25: astral pack?

jungkook was hammering against the door as if there was no tomorrow and when still nobody opened, he kicked it open, immediately running in. hoseok, jimin and yoongi directly followed. "taehyung!"

jungkook looked into every room, desperately ran through each room, sometimes checking twice, even though he knew it was unworthy. he couldn't feel taehyung in his near and he could tell by the weakness of his scent's presence that he was gone.

lastly, when he was in the omega's room for the third time, he weakly fell on his knees. "wh-where are you, pup?" his eyes scanned the messy, unmade and empty bed. it's the first time he was in taehyung's room, but it is definitely not the way he had imagine it.

the door opened and revealed the other three wolves. "let's go back, jungkook." hoseok said, grabbing jungkook's shoulder's, helping him up. jungkook let himself get helped, not sure if he would've been able to get up on his own.

today the omega was officially going to move into their pack house and jungkook was ready to spent the next days with taehyung non-stop. it drenched his gut to know this had to wait. that his mate was in possible danger.

"we will find him," hoseok tried to reassure the other alpha. "we will inform your father, we're getting the troops ready."

jimin sniffed in the back. "j-jungkook, is there someone that you think could have done it?"

on wobbly legs, jungkook lowered his head, shaking it. he had no idea. knowing taehyung's rank and rarity, anyone who had a hunch of his real wolf-rank could be the possible enemy. "i have no idea." everything was blurry, everything felt unimportant. "we need to get back, immediately."

"can you track his scent?"

no, he had tried it, of course. inside the house, taehyung's scent was everywhere, but too weak to indicate his presence. jungkook couldn't locate the scent any further though, as if something was blocking it. he shook his head.

a hiccup escaped jimin's lips, before he bursted out in tears, immediately getting engulfed by his mate's arms. "it will be fine."

hoseok looked at jungkook. "kook, do you really have no idea? even the slightest idea is helpful right now. has namjoon reported any suspicious activity to you lately?"

and that's when it hit jungkook like a truck on the road way.

astral pack.

it's a suspicion, but like hoseok said, even the slightest little information can be helpful right now. his gut feeling was telling him that something about this pack that all of the sudden has been catching his attention lately, has something to do with taehyung's absence.

"we need to leave, i have a hunch where he could be."

the moment they entered their packhouse, namjoon was already in the hall. "why aren't you at school?" he asked with raised eyebrows when he saw the panting boys in front him.

"hyung, where is jin hyung?!" jungkook asked. "jin? why do you need jin? he's at the café, i was just on my way-

"taehyung got kidnapped!" jimin who fought with the tears again shouted, cutting namjoon off. the older widened his eyes.

"what?! how? what? why do you need jin?"

"he wasn't home this morning and my wolf told me something was wrong with him. he is in danger, i can feel it and i'm pretty sure he is at astral pack. the wolf who trespassed our pack ground was after taehyung. astral pack never acted suspicious towards us, but since taehyung has been my mate, they suddenly get mentioned often. everything is adding up, someone must have found out that taehyung is an omega. i need to know if jin knows something about astral, it's important." jungkook babbled, too fast, the words just rolling down his tongue in desperation. the desperation to know what is going on. his hands were clammy, his throat itchy and his heart felt like leaving his chest every seconds he spent more without knowing where taehyung is.