Jamaica Beach, Texas!

It is currently 5:45 in the morning.  We are going on a trip to enjoy the beautiful beach called Jamaica Beach! I'm exhausted but it's gonna be worth it. From GeorgeTown Texas, which is we are, to Jamaica Beach, Texas, is FOUR (4) HOURS and ONE MINUTE! The heck? Literally HOW? Texas is SO huge! Every city is HOURS away from each other. In Michigan, yeah, there's Traverse City, which is hours away. But there are usually cities close by each other. Not in Texas. They're all hours apart. Like wow. I honestly don't know why I'm so surprised at this point. We've been here over a week. You'd think I'd learn by now.  But alas I haven't.  Thankfully we got to bed soon enough last night.  We made sure to get home, around 7:45 last night, to go to bed by 8:30.  So we got 8 hours of sleep.  That's plenty.  Although regardless, waking up at 4:45 in the morning, makes us so tired.  But we'll survive.  I can get by on 2 and a half hours of sleep.  It's Happened before.   We practically roll ourselves out of the bed though.  I'm already feeling bad that I'm gonna have to wake the babies up so early.  But they have a bit of time to sleep still.  Since we have to get ourselves ready.  And again, they will sleep in the car.  They seem to always do that.  So I really don't need to feel bad.  Mom guilt can be easy to get. 
      We make our way into the bathroom, brush our teeth, get dressed, and all that.  I of course made sure to get lotion on in every single spot of skin that's exposed to the sun.  We pack our swimsuits, extra lotion, some towels, sunglasses... "Hey Conan, I think a sun hat would be best for The beach.  But I don't want to wear it in the car.  Can I borrow your Blue hat with the Red C on it?  For the car ride?"  I ask.  "OF COURSE, Darling!  Take whatever hat you want!  I brought up a few.  I'll probably wear my black hat with the gold Ram on the front."  Conan says.  "Thank you, baby! I appreciate it.  I brought a few of my own as well, but I really feel like wearing one of your hats."  I say, smiling.  He smiles just as wide, because of the fact I want to use his hats.  "Anytime!  It. Makes me happy that you want to wear something of mine."  Conan says.  I smile.  Time to wake the babies up.  I pout.  "I don't wanna wake the babies up.  They're sleeping so peacefully.  I hate disrupting their sleep."  I tell Conan.  "I know, baby.  They might be upset for a few minutes, but not for long.  Because they'll get over it when you present your boobs to them.  And they can sleep in the car.  You know they will."   Conan says.  I laugh when he says they'll get over it when I present them my boobs.  "Lol, you crack me up.  The comment about me bringing out my boobs.  I mean yeah, it sure is a good way to make up for waking them up.  And yes I do know that they will sleep in the car.  I already thought about that.  But I still feel guilty.  But that guilt will go away once they fall back asleep in the car."  I say.  "I'm happy to make you laugh at any time.  I love to hear you laugh, and I know cracking a joke, or not necessarily a joke, cause it was kinda true, can help you feel better.  And I'm sorry you feel any guilt at all.  They're gonna be okay.  Besides, they disrupt our sleep all the time back at home.  We can give them a taste of their own medicine."  He grins, because he's trying to make me laugh again.  I just chuckle and smile wide, kinda nodding my head.  "I mean I guess that's true!"  I say, joking.  I no longer feel guilty.  Although I might again when they cry.  I just might cry.  "Ahhh, thanks for making me feel better."  I say.  I get this feeling like I need to laugh.  I keep laughing.  "I love making you laugh when you feel bad about something.  So of course I'm gonna do whatever I can to make you laugh."  Conan says.  "You clearly don't even have to try.  It was pretty instant.  Both of the things that you said.  You're a natural!"  I say.  "Why thank you, my love!"  Conan says.  So, we go over to their cribs, and I sigh, preparing myself for the instant guilt I'll feel when I wake them up and they cry.  "Good morning Babies, it's time to wake up!  So we can get back on the road!"  I say, calmly.  They cry of course.  I tear up a bit.  "QUICK!  Show them your boobs!  It always works on me when I'm upset."  Conan says.  So I laugh and the tears go away.  I lift up my shirt and show them.  "Do you want these?"  I ask, giggling.  They keep crying, until I sit down on the bed, and their mouths cling to my nipple.  They suck on it, taking my milk.  Their eye lids are soaked with tears, so I wipe them away, and gently brush my thumb against their hairline, and cheek.  They smile now as they feel my gentle, soothing touch.  Plus, they're enjoying my fresh breast milk, right from the tap.  No bottle.  My actual boobs.  I feel good again.  I smile as I see them smiling.  "Yayyy!  They're not so upset!"  I say to Conan.  "See?  I told you the boob trick would work!  Who could resist those?  Especially babies.  The best way to receive breakfast.  For me, it's the look of them.  And playing with those squishy things."  Conan says.  I smile like a fool, because he keeps making me be in a laughing mood.  Seconds later I burst out laughing.  "I'm glad my boobs can satisfy my 3 babies.  2 of my babies in different ways.  And for my adult baby, I can satisfy you by the looks and feel."  I say.  I keep gently stroking their cheeks and top of their heads with my thumb, as I support them, with my other arm.  They eventually finish eating, and we change their diapers, and clothes.  Put on their lotion, and all the daily routines.  Conan thinks and says "I'm wondering if we should stay the night at a hotel or something, Because that's far.  I don't think we're gonna wanna Drive for a total of 8 hours, plus walking and swimming."  Conan says.  "I like that idea.  We have to make sure they accept animals though.  So we can take the Quolls with us so we can take care of them."  I say.  "Yeah good idea.  And Ashley could bring her cat."  Conan says.  So he calls a place.  They accept animals, so we booked a night at a cute rental home/ Air bnb Literally right by the beach!  It has a beach front.  We grab the cage of Quolls, and Ashley puts her cat in its cage.  "You're such a good girl!"  Ashley tells her cat.  "She doesn't mind being in her cage!  She's a very good girl!  And I'm glad she doesn't mind it.  Because I'd feel like a bad owner making her get in it."  Ashley says.  "Yeah, It's hard to do stuff like that.  Like they don't like it, but they have to.  It would be horrible if she didn't like it.  Because she'll have to be in there for 5 and a half hours!"  "Yes exactly!  And it's a lot like you with feeling guilt for waking up your babies.  My cat is my baby.  So I'd feel terrible.  I'm sure she'd forgive me though, eventually."  Ashley says.  "Yeah, I'm sure.  Sometimes dogs are mad at their owners after making them go to the vet to get a trim or something.  They might be upset for a few days, but they WILL get over it and forgive you."  "Yeah, but thankfully I don't have to worry about having my cat be mad at me for a few days."  Ashley says.  "Yeah, that's good."  I say. 
     We are now ready to hit the road.  We didn't forget to take the babies waterproof sun hats, or Swimsuits. So we pack up the car, buckle the babies up safely into their seats, and Conan and I get into the front seat, Ashley sits in the back. On our way we go! I take a video getting Ashley in it, the babies, Conan, myself, and a little bit of the road.  I caption it "Roah tripping with my faves!" I post it.  Eeeeeehhhh! SO EXCITING! We turn on Conan's playlist, hook it up to the car, and turn it to a decent volume. Loud enough so we can hear, but quiet Enough that the babies can sleep. We gave them their security blankets to help them sleep even better. Within 10 minutes, they are already sleeping. I take a pic on Snapchat of them and say "they're passed the frick out. We're on our way to Jamaica Beach. We're up bright and early!" I post it.  And I just enjoy the ride.  "I'm excited to spend the day at Jamaica beach!"  Ashley says.  "Same!  I bet it will be really nice!"  I say.  "I look forward to seeing you in your Buc-ee's bikini!  It's gonna look so sexy on you!  Conan says.  "I'm excited to wear it too!  It's so cute!"  I say. "Yeah, just like You!" Conan says, and leans in to give me a quick peck on the lips. I smile. "Thank you. Likewise baby. Right back at ya!" I say. "Thank you! You're the cutest!" Conan says. "Uno Reverse Card." I say. "Well thanks. But I beg to differ." Conan says. "Ohhhh my gosh I am so looking forward to the beautiful view we'll get at the air BNB! I know we've gotten plenty of sun in the activities the past almost 2 weeks. But something about soaking up the sun at the beach feels so different! It's a different atmosphere. It feels more pure!" I say. "I can agree to that! I mean, you have a lake at the cottage up north. And that feels very pure. But also, that is surrounded by trees. The beach is not. I think with the cottage, being surrounded by woods, makes it more peaceful. The beach, shall feel even more pure! It's nothing but sand and water." Conan says. "Yeah! Exactly! You get me! Oh now I'm even more excited!" I say. "Good! I am excited too! Soak up those rays! And even when we're not, we'll have the beautiful beach view! The Air BNB Is literally right on the beach!" Conan says. "I know! It's gonna feel really different. Good different!" I say.  "Yeah!  It really purifies the happiness of the mind and soul."  Conan says.   I smile.  "Yeah, it absolutely does!"  I say.  I smile as I daydream about Jamaica beach. 
An hour and a half goes by, and Conan asks: "Hey, what do you guys feel like having for breakfast?"  Conan asks.  "Hmm... I kinda feel like having Pancakes or something like that."  Ashley says.  "I would like the same thing!  Pancakes, French Toast, or Waffles."  I say.  "Okay.  I was thinking one of those things as well."  Conan says.  So we go to a restaurant Called "Charlie's Family Dining!" "This looks like a nice place for breakfast. What do you think?" Conan asks. "I think I agree." Ashley and I both say in Unison. "Okay. Let's go get some good food! I've heard this place has really good reviews!" Conan says. We all unbuckle, and unbuckle the babies. We left the air on in the car for the cat and Quolls. It's important. Especially in Texas. It is so hot in Texas. Although it's actually pretty cool at the moment. In the 70's. But still. It's good to make sure the animals don't get overheated. We go in and it's pretty busy right now. But We get a seat instantly. "Hi, welcome to Charlie's Family Dining!" The lady says, with the biggest smile ever. She has dark brown hair, and she's holding 3 menus. She said "follow me." So we do, and we get a booth. "Would you like a high chair for the babies?" She asks. "Yes that would be great!" I say. So she goes to get them, and we start to look at the menu. The lady comes back, and she takes our drink orders. Conan orders caffeinated coffee, I order a hot Chocolate and Ashley orders the same as me. "Do you guys need a few more minutes?" She asks, as she sets up the high chairs. "Yes please." I say. "Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes to check." She says. "Okay great, thanks!" Conan says. "No problem!" The lady says. "Oooh, I've never seen something like this on any menu in other restaurants... I'm gonna go ahead and try the Cinnamon, Brown Sugar French Toast! With Hashbrowns on the side! And some strawberries." I say to Conan. "Oooh, that does sound good!" Conan says. "Yeah it does! I might get that too." Ashley says. "I think I want some waffles." Conan says. The lady comes back, to see if we're ready. So we tell her what we would like, and she puts in our order. "Alright, I'll have that out for you shortly." She says, as she walks away. "Wait, I just realized.... it's fucking DECEMBER! It's so hot in Texas, I forget. Much like Florida. Where people go there in winter time in Michigan, and can swim. But I've heard that Jamaica beach Texas, gets pretty chilly in winter. So we might not be going swimming. We might have to have a slight change of plans. We might have to grab some skates, and go ice skating! Which no complaints. That would honestly be just as beautiful." Conan says. "Oh yeah! There's not even any snow here! Or any of the cities we've been to so far. So it can be hard to tell it's December!" Ashley says. "Yeah, wow! WE'RE GONNA HAVE THE BABIES FIRST CHRISTMAS IN TEXAS!" Conan smiles so wide. And I could see the light in his eyes, which made me smile just as big! "OMG! YEAH!!! Some of the stuff we got the babies from Buc-ee's, we need to wrap for Christmas! So they can have something so exciting to open on Christmas Day!" "Yeah! And we should take a Trip to Buc-ee's on the way to Jamaica beach, to get winter coats and all those important things to keep warm. And we need some stuff so we can be warm as well." Conan says. "That's a good idea!" I say. About 15 minutes later, we get our food. We enjoy it, and pay the bill, leave a tip. We all chip in and give her a big tip. We give her a $45 tip, in the holiday spirit! It felt really good! She was smiling even wider than she already was! "Thank you so much!!! This made my day!" She says. "Get yourself something nice! Or for the family. Whatever you want. It's your tip." "You have jo idea how much this Actually means to me! You guys have a lovely day now." She says. "Thank you, same to you! Take care, and it's our pleasure! Have a merry Christmas." Conan says. We all smile and leave.  I smile and say "wow.  Did you see that huge smile we put on that waitresses face by giving her such a big tip?  That makes me so happy!"  I say.  "Yeah, and it makes me feel really good!"  Ashley says, smiling wide.  "It makes me feel really good as well!  That was a very lovely thing we did!  We made her day!  And probably even made her Christmas!"  Conan says. 
      We get in the car and start continuing on the route to The destination city.  After buckling the babies in their seats of course. We got the music playing again, and all the animals are doing good.
NEXT STOP!: Buc-ee's for winter apparel. We're about 45 minutes from one. So we just enjoy the music. So do the babies. They keep kicking to the beat, and smiling. Ashley was staring at her phone, and I looked outside. I saw a big billboard that brought a huge smile to my face... "Buc-ee's Convenience store! 5 miles!" "Yayyyy! We're almost there!" I shout, getting so excited that I'll see him again. A few minutes later, we arrive. I go up to the Beaver statue, and say "Long Time No see." We go in, and go straight for what we need. 4 winter coats, which have Buc-ee's symbol on it, as well as some ear muffs with his logo on it. "Oooh, what about these thermoses with Buc-ee logo on it? We could use it for hot cocoa to stay warm." I suggest. "Okay, that's a great idea!" He says. We buy little mini mittens for the babies. Pink for Luna, and Green for Conan Jr. we get some Sweatpants, and snowsuits. "Alright. We ready to go?" Conan asks. "Yes." I say. "Yeah, I think we've got everything we needed, and more." Ashley says, nodding. So we pay for everything. The total comes to $48.75. We head out, and head on our way to Jamaica Beach, Texas, officially! No more stops that we know of. There's about an hour and a half left anyways.
The babies ended up falling asleep again, for the whole rest of the way up.  Which I'm very happy about.  Because I felt bad that again, they got their sleep interrupted multiple times.  Once for breakfast an hour and a Half into the road trip, then for Buc-ee's.  They were a good sport the whole time.  They didn't actually get fussy!  They might later though, you never know.  Only time will tell.  We take the backpack and animals and everything in the Air BNB.  Ashley sat in the car while we did that, so she could keep the babies company.  We can't leave them unattended at any moment.  So someone had to stay with them.  "Thank you for keeping the babies company."  I tell Ashley.  "Of course!  No problem!  I love these kids!"  Ashley says.  "You're going to be such an amazing Aunt!  You already Are!"  I say.  "Well thank you, I hope I can be the cool, fun Aunt!"  Ashley says.  "I know you will!  But it might be a tough competition.  Because we've got you, Their Aunt Kris, and Aunt Katie.  Katie is my best friend, like a sister to me.  But our babies will still think you're cool and fun!  They'll probably think that about all their aunts."  I say.  "Yeah, but will I be the COOLEST?"  Ashley asks.  "I don't know.  That's not for us to determine."  I say.  "Yeah, that's true.  But also, I would like to THINK I'm the coolest aunt.  But also, I hope they don't tell me whether or not I am.  Because that would mean they're showing Favoritism."  Ashley says.  "That sounds good.  Just think you're the coolest!  And you will feel like you are."  I say.  "I'm so excited to watch them grow!  And when they are able to build memories with Me.  They won't remember for the first 2 years or so.  Maybe even the first 3 years."   Ashley says.  "I'm very excited for that too.  But I'm gonna enjoy them now.  They say when you have a kid, they're grown up in the blink of an eye."  I say.  "Oh yeah, we definitely will cherish every moment.  And you know how they usually wake you up often in the night back at home?  You're gonna miss those days once they're gone, when they're old enough."  Ashley says.  "That's very wise.  That's probably very true.  Hopefully I won't find that out for a while."  I say.  "Unfortunately it will go by faster than you think."  Ashley says.  "Yeah, unfortunately is right.  But yeah, although I adore them now and wanna soak up every bit of this time while they're young, I can't help but wonder what they'll be like when they're teenagers.  What they'll look like, cause looks change, and what their personalities will be."  say.  "Yeah I understand that, completely!  Watching them reach milestones will also be a lot of fun!  Like when they start walking, talking, being able to feed themselves using a spoon or fork, turning on their belly, and all the other big things."  Ashley Says.  "Ohhh yeah, I'm looking forward to that as well."  I say.  We continued talking for at least a half hour.  It was really nice!  We now get changed into sweatpants and a winter coat, gloves, and earmuffs.  And a hat to go on top of the earmuffs.  Once we're all ready, we get the bundles of joys bundled up in winter clothes.  It's around 26 degrees right now.  The lake is beautiful, it is frozen over.  We see people skating all around it.  It's so beautiful!  We ask some people on the frozen lake, where we can get some Skates.  "There's a Skate shop just around the corner."  A guy says.  "Okay, Great!  Thank you so much!"  So we decide to walk to the place.  We get the babies In their stroller, and go on our way.  It's right behind our BNB.  Well, not right behind it.  But On the other side of the street, there are small shops and businesses, even a couple decent looking restaurants, all kind of attached.  Kinda like a strip mall.  It's one big building, with different stores.  But it's not really a strip mall.  But yeah, very cute place!  We reach the Skate shop.  "Hello, welcome to Skater world!  This is not a rental place.  You can only buy.  So I can assure you, you will not risk getting foot or toe Fungus.  Nobody has put their feet in them.  Except you guys today."  The guy says.  "Okay cool.  That's good.  Because sometimes like bowling, they're rental bowling shoes. So there's a risk of foot fungus."   Conan says.  We all pick out our skates.  We pay, and leave.  "Yay!  This is gonna be so fun!"  I say.  "I know, this is gonna be SO fun!  I'm so excited!"  Conan says.  "And, I have the stroller to keep me supported.  I'm not great at Ice skating."  I say.  "Haha.  Well don't fall.  Especially when you've got the stroller.  We don't wanna tip the stroller over."  He says.  "Yeah, Lol.  I hopefully won't."  I say.  "Hey, is it too cold for the babies?  I mean it's 26 degrees." I ask seriously.  "It should be fine.  We can keep an eye on them, make sure they don't get frostbite or a blue or pale face.  But they shouldn't.  They're all bundled up nice and warm.  They've got scarves, mittens, a winter coat, sweatpants, a beanie, and all the things that should keep them warm."  Conan assures me.  "Okay.  Good.  Thank you for the assurance."  "You're welcome.  I'm always gonna do that when you need it."  Conan says.  "Yeah, you're the best!"  I say.  "And so are you.  You're the best mom and Fiancée, and soon to be wife."  Conan says.  "Yeah.  Also, we need to plan the wedding.  We were gonna have it the day or week after the babies were born.  Then we changed our mind."  I say.  "Yeah, I know.  It can be hard to plan a wedding when pregnant/preparing for a baby.  Because what if the babies had been born late?  So then we'd have to reschedule anyways, because we wouldn't wanna go into labor on our wedding day.  And they came early.  What if we planned it for November 15th, and then they came that day?"  Conan points out.  "Yeah, that's true.  And it doesn't matter.  We don't have to rush.  We'll get married once all the plans are made."  I say.  "Yeah exactly.  As long as we plan on getting married, and we love each other, that's what matters."  "Yeah, exactly!  I agree.  And I am very excited for the day we do get married!"  I say.  "Oh me too, baby!  That's gonna be such a great day!  The day we make the marriage official!"  Conan says. 
      We had a nice conversation, and 10 minutes later, we arrived back at the lake.  Basically natural frozen ice rink at this point.  We sit down in some beach chairs, and put on our ice skates.  "Okay, Let's go!"  We all shout.  We slowly and carefully make our way to the lake.  Cause you know, skates.  They're scary.  We got to the lake, and I felt very comfortable.  I didn't really feel that scared.  Conan kinda shows off.  He acted scared, but he also was skating like he is a professional!  Twirling around majestically, and jumping in the air, and making such cool moves!  "WOOOHHH!  YOU GO BABY!"  I say, cheering him on, feeling quite impressed.  Meanwhile I was being very slow.  Cautiously skating.  Then Ashley offers to take the stroller, so I could go skate with Conan.  "Oh, I don't know.  Only if Conan comes to me, and he grabs my hand.  There is no way I'm going to skate to him, with nothing to support me."  I say.  "I'll come over to you, baby."  Conan says, hearing me say that.  "Good! Thank you!"  I say.  So I hold on to the stroller, until Conan gets over to me. I slowly take my hands off the stroller Handle, and reach for Conan's hands. I feel so much safer than I did when holding the baby stroller. It did support me, but something about my fiancées hands is so much more comforting. And more trustworthy. Especially after seeing him skate like a professional. But even if he wasn't great at skating, I'd trust him to keep me on my feet. Unless he of course fell. But then he would most likely make me fall too, but on top of him. Ashley follows us. Conan makes us do some gentle spins at first. It's very fun. And we spin a good 5 times, then we just start to hold one hand. We skate very far! We get to a pretty stone bridge, and we stop underneath it. "Hey look! It's an icicle! Nature's mistletoe!" Conan says, pointing up. I shake my head, giggling at his silly shenanigans. "Well I suppose we have to kiss, now, right?" I ask, smiling. "I suppose you're right." Conan says. So I smile, and he smiles as he leans in slowly. And then he slipped, which made our lips meet faster. I think he did it on purpose. I made sure to keep him up. I would never let him fall, in any way other than in love. Which he already has. I hold his waist, and he holds me by the upper part of my back. It's a very very slow kiss. The slowest kiss ever! I loved it! We kissed for a few minutes. It was very magical. He pulls away now, and we continue skating down the path. Gliding, and spinning. A few minutes later, he gives me another peck on the lips. Just a quick peck. I give him a peck back. Conan smirks from happiness. "I'm in the mood for Kisses right now." Conan says. "Okay, I'm fine with that! We can give each other as many kisses as needed, until you are satisfied." I say. "Yay! Thanks! Get smooching!" Conan Says. So I kiss his cheek multiple times, then the lips, and we kiss each other at the same time, and then we continue to skate. Then he swirled me around, pulling me into him. So I kissed him again. He smiles so wide. "Thank you! I feel so satisfied at the moment." Conan says. "Good. Let me just give you a few more kisses for Good measure." I say, smiling. I lean in to kiss him a few more times. "There, how's that?" I ask. "It's great! You love to spoil me! By buying things, and spoil me with Kisses. The best way." Conan says. "I'm very happy to spoil you! And you spoil me! It goes both ways." I say. "That's very true. I'm happy to spoil you as well! It makes me SO happy!" Conan says. "I know. I definitely spoiled you for Christmas!" I say, smiling wide. "I cannot wait to see what you got me!" Conan says. "I cannot wait to see your reaction to everything you get! And I still am gonna get you some other things. When we get home tomorrow, to Ashley's, we should go to grapevine and see what there is. But you can't go to see what I get you. You have to be back a bit." I say. "Awww.... but I love being around you." Conan says, pouting. "Aww, baby. I know you do. And I love being around you!" Conan pouts some more. "I'm gonna hate being away from you." Conan says. "I know. It'll be hard. But it will be okay. We can get through it. It might be a half hour or so. But at least it's not like a weekend. I love you." I say. "That's true. And besides, if I go with you, I won't be surprised. We've done it multiple times since we both have bought stuff for each other. And I love you too." Conan says. "Exactly. So we've had some experience. Not much experience, but still. At least we have some experience. And I love you more." I say. "Well I love you most." Conan says. "Yayyy! You win!" I say, glowing up. Then we end up going in for another slow, sweet, passionate kiss. This time it was over faster. It was like, less than a minute. I'd say a good 30-45 seconds.  "These kisses are so amazing!  They feel so good!"  I say.  Conan smiles.  "I very much agree!"  He says.  "Every kiss is magical with you.  But does there seem to be a different feeling, now that it's Christmas time?  Do you think it's more magical, because it's Christmas time?"  I ask.  "You know, I think that too."  Conan says.  "Okay cool.  So it's not just me."  I say.  "No, not at all."  Conan says. We continue to kiss and twirl around the ice. We actually get very far across the icy lake. It took about an hour and a half to get back in the area we parked in.