Time to take the babies home!

It's been 3 days since our lovely, perfect Babies were born. And I was right, they kept us at the hospital. The first night was not the very best, sleep wise. We were all okay. Healthy. But did not sleep well at all. I only got about an hour and a half of sleep, and I woke up crying. "I'm so exhausted!" I say to Conan. "I know baby. I'm sorry. Me too." Also, they brought over a wider bed. He climbs into it with me, and thankfully I am able to get more sleep. I got 4 and a half hours! What a difference that makes. Especially when you don't sleep well the night before going into labor. And on top of that, not catching up on sleep at any part of the day after birth. When I wake up I see him sleeping. I'm a little jealous because I'd like to sleep even more. Lol, but I'm happy to see him sleeping. He slept another 4 hours that day. We smiled as we both held our babies. Later that night, it was easier to sleep. I got about 5 and a half hours before being woken up by the babies crying. Conan gets up to assist the babies needs. Soon, they stop crying and he crawls back in the bed, and nestles his head into my chest. He falls asleep a little bit before me. Then I slept for another 4 hours.
Now, today, we finally get to take our babies HOME! Where they belong! When the nurse makes that announcement, Conan packs the bag. I cry again with joy. "Are you Okay?" He asks, making sure I'm not sad. "Yeah, I'm just SO happy and excited to take our babies home!" "Aww, I know, me too!" It takes a few minutes to pack up, and then we wait for the approval. "Alright, you're free to go!" The nurse says. "Thanks for taking such good care of us!" I say. "Oh yeah, it's my job! And it's my pleasure and joy taking care of the mommy and baby." She says. We put our babies in their carriers, and on our way out we go. When we get outside, a Ladybug flew and landed on Luna's head. I take a picture. Then, we strap the babies in their car seats, nice and securely. We also put the safety blankets on them, with their stuffed animals underneath the blanket. Now, we are on the way home. They look so peaceful. "Hey, do you want something to go? We can get any food you want." Conan says. "Oooh! Something that sounds SO incredible right now are some Chocolate chip Pancakes with Bananas on Top!" I say. "Alright!" He says. We head on our way to my favorite place to get pancakes. There's this specific restaurant named Leo's Coney Island that makes really gooey ones. 10 minutes later, we get there. "I would like a full stack of Chocolate chip and banana pancakes, and a side of bacon and Hash Browns please." I say to Conan before he goes inside to make our order. Because I wanted to stay in the car with our babies. "I'll have the biscuit, egg, sausage and cheese sandwich please, with a side of potato skins please. And also a full stack of Chocolate Chip and Banana pancakes, with a side of Hash browns and Bacon please, and I'd like that to go." Conan says to the lady. 10 minutes Later he comes out with the food. "OOOOHHH YAYYYY!" He gets in the car and I say, "oh my god, it smells SO amazing! I can't wait to eat it!" "Good, I'm glad. Mine smells pretty good too." He says.  We get out of the restaurant parking lot, and continue our drive back home.  Within 10 minutes, we pull into the driveway of our home.  "Ahhh, home at last.  Home sweet home."   I say, feeling very relaxed.  "Yeah, it's really nice.  It feels really good to be back home finally.  But it was worth it to make sure you, and the babies are safe."  Conan says.  "Oh yeah, Definitely!"  I agree.  We unbuckle the babies, grab the carriers, and take them inside.  "I'll be right back, babe.  I'm just gonna get the bag that we packed for the Hospital.  And our food of course."  Conan tells me.  "Okay, thank you."  "You're welcome."   He comes back in with it 2 minutes later.  I grab the plates, and forks and knives.  That way we could eat instantly.  I lift half the stack of pancakes onto the plate, and set out my Hash browns next to them.  I take my first bite.  "Ohh, my god this is so good!  How's yours?"  "Mine is great! I'm glad you're enjoying yours."  Conan says.  "And I'm glad you're enjoying yours.  Thank you SO much for offering to get something to eat."  I say, feeling very appreciative.   "Yeah, I figured, you know, we're both tired.  I'm thinking the LAST thing either of us want to do today is cook!"  "You know me so well.  Lol.  I was literally thinking that on the way home.  A sandwich for dinner would be fine.  Something I don't have to actually COOK!  Or maybe I could even have the leftovers of this for dinner."  We continue eating, in silence.  When we're done, we put the rest of our food back in their to go containers, and put them in the fridge for later. "Mmm, thanks again so much for that delicious food!" I say, very grateful. "You're welcome love. I'm so glad you enjoyed yours! I enjoyed mine as well, and it was very filling." He says. "Good! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yours too!" I say back. We record the babies. And we play with them. I shake the Our sons foot very Gently. "Look at the little feet! Oh they're so cute!" I say, in a voice that people typically talk to babies in. Then Conan and I both aggressively kiss the toes, while still recording. They both laugh hard. It's adorable and hilarious! We both laugh and smile wide at each other, as we are laying on the floor, hoisted up halfway, like a seal. Then he leans in to kiss me. I lean back in, and we're still smiling just as wide when we pull away from the kiss. "Gosh, we have SUCH adorable, funny kids! And I cannot believe we made them!" "I know! WE DID THAT!" I say. "And we DID it well." He says, grinning. "Yes we sure did!" I say, grinning back. We keep laying there, smiling like fools. And we just get lost in love. With each other, and the babies. Especially the fact our babies were made, FROM our love. It truly is a beautiful thing for so many reasons! Then Conan talks to them, and they smile. "AWW! Look they're SMILING! They remember your voice from when they were in my tummy!" "I'm gonna CRY that's so cute!" He says. We keep playing and interacting with and talking to them. Soon, the day has flown by. It's already over. It's time for bed. At least for the babies. I pout. "Conan, I don't want to let them out of my sight! Not like I'm afraid something will happen. I just am so attached!" I say. "I know! Same here! It's gonna be so hard!" "I think especially for me, because they GREW INSIDE Me, which you can't get closer than that. And then been in a room with them for the past 3 days. Now 4. 3 days in the hospital, and today, being home with them." I point out. "Yeah, because I don't want to leave them, but I do think you're right, that it will be harder for you to separate yourself from them."