BABY SHOWER TIME!!

Last night I didn't sleep well. Same reason as the first of the month. Being too excited about the upcoming events this month. Thankfully, 1 down, 2 to go! Thankfully I slept until 9:15 today. I get ready immediately.  As soon as I am ready, Conan and I go on our way to the building the shower is being held.  That way we can have time to set up the food and tables and all that good stuff.  Last night, we bought all of the mason jars and flowers.  while we were buying the Mason Jars, I thought, "what if we were to put the pink M&M's in one jar, for one side of the vase, then put blue ones in another?" "I like that idea!" "Okay cool. So let's see.... there are 20 tables, so we need to buy 40 mason Jars. Good thing they're not real expensive." They were only $1.00 because we went to the Dollar store. There, we were also able To find the puffy star and football stickers, as well as the lady bug ones. Then of course we bought the balloons that they will go in. We counted out all the M&M's that reveals the approximate due date.  We made sure to remember everything.  The flowers, the vases for the flowers, some of the food that we made.  My favorite thing to make was the white chocolate bark, dyed green!  It's such a light color green, it's so pretty! I helped Conan make the football shaped cheese Platter.  That was pretty fun too.  The rest of the food we decided on, the owners of the building provided us with.  It takes us about 40 minutes to get there.  When we get there, we unload all of the things we brought.  We then started placing the center pieces of the tables.  We didn't yet fill the Mason Jars for everyone's table. Shortly after arriving, My Best Friend and my parents showed up to help. As well as my sister. So my sister from another mister, AND my blood sister. My best friend yelled "SURPRISE! I wanted to come early to help out." "Wow! Thank you so much! I'm even just happy that you're one of the first ones here! You're my best friend!" I say. I hug her tight and say, "I love you!" "I love you too!" It's a bit cloudy and chilly outside. But she is definitely my ray of sunshine. She makes me SO happy! I look over at my parents and say, "AND MY PARENTS!" I hug them tight as well of course. "Hello! I love you guys!" I say. "We love you too!" They say back. Both my parents, and best friend ask what I need them to do first. "I think right now, I'd just like some help filling all the mason jars with M&M's. The pink ones go in one mason Jar, and The Blue ones go in the other." "Got it!" Everyone says. "Thank you very much!" I say. "You're welcome. We're happy to help." "And I'm grateful you guys are here. What a great way to kickstart a beautiful day!" I say to the 4 of them again. "Well we're very happy to give you such a fun, great start to a beautiful day!" My mom says. Real quick, Conan Gets a picture of me with my parents, me with my sisters, and then one with all of us in the same picture.
Soon, with all of us working together on the table decor, we finish that. I direct my parents to put up the streamers. My sister from another mister and sister ask what to do next.  Conan and I are filling the balloons with a handful of Stickers, then blow them up.  We ask my sisters to do the same.  We all get together in a circle and work together more.  Soon, we are done with that, so we go and place them in all 4 corners of the room.  We keep setting up the decorations and the food, and we finally finish by 1:15.  YAY! A half hour until the shower starts! By 1:25 the building is already full of people.  Wow, all these people here to celebrate the miracle in my stomach!  By 1:40, everyone that RSVP'D, had arrived.  I make a speech.  "Hello everyone! Family, friends.. We are So beyond grateful for all of you coming to show love for the miracle! It means so much!  And I hope you all Have a wonderful time!  Conan and I certainly had A blast planning it all out!"  I say.  "Also, there is a game! At any time, you can come up and guess the amount of M&M's in the jar.  It will reveal the approximate Due Date."  I announce.  People already start lining up to make their guesses.  I hand each individual a slip of paper, where they write their estimate. Next, we do the gender reveal. "Okay! Who's ready for some cake?! Now this will reveal the gender!" I cheer excitedly. Everyone cheers back. "WOOOHH!" They all clap, and once it quiets down again, We say, "Obviously the pink means it's a girl, and blue means boy!" We say nothing about Purple. Because then it wouldn't make it a surprise. Nobody ever thinks of that. Nobody expects twins, and for it to be a boy and girl. We make the ultimate slice. "IT'S A BOY AND GIRL!" We shout. More, even louder cheers. Everyone is shocked! We serve everybody their cake, and we decide to open presents. It's already 3:00 and we have a lot of presents to open. "By the way, please feel free to go and get actual food at any time."
I start opening the gifts. Of course I get the essentials. Someone even put together a bag of Baby wipes, Diapers, and Baby Powder. The same person also got me a bundle of Towels, A headband, a bath robe, Lotion, and Baby Shampoo and baby conditioner.
The next gift was another bundle. From a different person. It had a tag on it saying, "A Bundle of Joy for your Bundle of Joy." It included a teddy bear, A yellow Blanket, a sunshine rattle with a face,
Next, I open up the gift from my parents. I laugh when I see a onesie that says "Fragile" with a Leg Lamp design on the front. I knew my dad picked that one out, because he is a fan of "A Christmas story." Then they got us a cute, and very extremely helpful baby monitor. And a super fashionable and warm jacket. The next gift, was from My best friend/sister from another mister. She bought some Mickey And Minnie Mouse Onesies. As well as An Eeyore Pajama onesie. Also, she was the only one who knew it was twins. So she also found a Pooh Bear onesie, and although it's not Disney, she got one that said "mommy's HunnyBunny." To go with the Pooh Bear outfit. The girl can wear the "Mommy's HunnyBunny one, and the boy can wear the Pooh Bear one. Because get it? I see what she did there. Because Honey is his favorite meal and snack. She also got outfits that say "You got A friend in me." Because there's no better friend than a sibling. Not to mention that's a lifetime promise. She also got a Disney nightlight for the room. Conan's half siblings gave us a bunch of Texan stuff. We got more diapers, some hats, socks, gloves, all the basic stuff that people typically get at Baby Showers. The babies will have TONS of toys to play with too! Stuffed animals, animated interactive toys, play mats, Blocks, and SO much more!
"Thank you all so much for the wonderful gifts! We really appreciate it a lot! And thank you all again, for coming! We can't express our gratitude and blessed feeling of having you all in our lives, and now, our babies lives!  We're very grateful that you were all able to come to gather to celebrate the life of our babies.  Even before their arrival."  I say.  
  Everybody claps.  "It's almost time to wrap up the party.   So Conan and I will go through the slips of paper with the estimation of M&M count.  And whoever is closest, wins!"  I say.  Everybody claps and cheers some more.  A half hour goes by, because there were a lot of slips of paper.   "OHH! We have a winner!  The winner, guessed 1,112.  There are actually 1,115!  So the babies will be born on November 15th!"  I announce.   Everybody cheers for the winner.   Now, the party has ended.  People started to leave.  But the ones who were first to the party, were also the last to leave the party.  They wanted to help clean up.  As well as a couple of my aunts.  "Thank you guys, I appreciate the help!"  I say.  "Oh it's no problem!  You did most of the planning.  The least we could do is set up and clean up.  Also, you did a great job planning this!  It was a blast!"  They say. "Awww, I'm so happy to hear that!" I say smiling wide as I hug them. "Well yeah, and with how amazing this was, I can imagine your kids will have the BEST birthday parties!" "I definitely hope so!" I say. With help from family and friends who stayed, we were done cleaning up within 45 minutes. "Woo, thanks again for your help guys! Both setting up and cleaning up. It means a lot." I say. "Again, it's no problem. Now you go home and rest." My mom says. "Okay mom. I love you." I say. "I love you too." "Bye, love you dad! Love you All!" I say to everyone. I give them all a kiss, and we all head out to our cars. Conan looks at me "you really did throw a great party." He says. I look at him kinda confused. "Thanks babe. But you also planned it." I say. "Yeah, but you did most of the planning. So I am happy to say you threw a great party. You deserve all the credit." Conan explains. "Aww, you really think so?" I ask. We start the car. "Of course I think so! I only made the minor plans." "Oh yeah, I'm sorry I didn't let you get a lot of the big plans." I say. "Awww Don't be sorry! Please. I actually don't mind. I was happy seeing you be so excited about planning, and they were fantastic ideas. I have very few brain cells anyways. So they're only capable of coming up with the most minor plans." Conan says, which makes me laugh. "Okay babe, that's good." I say.  "Also, the things we got were super cute!  I love the outfits!  I can't wait to get home and fold them, and put them in the drawers, and everything."  I say.  "I know!  Our babies are gonna look so cute in their outfits!  Hopefully we can get them to wear it all before they grow out of them.  We have a lot of baby clothes now.  Between the ones we bought months ago, and today, from everyone."  Conan says.  "Haha, Don't worry love.  We will go through all of the clothes!  Because babies poop and it squirts out the side of the diaper, stains the clothes.  They sometimes will puke.  Gotta change the clothes.  And a lot of that's gonna be repeated.  But there's also other things they might do that makes them dirty."   I say.  "Ohh, yeah.  I forgot about that.  Hoo, how fun."  Conan says sarcastically, laughing nervously.   "Haha yeah no, that's gonna be the least fun.  But you know what, we'll clean them up and change them because we love them."  I say.  "That's very true."  Conan agrees.  "And none of us have to go through that stuff alone.  We'll take turns."  I say.  "Yeah, it's very important to take turns.  With anything.  Or just go through everything together.  It isn't necessarily just about taking turns.  But like the emotional stuff, just literally everything."   "I very much agree!  I couldn't agree more!  If a man or woman ever lets their significant other go through stuff alone, they don't really love that person.  It's so horrible.  I also feel it is important to let each other know that if the other one is upset or has a disagreement, it's okay.  We will work through it.  And I need you, as a man, to know it's okay to cry.  I know boys have this horrible stereotype that men have to be "strong" and that if they cry they're automatically labeled as weak.  It's not true!  You can cry, but still be strong.  And it's horrible that guys are shamed for crying.  Guys feel emotions too.  We are all human."  I say.  "Thank you love.  I already knew that, because I'm comfortable enough to cry in front of you.  Like before you told me, I already felt like I can, because you don't seem like the judgmental type at all!"  Conan says.  "Well good, that really makes me happy to hear that!  It is really important to me that you know that."  I say. "I know baby, and I appreciate that. I love you." Conan says. The light is red so he glances at me, and gives me a quick peck on the lips. "I love you too!" I say.