14: i can't sleep

i can't sleep.... so tell me...
ok i'm sorry, stan stray kids y'all😁
song: stray kids- insomnia

the title of the chapter reminded me on it...(:
___________________

2:43am

it was in the middle of the night when taehyung woke up from a not so deep slumber. without opening his eyes, he switched his position, tried to catch another few hours if sleep. it didn't work though and he opened his eyes annoyed. that's when he realized where he was, remembered what he was doing here.

he smiled at the thought of jungkook.

his smile dropped as quickly as it came though, when he heard a crack-sound from outside.

trembling in fear, he slowly approached the window and he saw a black silhouette of a person turned directly at him, the same person running away the moment they took notice of taehyung.

with an erratic heartbeat and fear creeping through him, taehyung ran back to the bed and crawled into the blankets, hugging his pillow tightly to forget about what he just saw, wishing for nothing more but to fall asleep again, so the night's over as quick as possible.

but it troubled him, just like it would trouble every other sane person too. bangtan's pack ground borders with a forest, the way that silhouette disappeared behind all the trees in the dark sacred taehyung to the core.

he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep, he also knew that he didn't want to spend this night alone though.

would jungkook mind if he goes to him in the middle of the night?

taehyung took a deep breath and decided he can't sleep alone. normally he would already be laying next to seokjin.

or jimin, but jimin is most probably sleeping next to his mate and he wouldn't disturb them.

he stood up, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, because it was cold, and slowly approached the door. first sticking just his head out, to scan the hall, he saw nothing and no one.

his legs were wobbly as the halls welcomed him with darkness and he thought about just going back to bed and crawling under the blanket again. he took a deep breath and stepped out, luckily having memorized the way to jungkook's room.

he was shivering for sure, being in such a huge mansion in the middle of the night, while it's dark- black and you can't see anything. taehyung isn't used to this darkness and this spacious surrounding.

and everything got alarmed around him, when he accidentally bumped into someone. he closed his eyes, afraid of what or who is in front of him. a squeak left his lips and he slapped his hand in front of his mouth, when the light of a phone flashlight hit him.

"taehyung?"

"n-namjoon?" the omega was relieved to hear a voice he knew and he felt his whole body relax.

namjoon lowered his phone. "hey, why are you awake and what are you doing here? you shouldn't wander around alone," namjoon whispered softly.

not sure if he wanted to tell namjoon about what he had witnessed earlier, taehyung just said: "i just can't sleep... i wanted to go to jungkook."

"want a tea? i was just about to make me one?" namjoon offered and taehyung softly shook his head, wondering if namjoon had been awake the whole night.

"no, i'm fine.. could you accompany me to his room? i'm.. scared," he admitted weakly.

the alpha tilted his head a little to the side, taking a good look at the omega. he couldn't believe that his little brother's dream has come true. taehyung was the perfect mate to him, the perfect match to balance jungkook out. "of course," namjoon smiled.