Babies first Doctor Appointment

Today is a very big, and exciting but also nerve racking day.  Today is the day our babies have their first check up with the Doctor!  At the age of 3 months!  Today, the doctor will take note of their development skills.  In addition to that She'll most importantly check their health.  Make sure they're good and healthy.  The appointment is in 2 hours.  But obviously it takes time for us to get them ready, so We has to disrupt their sleep.  Conan and I woke up at 9:15.  So we could be ready by 10:00.  Now, it is 11:00.  The babies slept in today!  So that's great!  And they even slept through the night!  Well, Almost.  They woke up at 4:30 needing food and a diaper change.  So Conan and I took care of that.  But we finished soon and rocked them back to sleep.  They were back asleep within 10 minutes.  So then we went back to bed.  Which was nice.  I feel wide awake today too.  So that's really good.  When we wake them up, we feed them.  Because it has been since 4:30 in the morning.  Almost 7 hours. We leave their pajamas on and put a bib on while they eat.  So they don't make a mess over Their clothes we decide for them to wear today.  I chose a Light Blue Onesie with a Bear in the middle, for Conan Jr., and A light Pink Onesie, with a Ladybug on it for Luna.  And of course I need to actually double layer them.  So I grab sweatpants for on top of the Onesie, And I put puffy coats on them and beanies as well.  And of course gloves.  You know the daily routine with the Babies.  The most important being applying lotion.  So, we got all ready and pack into the car, and head on our way to the doctors! I take a picture of the babies in the back seat. I post on Facebook and Instagram: "Today's a very big day! It's their very first check up, at the age of 3 months! Will give updates! 👏🏻🙏🏻👍🏻😊 We're hoping it goes well!" Lots of people wish us good luck in the Comments. The Doctors office is 15 minutes away from our house.  Which is super convenient!  Especially if we need to make an emergency trip.  Like if one of them is extremely sick or something.  Or hurt.  I hope neither of those things happen.  But it's bound to happen sometimes.  Even though I hate the thought of that. My point is, at least it's close. So we don't have to drive 45 minutes or something to see what's wrong. Besides, of course we'd have to sit in the waiting room. So I'd rather be seen by the doctor within a half hour, than an hour, because a long drive, and 15 minutes in the waiting room. 
    Soon, we arrive.  We sit in the waiting room, and we have to fill out the forms for the babies.  I fill out Luna's, and Conan Fills out Conan Jr.'s.  That takes about 20 minutes, because they needed a lot of questions answered.  It's 5 pages of questions.  About family health history and other basic, important things.  We turned in the papers, to the lady behind the desk.  Shortly after that, the Doctor calls us back.  "Luna and Conan Jr." She says.  We stand up.  "This is Conan Jr."  I say.  Then I say "And this is Luna."  The doctor smiles and looks at them.  "Well hello There!  It's so nice to meet you two lovely babies!  I love your names!"  The babies automatically get a wide smile and giggle.  "Yeah!  I'm your doctor!"  She tells them.  The whole time she talks to them, she used a high pitch voice that all people use around Babies.  "Well come on back, follow me into room 5."  The doctor says.  So we do.  We set the babies down in their car seats, so the doctor could examine just them.  Not with us holding them.  First, they check their weight.  "They seem to be Weighing in well.  They're showing proper weight gain.  That's good progress.  Luna weighs 24.7 pounds, and Conan Jr. weighs in at just above that.  He comes in at 25 exact pounds. They can now start eating more solid food."  They're growing nice and tall it seems already." She checks their eyes. "Okay, follow my finger with your eyes." She tells them. Conan Jr. does it really well! So does Luna. "Okay... Excellent!" She says, writing stuff down.  Then she tests their reflexes.  She has a tool that looks like a hammer, but it's rubber.  And has a rubber Elephant at the top that squeaks.  When she hits Conan Jr.'s knees, he instantly reacts and cries.  I think he just didn't expect it.  Luna took a Few seconds to react.  "Luna seems a little delayed.  But that's not unusual."  She says.  "That's good.  I mean I even have slow reactions."  I say.  Then, she looks in their mouth.  "I see 3 teeth in Conan Jr.!  That's great!  Now, I remember when you called me telling me he had teeth growing in."  The nurse says.  "Yeah, but I only knew about the one at the time, then I saw the second one.  Now there's a third one?!"  I say.  "Yep!  It's right here."  She lifts his upper lip up and it irritates his gums, so he screams and cries.  "Ohhh, Poor Baby, can I soothe him?"  I ask.  "Yeah, sure!  While you calm him down I can examine Luna, and finish up her check up.  Then we'll finish Conan Jr.'s.  "I'm sorry baby.  You're okay.  You're doing great!  We're almost done, sorry your gums hurt."  I say.  He starts drooling and biting down on my shoulder.  I bounce him up and down and rock him from side to side.  I also rubbed his back and head soothing him as I rock him back and forth slowly.  Soon, he calms down.  "Alright, are you ready?  I promise she means well.  You're almost done."  I tell Conan Jr.  I set him back down in the carrier and the doctor continues with the examination.  The rest of it goes really well.  Conan Jr. only shed a few single tears, but he was not screaming or sobbing or anything like that.  "This was an excellent check up! I look forward to meeting again in the future!" The nurse says. "I look forward to the next check up to meet with you as well! I'm very pleased that you are the doctor to our babies. You're really great at what you do." "Well thank you for that! I appreciate you telling me I'm doing a good job as a doctor. And you can always call me if you're concerned or anything. I will be here for you day or night. It doesn't matter. Even when I'm sleeping, I'll wake up and answer the phone." "I appreciate that so much! I'm happy to know you will always be here, and you're just a phone call away. No matter what time. That's amazing! I don't know any other doctor or nurse who would do that! I'm gonna cry!" I say, tearing up. "Ohhh, it's no problem! I can ease your fears that you may feel during motherhood, and Lift you up when you're feeling down." She says, giving me a side hug. "I just can't explain how grateful I am for that! Also, can we get a selfie together? I would like to post it and give a positive review." I say. "Sure! That's so sweet of you!" She says smiling wide. I then wipe my tears away. "Okay. Ready?" I ask. "Yep! Let's get a selfie!" She says. So she smiles wide and I smile too, giving a thumbs up. "Okay, that looks great!" I say, looking at the picture. "I agree! Really Nice picture!" She says. So Conan and I get out to the car and buckle the babies in their car seats. We then get in the front. He drives and I get in the passenger seat. I post on Facebook and Instagram: "First appointment went really well! A really good check up! We look forward to another visit! It definitely helps that Dr. Graham is really awesome at what she does.  We recommend her to any parents of newborns.  Or children of any age, who's looking to change doctors."  I hit post. 
     Soon, we are home, and it is time to feed the babies!  I fix them a bowl of mashed bananas.  We set them up in their high chairs.  Luna waves her arms and bang them on the table.  She got so excited!  "Are you excited to try new foods?"  I ask them.  They wave their arms a little more fast and aggressively, as I prepare the spoon.  Luna keeps doing that and she opens her mouth wide and closes it on the spoon.  She stops moving her arms as she took a bite.  Her eyes get wide.  Then she waves her arms up and down aggressively again.  That's her way of begging for more.  I get another spoonful, and give it to her, the same thing happens. "Ooooh, You like that?" I ask, smiling wide. "Are you getting this?" I ask Conan. "Yes I am. It's too freaking adorable! I'm happy I started recording!" Conan says. "Me too! I can't wait to watch this video over and over again." I say. Conan Jr. doesn't have as big of a reaction. At least not with facial expressions. But whenever I would go to spoon feed Luna, Conan Jr. actually grabbed the mashed bananas with his hands and put it in his mouth. Conan and I laugh. "Okay! Noted! They both are HUGE fans of Bananas! I don't know who loves it more!" I say. "I can't tell either! But the thing that matters is the fact they're enjoying it in the first place." Conan says. "Yeah, definitely! I'm SO Excited! They love it! I can't wait to give them other foods to see their reactions!" I say enthusiastically. "I know, same! It'll probably be just as entertaining every single time." Conan says. "Yeah, I wonder how they'll react to stuff they DON'T like. That will be funny! But in general it will be exciting to see them like foods. And to let them TRY new foods is so exciting all on its own!" I say. "Oh yeah! I totally feel the excitement!" Conan says. They finish their food, and Conan and I eat our food. On the way here, I had Conan get McDonald's for us. He got a Big Mac and a medium fry, and I got a regular cheeseburger, Fries, and a large Oreo McFlurry. We enjoy that as we watch Episodes of The Pink Panther. And then we put on The Aristocats as well at one point.  Conan and I even play RockBand4.  To put on a fun little concert for the babies.  We take turns with singing and Playing the Guitar.  "I think it would be really cool if they would put CheckMate on here.  I would love to play it on the drum set.  Although I'd probably be REALLY bad.  Last time I played drums it was very complicated.  I also used to be horrible at Guitar.  But I got used to it with practice.  Drums will be a bit harder to master.  Or even get a little better at.  I can't hit the middle of the pad on the drums.  Especially when I'm paying attention to the screen in front of me to see the notes I have to hit.  I don't have very good hand eye coordination skills.  That's part of the problem. I can look straight at the middle of the drums after a song ends, for practice, and I STILL miss it.  lol.  But I would love to try the drums.  We should save up and get a set of the RockBand4 drums.  Maybe 2 sets.  That way when we have guests over, we can have a whole band.  Like, 2 people playing the Drums, Maybe 2 playing Guitar, or one playing Guitar and another using a guitar to play Bass.  And then we'd have one person singing."  I say.  "That sounds really fun!  I would enjoy that!  Just the thought of  it is really awesome.  And also, not even when we have guests!  It can be for us, and the kids when they become older."  I say getting even more excited.  "THAT sounds GREAT!  It sounds even better!  Get them into music.  We already are.  But you know, we can help their love for music grow."  Conan says, also getting excited.  I smile and say "Yeahhh, Exactly!  I'm so excited!  We'll be a rock family!"  I say.  "We should message RockBand4 on twitter, and ask how many votes in a poll we'd have to get, to get CheckMate on there for them to actually do it.  Enough people follow me that huge fans will vote.  It's not like I'm some random person who has a couple hundred followers that don't like a single tweet."  Conan says.  "YES!  OMG Please do that!  Right now!  And then we'll continue playing songs on RockBand4 while we wait for a response."  I say.  So he quickly hops onto twitter and DM's the RockBand4Official Twitter.  "Hi.  How many retweet's/responses do I need in order for you to put my songs on RockBand4?"  Conan asks.  Then he shuts off his phone and we continue rocking out.  We play songs like "One Way Or Another", "Every Breath You Take", "Here I Go Again", "Shadows Of The Night", "Promises In The Dark", and many more!  Hours pass!  They responded to Conan saying "Hi.  You'll need 5,142 retweets, and at least 100 comments.  And if you do a poll type thing, you need at least 85% to vote yes."  They say.  So Conan makes the tweet.  He says "So, @RockBand4Official says that if this gets 85% of votes that say Yes, 100 comments, and 5,142 retweets, they'll put my songs on The Game!  You Maniacs can surely do it!  SO..... Do you want the songs on the Xbox game?"  He tweets.  Then he gets off his phone while the twitter Stans work their magic.  Meanwhile, we feed the babies.  This time, I decide we'll give them mashed steamed Carrot, with brown sugar mixed into it.  Just a teaspoon.  Conan prepares a dessert for them, while I feed them.  For dessert, they're going to have Yogurt with puréed strawberries! OHH it's gonna be so good! I might fix myself a bowl of that! No reason to be jealous if I can have some too. It's not baby food that companies make. I did have to find a Sugar free yogurt. That was hard to find. But I did find one. They enjoy the steamed carrots with the Brown sugar. Not like they enjoyed the bananas. But they did enjoy it. They ate every bit of it. "Was that Good?" I ask the babies. "Well now it's time for Yogurt with puréed Strawberries!" I say, bringing the bowls to them. They reach their hands out, like "Gimme!" I giggle. "Hold your Longhorns!" Conan says. Instead of horses, because Longhorn rams are Texan. I giggle. "That's right! Manners!" I say, grabbing a spoonful. Luna doesn't make her eyes go wide this time, But I did see pure delight in her eyes. And she smiled too. "Is that Good?!" I ask, smiling. "Mmmmm,MMmmMMM!" She says. "Good! I'm glad you like it!" I say. Then I give some to Conan Jr. he takes one bite and already asks for more, when he didn't even swallow yet. "Well you gotta swallow the first spoonful and then I'll give you another bite." I say. So he swallows. I prepare a spoonful and he reaches his hands out towards the spoon. "You really like this, huh?" I say. So I put the spoonful in his mouth. Then I give him another bite, and go back to feeding Luna. 5 minutes later, they're full. I can tell because I went to give them another bite, but they refused it. So I lift them up out of their high chairs, and we sit back over on the couch for a bit. Soon, it gets around to 7:30. We then decided to bathe the babies, and changed the babies diapers so they have a clean one for the night. We of course put lotion on, to keep their skin nice and soft. We put on a nice cozy pajama outfit on both of them, and we tuck them into their cribs to go to sleep for the night. By this time, it is 8:15. They seem exhausted too. As soon as we lay them down in their cribs, Luna automatically closes her eyes. She forces them open a couple times before finally giving in, and keeps her eyes closed. I gently rub her forehead and kiss it. She smiles, feeling very relaxed.  I watch her slowly fall asleep.  I hear a little tiny snore coming from her.  It is so adorable.  I record just like, 20 seconds of it.  I go over to Conan Jr.'s crib and see that he is still awake.  So I go to rub his forehead and kiss him.  I stand there just like I did for Luna.  He has a much harder time falling asleep.  So I pick him up and rock him back and forth in my arms for a bit.  As I cradle him in my arms, I also rub his cheeks and chin with my fingers.  He smiles and closes his eyes.  I continue cradling him and rubbing his face with my thumbs, until he falls asleep.  By the time he falls asleep, it's 8:45, and as a mom, I'm exhausted.  I've had a long day too.  But it's been a very fun day!  I share videos of the babies eating solid foods for the first time.  "They now can eat Solid foods!  This was a very big, exciting time!  I look forward to every day that they try new foods!"  I hit post.  "YAYYYY for them reaching that Milestone!  Upgrading to Solid foods!  That's incredible!"  One of my friends says in the comments.  I love it and turn off my phone.  "Okay, I'm ready for bed.  Are you gonna come with me?"  I ask.  "Of course!  I'm personally not tired right now.  But I'm not just gonna let you sleep in bed all alone.  I'll stay up watching TV and cuddle with you."  Conan says.  I smile.  "I love you so much!  You're so sweet!"  I say. So we turn off the TV in the living room, and head to our room, and turn ON the TV in there, for Conan to watch. I enjoy climbing into bed and enjoying the cuddles. Shortly after, I fell asleep.