16: kiss

namjoon just stepped out of the shower, when an overwhelming scent claimed his attention, body and soul in one second. the huge urge to follow the scent intensified when he heard the doorbell ring, his inner wolf telling him to run downstairs as quick as possible.

with just a towel wrapped around his lower area, he followed the scent of lavender, ending up in front of the entrance door, just like he expected. without thinking twice, he ripped it open, being now face to face with a ravenette beta, a person so unreal and beautiful, he just cannot be real.

"mate." namjoon said.

"m-mate." the other whispered and got pulled into a hug from namjoon.

seokjin froze.

jungkook's lessons terminated earlier than the from the others and he decided to go out at the school yard again, in order to waste some time as he waited for taehyung.

he sat on the same bench as he did at the day he met taehyung for the first time, where the omega was scared of him and run away. he shook his head at the thoughts, smiling to himself at the progress that they made. sure, it should've been from the start like this, but maybe it is even better this way. it's not the mate-bond binding them, but real feelings and that's even more precious than anything else.

"oh hey, again ditching lessons?" jungkook looked up, meeting yugyeom's eyes. just like kn jungkook's first day, he held a lollipop between his lips.

jungkook chuckled. "no, my lessons are terminated, how about you?"

"of course i'm ditching, i wouldn't have survived one second more in this stinky building... why re you still here? i would die to go home!" yugyeom stated irritated, making jungkook chuckle again.

"i'm waiting for him." the alpha explained, expecting yugyeom to understand who he means.

and he did. "your mate, right? how is it going?"

"great, i hope." jungkook mumbled, trying not to smile.

"nice. everyone in school is talking about you two."

jungkook raised an eyebrow. "why?"

yugyeom pulled the lolli out and put it back into his mouth. "you are basically the one everyone wants as heir partner, almighty and handsome, but they look down at taehyung as if he was a toy, no living creature. even if he never did something like the rumors say. it's expected for the people not being able to shut up about you. from what i heard, they all think you're using taehyung-

a growl from jungkook interrupted yugyeom and the boy's eyes widened when he saw the red glint in jungkook's eyes. "i don't wanna hear more."

yugyeom nodded and continued licking on his lollipop, unbothered. "it's what i caught. i told you take cautions. people are disgusting."

jungkook thought about taehyung, his heart clenching by just imagining what the omega must have gone through this whole time at school. jungkook knows taehyung wouldn't do something like that, hell he couldn't even hurt a fly without crying to sleep at night, wondering if the fly had kids and family.

"i will kill whoever talks shit about my mate like this."

"we stan protective boyfriends" yugyeom chuckled.