Day trip to San Antonio, Texas

After a relaxing day yesterday, we are well rested enough, that we were able to get up at 6:45.  We slept later this time, because it's also not as far as the other city we visited the other day.  It's only 1 hour and 38 minutes away.  It starts with us waking up to our alarms, and I get my lotion on.  Ashley was using the bathroom first.  So Conan and I got dressed, and got the babies ready.  We put lotion on both babies, like responsible parents.  We then changed their diapers and We got them dressed.  At this point, Ashley got done in the bathroom.  She goes to get dressed, and while she does that, Conan and I head in, to brush our teeth and hair.  We were out within 5 minutes.  I do the same as the other day, packed the backpack.  With plenty of Diapers, the lotion bottle for reapplying if needed.  Some snacks, extra clothes, and all the essentials.  "Hey, good thing we got those Buc-ee beanies.  I should wear a hat, so they should to.  I have to wear one every time before I step outside."  I say.  "Yeah, so that's really good."  Conan says.  I didn't even think about that until the day after the Buc-ee visit.  I just thought they were cute, and would look cute on them."  "You're such a good mama."  Conan says, smiling at me.  "Aww thanks!  And you're such a good Dadda."  I tell him.  "Thank you baby."  Conan says.  "You're welcome."  I say.  So before heading outside, I put the beanies on their heads.  We all head out to the car, and buckle them up.  Then we all get in and buckle ourselves up.  Conan gets the key in ignition, turns the air on, and lastly, connects his phone to the radio. 
       "Alright, here we go!  Are we ready?"  Conan asks.  "Yes, I'm SO ready!  This'll be so fun!"  I say.  "Yeah, anytime we go to a city in Texas, there's no doubt we'll have a great time!  I'm sure we could never be disappointed."  Ashley says.  "That's true, I don't see any city disappointing us.  It could happen, but unlikely.  Biggest chances are it won't Happen."  Conan says.  "I see what you did there... cause everything's bigger in Texas!"  Ashley says.  "Yeahhh, you got it!"  Conan says.
When we first got there, we looked at the things we could do there. "Hmm, let's see, they have a lot of cool things." Conan says. We look at the map/brochure and what peaked my interest was the Japanese Tea Garden! It has a river, A Pagoda, and A Cafe! "Oooh! Can we please go there first? It is morning. Tea has caffeine. And I think it would be super cool and relaxing to sit at a cafe, outdoors, surrounded by the amazing nature." I say. "That sounds Perfect!  I'm all in, how about you Ashley?"  Conan asks.  "I think it sounds fantastic!"  Ashley agrees.  "Alright, Japanese Tea Garden it is!  First stop!  Let's see... it's 35 minutes away from here."   Conan says, googling it.  He asks Siri to give instructions.  "YAY!  I'm so excited!"  I say.  I smile really wide.  "This is gonna be so awesome!  I've had the best vacation EVER here, and we've only been here 5 days!  With these fun filled days though, it feels like it's been longer.  And that is a very good thing.  Texas just has SO much to offer!  Which is great for visitors."  I say.  "I'm really glad you're enjoying your time in Texas.  I know I've said this multiple times, but it just makes me so happy!  I'm enjoying this too!"  Conan says with a smile as well.  So we head on our way.  There's a road that goes between woods.  Like a path.  So gorgeous!  It goes a little bit up hill, and curves.  It's like this from 10 minutes on the way, leading to the Place. We pull up at the top of the hill, and park just around the corner from it. I'm just in Aww from the beauty! It's so different when you get to see it in person, rather than just a couple pictures in a brochure. The pictures just don't do the place justice. "Wowww! This is stunning! I'm excited to drink the Tea as we enjoy the view." I say. "Yeah, I love this! It was an excellent choice!" Conan says.  We take our phones out to take a few pics. We take some in front of the sign, and of the sign. Then we all start walking. We wanted to take the stairs, but we were pretty sure that would not be good for the babies to have constant bumps bouncing them around. So we just took a stone bridge path. Which was equally gorgeous. I love the architecture of the stairs though. But we can walk up the steps when the kids are old enough to not need a stroller. Cause even if they're 3 or 4, and too young to walk real far, we could pick them up and carry them. At the beginning of the stone bridge path, there's just a bunch of pretty grass and flowers. But once we get to the middle, there's a pond that runs underneath it. It's all throughout the stone path. And also grass and flowers, And trees of bright green all around. You'd really have to see it for yourself to really understand the true beauty. You could probably at least picture it. But just like the Brochure, I am thinking I won't be able to do this place justice with the explanation of everything. I hope I do at least a decent job though. We eventually reach a building. It's the place that sells the tea. We go in, and order our drinks and treats. And they will serve us! So we went outside to take in the beauty, and wait for our drinks. I ordered a cup of Mugicha Tea. It's made with roasted Barley, that's been infused with water, for a smooth taste, with no bitterness! Conan got the Gobocha. It's made out of Roasted Burdock root. Which gives it an earthy flavor, similar to that of Mushroom broth. It has a smooth texture, and unique flavor. Ashley decided to get the Hojicha tea. Which sounded delicious! The ingredients were also roasted. The ingredients are tea stems and tea leaves. They bring the drinks out. It took about 10 minutes because it was all freshly prepared. They also prepared a basket of Cookies. And an array of goodies.
We all take pictures, cause that's what People do nowadays. But honestly, it's too good and beautiful not to take a picture of and post later! Some cookies included some kind of Oreo. They were thin, and has kind of a floral taste to it. That seems to makes sense with Tea. And some butter cookies, some cookies with Matcha Icing, and matcha powder to top it off. There was also some Baklava, as well as this treat that is chewy, similar to the texture of Mochi ice cream. But it was a little bit gummier, and had matcha powder. It was green all throughout. That tasted a lot like Green tea. So I think it was made of that, and dusted with Matcha powder. "Wow, this is so incredible! A great experience! With great tea and treats! I'm excited because we're not even half way through this place! So there's still a long way to go. And I love the fact we can enjoy this nature while sipping on some tea. It just has a whole new feeling because of the fact that it's not an indoor cafe. They have outdoor seating too! Where you can take in the nature all around you!" I say, in a quiet voice, trying to just enjoy it. I'm admiring it. "I agree, and of course the Tea comes from leaves and roots, which is also in nature. And they don't add sugar over here, unlike when they're from stores, they do. So it's all natural. Obviously sugar is natural. But what's great is that they don't ADD sugar. Whatever is in it in its plain form, is the amount that's in the tea. So we're not only taking in the nature, sight wise. We're also LITERALLY taking nature into our bodies, by drinking tea. I feel very at peace. And my soul feels very pure and happy. Very calm as well. It's just an over all incredible place and experience!" Conan says. "That's exactly how I've felt from the moment we got here! And this just makes my soul happy! I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by trees and plants, and everything here. I love that the stairs are made out of the stone that this place has. In other words, I love the landscaping and Architecture here!  And yeah, I love the fact that we are actually quite literally taking in nature."  I say.  "Nothing beats being in nature.  It's just so peaceful."  Ashley says.  "Exactly.  It just really always seems to really relax my mind."  I say.  "Yeah, there's something about it that can really take away all worries."  Ashley says.  "Oh yeah!  There's been some times where I was worried about things, then we go to the cottage up north, and it all goes away immediately.  Nothing but happy, good thoughts. You should come with Conan and I next time we go." I say. "Awww, thanks so much! I appreciate the invite! Let me know ahead of time, so I can plan." Ashley says.  "You're welcome!  We'd love for you to come!  And alright, we will let you know."  I say. "Well you have no idea how much it means to me to be invited. I feel included! And we barely know each other!" Ashley says. "Well, you and Conan are very close, and you're a very kind person! And it makes me happy that I am able to make you feel included. You should." "Right back at ya!" Ashley says back to me. "Well thank you!" I say, smiling. "You're welcome!" "I think it would be very fun! I am thoroughly enjoying my time here in Texas! And the fact we're bonding and spending quality time together!" I say.
So we sat for a bit, slowly sipping our tea, and munching and crunching the cookies in front of us. "I saw when we walked in, they have bags of tea, and cookies. What do you say we each buy a bag of tea, and we each buy a bag of assorted Cookies? We can each have our own. We could of course also share tea." I say. "That sounds great! Because they do have quality tea. And their freshly made cookies are all delicious! I think that's a great idea!" Conan says. "YEEEESSSSS!" I exclaim with excitement. "Alright, let's go!" Conan says. So we get back in the cafe, this time to purchase the large bags of ground tea, and assorted cookies. Conan really liked the tea he bought. So of course, it's always a good idea to get what you know you like. So he bought a bag of the Gobocha. And then I bought the kind I ordered a cup of, and same with Ashley with hers. We grabbed our cute little bags. Kinda like a goodie bag. We paid for it, then on our way we go to continue walking along the beautiful path.
We go up a curvy path that runs on the side of the cafe and goes far back. There, ahead, we see a statue, and some pretty amazing architectural buildings. They were made of rocks, and pebbles. We could only see from a bit back. We weren't there yet. 15 minutes into the walk from the cafe, we finally reached the statue. I'm which I had Conan stop for some pics. Because it was like a human with a bird beak on its face. And Conan's album is called "Kid Krow". So it made me think of that. So he did stop for pics. I took the pictures on my phone, then he asked me to take pics with his phone. Then Ashley took some with her phone. Then we took a selfie of all of us in front of the statue, I was in the front, to get everyone, and the statue. I have an idea for an instagram caption later: "Family of Crows!" then we were ready to keep walking.
Soon, we got up to one of the buildings made of stone. It's not exactly a building. I can't think of what it's called. But it's super cool! And the roof is supported by narrow, wooden planks. That's pretty much it. But my god is it gorgeous! There's a thing in the middle, with spaces to go in, in the middle of the building. We take some pics in it, and all that. Then we continue walking. When we left the stone building, it lead us straight to a wooden plank, hanging but stable bridge. At the end of it, We found a waterfall. It's very thin. Not like your average waterfall. Very pretty regardless. Different is beautiful! We saw everything we could. Because of the fact with the stroller, we couldn't go up any steps. And started to head back.  We enjoyed the view back, and admired it just as much as when we first walked through here, coming the other way.  A couple hours later, we got out of the Tea Garden, and loaded up the car.  You know, we get the stroller in the trunk, once getting the babies out, and folding it.  And we put the big bags of coffee in the trunk as well.  But before we actually go, on the way back home, we need to go to the bathroom, and change the babies diapers.  Thankfully their diapers didn't leak through, to their clothes.  I sigh.  "It is a real pain in the butt Traveling with a baby.  Especially 2.  That makes it even harder.  But it's okay, because they're worth it, and I wouldn't trade this for the world.  But also, is it wrong of me to complain about that?"  I tell Conan.  "No, baby.  It is not wrong of you to say.  And you did say you wouldn't trade it for the world.  So it means it's a pain in the butt, but it's okay because you love them.  Remember, we've talked about this before.  Sometimes, it will be tough.  And I very much agree that it's a little bit inconvenient at times, during this trip.  Because you gotta change their diaper enough to avoid leaking, and how on the way up, we stopped in to pee, at a fast food restaurant.  But then, that meant we had to change their diapers too.  And then they had to eat right after, so we had to sit there for a good 10 or 15 minutes.  And it's okay to feel that way.  It doesn't make you a bad mom, or me a bad dad because I'm complaining about it."  Conan says.  I smile.  "Thank you, baby!  I figured you'd say that it is not wrong of me. But it's always great to hear your reassuring words." I say. "Of course! I will always be here to reassure you, that you are a great mom!" Conan says. "I know, and I appreciate that!" I say. So we go in the restrooms, change the diapers, do our business, then leave. We get the babies secure in their car seats, then we get ourselves buckled up, and we were finally ready to head back to Ashley's house. "Alright, are we all set to go?" Conan asks. "Yep!" Ashley and I both say. "Okay, let's go!" Conan says, Putting the key in ignition. Then he shifts into drive.
It was a nice, quiet trip home. The babies were asleep within 5 minutes of driving, as usual, and they slept all the way through the drive. They woke up due to us picking them up when taking them out of their car seat. Then they start crying, because they were woken up. They also seemed a little hungry, so when we get inside, we go lay down in bed, and I sit here nursing them. They started to slowly closing their eyes. So I took their mouths off of my nipples, and laid them in their cribs very carefully, careful to not disturb them again. I then kiss their tiny foreheads, and then rub their foreheads with the palm of my arms. Then I crawl into bed, and wrap my arms around him, and laid my head against his chest. "I just realized, I didn't wrap my arm across your back, like you asked the other night." I say. "Oh yeah. I completely forgot I even ever asked you. I think we were so exhausted. I did mean it though." Conan says. So I started with my wrist and hand laying on his middle back. Then a few minutes later, I placed my fingertips on his shoulder, and the palm of my hand against his shoulder blade. He leaned his head, into my neck. I liked the feeling of him breathing. It was a soothing feeling, and I kinda got the cute butterflies and chills. My breath kinda shutters because of how much I loved that feeling. Soon after, we fell asleep.