought about it, and told me why we should choose Conan Jr. I cried. And then I thought about going to Texas to see my best friend Ashley. She can be their aunt. And I want them to get them Buc-ee's merch. Buc-ee's is a famous convenience store in Texas, and They have a mascot that's a beaver. Hence the name Buc-Ee's. It's so famous, they sell T shirts and hats and more of The big famous beaver." Conan says. "That sounds SO awesome! We've never been to Texas!" My parents say. "Well you guys should come along with us one time. We're thinking of taking yearly trips there. That could be more memories! Not just for our kids. Because as of right now, or the first 3 years of their life, they won't remember this stuff. But it could be memories for us, to always think about. And of course we'll take loads of pictures in front of the beaver, and other parts of Texas. So the kids can see." Conan says. "Gosh, I love you so much! I'm glad you're our son-In-Law. You seem very family oriented. Always looking forward to making memories. And actually, people don't usually get this excited about hanging out with their mother-In-Law or Father-In-Law." My mom says. "I love you too! And yeah. You are so good to me! And I don't talk about it often, but my parents were horrible. And They are no longer allowed to be a part of my life. I want my kids to have grandparents in their life. And if anyone should be, it's you. Like, if I could choose only 2 grandparents, I'd choose you Two. And I'm not just looking forward to memories for the kids. Just, you guys are better parents in Law, than my Actual birth parents were. And for that, the idea of making memories with loving people, Makes me very happy. I only have bad memories with my parents. You guys have taught me what it feels like to be loved. So Thank you for being such good, loving parents. And thanks for accepting me in your life to begin with. You're my bonus family. And as far as I'm concerned, you're pretty much my only family. I was telling Katie earlier. Home isn't a place that's supposed to feel sad, dangerous, scary. My parents home, was definitely not my home. This place feels like home. I feel safe, I feel loved. I feel wanted." Conan says. He is tearing up the whole time. I rub his back gently in circles the whole time for support. "Wow. I'm so sorry about that. I had no idea! Especially the way you act. You're the nicest guy I've ever met! It's amazing how people turn out after being in an abusive household. You don't seem aggressive at all! That's something to be proud of. And we're very glad to have you in our life. And we look forward to making so many memories with you! I certainty feel lucky, and honored to be your family. And to be the family you want to make memories with." My mom says, tearing up. "We'll always be here for you. And as she said, It's impressive how you are considering the life you've gone through. I'm proud of you. As you'd father-In-Law, I'm glad to say that I am proud of you." Conan Winces At everyone's support and sympathy. "Thank you so much! I truly love you guys! You have no idea how much you guys mean to me! I never even thought I was gonna make it past age 13! I guess it's true, that saying that you have to walk through hell to find heaven. Because right now, My life is at its peak! My life is incredible! And I feel like I'm at the top of the world! It truly feels like heaven. My wonderful girlfriend, Our Babies... And You guys. There's honestly countless things to be grateful for now that I've made it to adulthood!  And yeah, it is pretty miraculous how I turned out.  I think by having such horrible parents, and humans in general, it taught me what kinda human and parent NOT to be."  My parents just flow with the tears. And honestly I started to. I was trying to stay strong for My Conan. But it just got too heavy hearted. I couldn't help but cry. It was just a big crying fest now. "I'm sorry you had to go through hell though. And I am glad you made it through your childhood. Maybe you were meant to keep going. Because we seriously would have missed out on an incredible son-In-Law. And god had a plan for you, that you would meet our daughter." My mom says through tears. "I'm sorry for making you guys cry. I didn't mean for that to happen. It just helps me sometimes to talk about it." "Honey, sweetie, It's okay! Look at me.. Do not apologize for talking about it. You can talk to us about absolutely anything. Don't hesitate because of how we might react. Please." My mom says. Then we talk a while about less sad things. We talk about good, fun, exciting things for an hour or so. Now we're all feeling good again. No heavy hearted feelings. "Alright, it's 10:30. But wow, what a fantastic time I had!" Conan says. "Come over anytime!" My parents say. "Definitely! Thanks again for everything." Conan says. We hug them goodbye. "You're welcome sweetie! Always!" My mom says. "Thanks again mom and dad for watching our kids." "Awww, we were happy to have them here!" They say. "Love you guys." I say as we walk out the door. "We love you too! Goodnight! I hope the advice at helping the kids sleep after sleeping all day helps. you'll have to let me know tomorrow!" "Okay, will do!" I say. We get the bag of things, and our kids in the car. We get the babies all buckled up. We get in the front seat and on our way home we go! "That was a really great time! It was great to spend a bit of time with mom and dad when we came to pick the kids up. We had good conversations, over all it was good, quality time." "Yeah it was! I've never even spent this much time with your parents. My heart feels whole." Conan says. "Good I'm glad you had as good a time as I did! And it truly does mean a lot to my parents that you want to make so many memories with them. It means a lot to me too. We're family! I love you." I say smiling. And he smiles back. "I love you too. You, your family, and our babies are truly the best things that ever happened to me! My best part of my life!" Conan says. "Ohh, baby." I say, as I rub his hair and neck in circles with one hand. Soon, we finally get home.
"Ahh, what a great time it was! I had the best time at your parents house!" Conan says, once again smiling. "Good. It really is great to hear! And the babies are asleep as of Right now. How about if we tuck them into bed, and go to bed?" "Hmm, I was thinking a movie? And we can just pause the movie and exit it until morning if we get tired in the middle of it." Conan suggests. "Hmm, sure! Sounds like a good way to end our day." "Okay cool. What are we watching?" Conan asks. "Whatever you wanna watch." I say. "You know... I'm kinda feeling like watching Toy Story again." Conan says. "Okay! Sounds good to me!" I say. So we turn it on the tv after tucking the babies in. We get all cuddled up in each other's with a blanket, some Popcorn, and Chocolate Milk.
We finished the movie, and not a sound was heard from those babies. "Wow. That's another thing to keep in mind. I think the car ride really worked wonders on them. I forgot that's another thing that parents find to work well. We go to bed together. We cuddle of course and even though we slept for 6 hours in the afternoon, We were able to fall asleep pretty quickly. At least that's how it seems. We fell asleep sometime after 1:15 in the morning, and was woken up by Luna and Conan Jr. at 5:15 in the morning. "Okay, Conan. Come on. Wow. They almost slept through the night! It's very rare that babies, especially 1 week olds to sleep through the night. I seriously think the car did that." I say. "Yeah, I think so too! So let's go attend to them. They for sure must be hungry, and I'm guessing they'll need diaper changes." Conan says. "I'm thinking the same thing." I say, frowning about the diaper change. But At last, their our babies, and we're happy to take care of them. "It shouldn't be too bad." I say. "You're right. No big deal." So we go to the baby nursery. First we change their diapers, and then feed them. We lay them back in their cribs and sing to them until they fall asleep. Now, we go back to bed. I smile. "Wow. I think even literally just a car ride before bedtime, will work on days they've slept all day. I'm so happy because I feel like I got SO much sleep." I say. "Good, I'm happy to hear that. But what's even better, is seeing you smile. Which is making me smile." Conan says. "It's funny how basically a good night's sleep with newborns, is like A child on Christmas Day. Just SO excited." I say. "Like literally my heart feels excited. Like, to the point I could giggle." "Haha, same babe. Now let's try and go back to sleep." He says. "Okay good Idea, babe." I say. "Hey, is it okay if I turn on the tv? I feel like watching The Golden Girls. Or at least hearing it in the background." I say. "Yeah, that's perfectly fine! It would be kinda cool. We usually fall asleep to The tv." Conan points out. "Oh yeah. Cool." I say, reaching for the remote and pointing it at the TV. I find The channel, turn it on a low volume, and rest my face into Conan's chest.