6: he smiled

the whole time over, jungkook just had the urge to pull taehyung closer, to have him against his body, to shower him with kisses, but he couldn't. all he could do was watch him, as he was seated in front of him at the rectangle table in the cafeteria, eating his lunch.

taehyung was laughing, giggling and having fun with jimin, his mate and hoseok. jungkook was quiet, just admiring the small boy in front of him.

"uhh, the slut made new friends."
"what a surprise"

two girls were suddenly giggling as they passed the table of the 5 wolves. taehyung's face immediately saddened, as he continued eating. he didn't dwell on it though.

jungkook looked first at taehyung and then at the girls as he gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw.

he abruptly stood up, hitting his fist against the table, almost breaking it. the whole cafeteria went silent and all eyes turned on him.

"hey, you bitches, can you repeat what you said earlier?" he asked them sternly, trying to not show his red eyes, since one of them was human. he can tell by the scent.

"ha? you mean about taehyung. i beg you, don't pity him, it's his own fault." the human one said rolling her eyes. the wolfs girl, an omega looked frightened at jungkook. she knew he was an alpha.

everyone at the table looked up at jungkook, taehyung with big glossy doe-eyes.
jungkook scoffed and eyed the frightened girl. "kneel down." he growled with his alpha voice, which the girl had to immediately obey.

the girl knelt down and looked down. her friend eyeing her confused. "what the fuck are you doing, irene?"

"shut up!" jungkook growled. he squatted next to the wolfs girl, eyeing her angrily.
"apologize to him." jungkook ordered her again with his alpha voice.

taehyung looked at him with big eyes, being a little afraid since jungkook looked really scary at the moment. the girl stood up, went over to taehyung and lowered her head. "i-i am sorry, taehyung. please forgive me."

taehyung just mumbled a quiet 'it's okay' before looking away from her and back to jungkook.

"irene, are you insane?" the human girl looked at her confused and with wide eyes.

"seulgi, there's something you don't know. i have to listen to him. now apologize you too." irene answered, not daring to look up.

jungkook looked at the wolf with a smirk, pleased by how prettily she obeyed. "i will never apologize to that whore. pff, i don't know what's wrong with you." she said to her friend, irritated.

jungkook growled lightly, as he gritted his teeth again and didn't hesitate to grab his plate of spaghetti and dropped it on top of the human girl.

"yah, hey!" she shouted, when she felt the warm sauce gliding down her hair.

"you better apologize, or else you have to face more consequences." jungkook growled. she eyed him afraid, feeling the dark aura now too. she quickly apologized and left with her friend.

then jungkook turned to all other people in the cafeteria. "if i hear anyone of you talking shit about taehyung again, i'll fucking kill you." he growled, letting all wolves present shuddering and the humans gulping.

taehyung who was almost crying looked blankly at his plate, not feeling hungry anymore. jungkook sat back down, eyes fixed on the omega.

it was a sting in his body when he saw taehyung's sad expression. "hey, are you okay, pup?"

taehyung shuddered by the sudden nickname, but he nodded. "th-thank you." he said, flashing a small broken smile at jungkook, melting with this the alpha's heart.